The Weather thread - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• 2 weeks later...

Heading for 30C  here in southern England the next week . Been some weather we’ve had since March . Three months to end of May broke the sunshine record of about 550 hrs by a street at 620 odd hours with only ten other years having ever been over 500 since records . 
Summer Solstice  tomorrow . Enjoy folk ! 

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Looks like you had quite a storm, right enough.

😂 

Often when I try to post a pic it tells me it is over the limit, so I need to change the size from ‘actual size’ to small/medium/large. Then it posts it on its side. I dont know how to avoid this. 

1 hour ago, phart said:

I'm just back from a run, it's still warm enough that the rain is a pleasant cooldown.

You are making me feel guilty, I have been making the rain an excuse not to go.
That said, during that really warm spell it was as off putting to run in the heat as it is in the rain.   

I was out on Wednesday and there is an old bridge on the cycle track where i run, a group of boys in their early teens were hanging around and one of them  was completely  blocking the path with his bike.
As I slooooowly approached , one of the other boys said to him, ‘ move your bike and let the lassie by’.
If I had any puff left in me I would have kissed him . To be called a ‘lassie ‘ by a 13 yr old made my night. 

5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

That said, during that really warm spell it was as off putting to run in the heat as it is in the rain.   

I was out on Wednesday and there is an old bridge on the cycle track where i run, a group of boys in their early teens were hanging around and one of them  was completely  blocking the path with his bike.
As I slooooowly approached , one of the other boys said to him, ‘ move your bike and let the lassie by’.
If I had any puff left in me I would have kissed him . To be called a ‘lassie ‘ by a 13 yr old made my night. 

😄

23 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Bloody weather is interrupting my mid life crisis. Won't go out on my scooter if it is pissin down. Had my scooter for 2 weeks and I think it's pissed down for 10day's.

Its dry just now. You get scootin up here with a piece of Mrs Lairdys cake. 🏍 🍰

On 7/3/2020 at 3:41 PM, TDYER63 said:

I started couch to 5k 50 days ago and today ran my first 10k. I run round the carpark at the sports centre it's just over 400M a lap and that way I don't see anyone as it's shut down atm. I have a dread of it taking ages to get past walkers cause i run so slow! So i just trundle round lap after lap in my own wee world.

33 minutes ago, phart said:

I started couch to 5k 50 days ago and today ran my first 10k. I run round the carpark at the sports centre it's just over 400M a lap and that way I don't see anyone as it's shut down atm. I have a dread of it taking ages to get past walkers cause i run so slow! So i just trundle round lap after lap in my own wee world.

Well done ! Doesnt matter how slow you run to get from nothing to 10k in less than 2 months is great. 
 I really dont  think I could ever get to 10k, I could do that when I was younger but after 23 years of no exercise I have only managed to get back to running and built it up to 5k over the past few months .

I am fine with that though, when I was younger I really challenged myself  with both the speed and distance I was running, now I am just happy if I manage  to motivate myself to actually get out. 
I do the same run all the time, people ask if i dont get bored, but , like you , I just let my mind wander.
I have visions of me striding along like a gazelle, when , in actual fact, when I see my shadow on a sunny day I am barely moving 😁
The feeling you get when you have finished is great  though .   

Edited by TDYER63

14 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Well done ! Doesnt matter how slow you run to get from nothing to 10k in less than 2 months is great. 
 I really dont  think I could ever get to 10k, I could do that when I was younger but after 23 years of no exercise I have only managed to get back to running and built it up to 5k over the past few months .

I am fine with that though, when I was younger I really challenged myself  with both the speed and distance I was running, now I am just happy if I manage  to motivate myself to actually get out. 
I do the same run all the time, people ask if i dont get bored, but , like you , I just let my mind wander.
I have visions of me striding along like a gazelle, when , in actual fact, when I see my shadow on a sunny day I am barely moving 😁
The feeling you get when you have finished is great  though .   

I have been on a diet for 10 months and did loads of walking in the last 10 months so i think that built up some sort of aerobic fitness, now i'm a lot lighter so can up the speed to a trot.

It's surreal cause i can mind my first c25k session( 16th May) it was jog 60 secs walk 90 and do it 8 times and after it i was dreading the 2nd week as had to run for 90 seconds lol. I did the 10k in 62 mins 21 seconds and counting my warm-up and warm-down ran for 73 mins 13 seconds. I'd have broken down greeting being told i'd have to run for that long 7 weeks ago.

I'm using a Garmin watch and using their work out plan, it had me doing these things called "strides" 8x20 second effort with 45 second break inbetween on wednesday. I thought to myself yes basically a day off, ran the strides as all out sprints about killed myself and my legs are still feeling it. Turns out just meant to run at a higher cadence , really feeling ym age on those ones.

Yeah folk look at me funny when they realise i just run laps of a carpark, i just use social distancing as an excuse, I just prefer, sometimes if it's dry i might add in a lap of the fitba fields at the side, but i leave them for the dog walkers normally.

16 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Heatwave supposed to be on the way next week. Hope so since I was supposed to be in bloody Menorca right now

Hope so, the weather is so fuckin shite I've actually just happily agreed to go to IKEA 😩