Sevco vs Celtic - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I agree with the article but what are Police Scotland doing about it? 

Why aren't they making arrests every match day?

Sectarianism is a crime but apparently unless you add some sort of violence in, then you can't get arrested. 

what are the clubs and police scotland doing about it?

Thats a more appropriate question

Just now, vanderark14 said:

what are the clubs and police scotland doing about it?

Thats a more appropriate question

The clubs set the rules so that they can get away with minimal effort. 

They are also hiding behind the laws. If the Police did their job every week then the clubs wouldn't have a choice. 

The clubs don't want to get rid of devout paying punters, even if they are utter kunts. 

I can see the SNP turning the screw on strict liability now and the clubs only have themselves to blame.

As far as the cops go, every single club is paying a small feckin fortune for policing. It's high time they did some instead of making wee videos for future reference.

I watched the recent Rangers game at McDiarmid Park and the song book was atrocious.

Not to single out Rangers, but their spell in the lower leagues seems to have given the bigots 4 years to push the boundaries of what they could get away with, and they’ve realised pretty much anything goes.

Safety in numbers. To be fair to the police, wading into 3000 Rangers fans to lift someone is going to cause chaos, so they’d perhaps need to use CCTV to identify culprits. I’ve seen 1st hand several times what happens when the police and stewards “wade in” and even when they are completely correct to do so it causes bother, possibly more than it’s worth.

The problem I have is, they seem happy to “wade in” when it’s 50 kids at a Motherwell or Partick Thistle game, but stand idly as the Green Brigade flood a section of fir park and tear up seats.

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

I can see the SNP turning the screw on strict liability now and the clubs only have themselves to blame.

As far as the cops go, every single club is paying a small feckin fortune for policing. It's high time they did some instead of making wee videos for future reference.

I’m presuming the reason clubs are shying away from strict liability is that they would be held accountable for the behaviour of visiting fans? I can see why at least 10 teams in the top flight would shit themselves from that!

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m presuming the reason clubs are shying away from strict liability is that they would be held accountable for the behaviour of visiting fans? I can see why at least 10 teams in the top flight would shit themselves from that!

No, you're only liable for your own support unless there's been deemed to be a security failure by the home club or something. So if the Motherwell bois let a flare off or something the club gets fined. It's that simple. It's the only thing that's going to diminish sectarianism and bad behaviour amongst the idiots every support carries. Unfortunately there's such a lack of trust in those who govern our game being impartial it's hard to imagine who could possibly implement it.

Edited by slasher

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

No, you're only liable for your own support unless there's been deemed to be a security failure by the home club or something. So if the Motherwell bois let a flare off or something the club gets fined. It's that simple. It's the only thing that's going to diminish sectarianism and bad behaviour amongst the idiots every support carries. Unfortunately there's such a lack of trust in those who govern our game being impartial it's hard to imagine who could possibly implement it.

In that case I’m all for it, and can’t understand why more clubs are not.

Although from what I saw of the SFA report on the play off final, Motherwell might be against it. Combine that with the SFA whitewashing themselves for the Hibs cup final pitch invasion, your point about impartial implementation is very valid.

I don’t mind the pyro etc. from the ‘well Bois, but I’d think they’d struggle to get much support if the club were punished everytime they did it.

31 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Ibrox is an absolute cesspit of scum. The sooner they collapse again then the better for Scottish society. The club refuse to change. They thrive on it. 

There are some decent normal fans, but overall it is a hovel of bigotry, intolerance and hatred.

Sadly the 90 minute bigot culture that some seem to have, only makes things worse. I strongly believe that the police need to arrest and charge hundreds of people every week to make a difference, the behaviour by a significant number of fans wouldn’t be tolerated any where else. 

6 minutes ago, kumnio said:

There are some decent normal fans, but overall it is a hovel of bigotry, intolerance and hatred.

Sadly the 90 minute bigot culture that some seem to have, only makes things worse. I strongly believe that the police need to arrest and charge hundreds of people every week to make a difference, the behaviour by a significant number of fans wouldn’t be tolerated any where else. 

Correct. We all know some real good Rangers fans. It would be stupid to say any of us don’t. But, by and large the organisation that they follow is the bigoted head of the snake, so to speak.

25 minutes ago, kumnio said:

This. The police need to grow a set and do the job they're paid for. If they nicked a dozen of the bigots every game and they got them sorted with banning orders and public shaming it'd help to put off the 90 minute bigots. 

It wouldn't be seen as acceptable especially if they could lose their job. 

If you get the part time kunts to shut up it'd be much easier to spot and remove the hardcore scum too. 

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

This. The police need to grow a set and do the job they're paid for. If they nicked a dozen of the bigots every game and they got them sorted with banning orders and public shaming it'd help to put off the 90 minute bigots. 

If you get the part time kunts to shut up it'd be much easier to spot and remove the hardcore scum too. 

Spot on. 

22 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

If that's the incident outside the Govan arms then don't believe what you've seen on twitter.

I will be honest I have seen one video, probs that one and just wanted to see what reply i got, feel free to enlighten me as to what happened. One of the guys from work is off this week as he got a dooing......

8 hours ago, dan cake said:

on a list of 6 according to "sources"

That list, if I remember correctly, was first put into the public domain by John Cross, who despite tough competition is one of the worst journalists on the British Isles.

I'm not convinced Rodgers will be here beyond next season, I think he'll give at least one more go in Europe and then take it from there. It will be a big pre season though as I would think there might be a significant turnover in playing staff with a number of first team players for the off, so it will be a test for him and the scouting department to identify suitable replacements.

On 14/03/2018 at 2:51 PM, RenfrewBlue said:

As much as I agree, the clubs could do a lot more to discourage it. They along with the police could work together along with supporters groups. There has to be a want to do that within clubs and supporters. 

The finger can’t be pointed at one party, responsibility has to be taken by fans and the clubs too.

52 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

As much as I agree, the clubs could do a lot more to discourage it. They along with the police could work together along with supporters groups. There has to be a want to do that within clubs and supporters. 

The finger can’t be pointed at one party, responsibility has to be taken by fans and the clubs too.

Not saying you're wrong but the clubs won't do this properly while they make money off the back of the bigots. Simple Economics. 

They might, however be forced to up their game if the Police stepped up the number of arrests. 

31 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Not saying you're wrong but the clubs won't do this properly while they make money off the back of the bigots. Simple Economics. 

They might, however be forced to up their game if the Police stepped up the number of arrests. 

I doubt rangers or Celtic would act if a few extra people were arrested, just look at how much back bone Celtic had with the green brigade. 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I doubt rangers or Celtic would act if a few extra people were arrested, just look at how much back bone Celtic had with the green brigade. 

Agreed but 20 or 30 every game? 

Might be a case for the local council to shut the ground if it happened often enough. 

The clubs have shown they just won't do it on their own. 

21 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

The green brigade don't sing sectarian songs so fuck knows why they've been brought into it. They probably sing offensive songs to you but they're not outlawed any more so can't see why they'd be arrested 

I think they were mentioned more in the context of their relationship with the club, they continually get the club in bother, but Celtic have been shown to be pretty impotent to stop them.