SSC Renewals - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC Renewals

slasher

12 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Ummmm, how many people can ask for extra hours at work? And don't say get another job that would be even more simplistic.

but well done you

a

Plenty of jobs offer overtime, and if youre not making sufficient money then yes move job. If not sell yer arsehole on the street, im sure some Tory would love to have their way with ye

11 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

No Johnny come latelys would get a ticket it would just be a way of differentiating high points holders from other high points holders. What do you think of allowing home supporters the opportunity to get a ticket every couple of years ahead of low points holders?

No chance, folk going to away games dont deserve to lose out because someone went to home games, ridiculous!!!

You’ll never keep everyone happy.

The way they do it just now is probably the fairest and simplest solution as far as away tickets go.

It doesn’t suit me, as I cherry pick the odd qualifier, but it doesn’t mean it’s unfair. I didn’t join the SSC for that reason.

If I was to pick one flaw, it’s that if you’re unsuccessful in a ballot, it’s a bit of a double hit, as a successful applicant not only gets a ticket, but move a point up the ladder.

I do wonder if they could have a 2 tier system for home/Away as of the 30,000+ members the SSC had a couple of years ago, probably close to 50% didn’t go to an Away game and only joined to guarantee home tickets, but then they make shitloads of money from these people!

England have a supporters club and a travel club. The supporters club is free, it’s effectively just registering on their website and allows you to buy home tickets.

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

You’ll never keep everyone happy.

The way they do it just now is probably the fairest and simplest solution as far as away tickets go.

It doesn’t suit me, as I cherry pick the odd qualifier, but it doesn’t mean it’s unfair. I didn’t join the SSC for that reason.

If I was to pick one flaw, it’s that if you’re unsuccessful in a ballot, it’s a bit of a double hit, as a successful applicant not only gets a ticket, but move a point up the ladder.

I do wonder if they could have a 2 tier system for home/Away as of the 30,000+ members the SSC had a couple of years ago, probably close to 50% didn’t go to an Away game and only joined to guarantee home tickets, but then they make shitloads of money from these people!

England have a supporters club and a travel club. The supporters club is free, it’s effectively just registering on their website and allows you to buy home tickets.

The England Travel Club gives caps for home game attendance too, which has been suggested here.

The England Travel Club also retains 10% of away tickets for a ballot, which has also been suggested here.

That to me is the best system.

4 hours ago, Kirk said:

Plenty of jobs offer overtime, and if youre not making sufficient money then yes move job. If not sell yer arsehole on the street, im sure some Tory would love to have their way with ye

No chance, folk going to away games dont deserve to lose out because someone went to home games, ridiculous!!!

Will you shut up about how employment works as I said from the start you don't live in the real world, most of us are lucky to have a job

As for me saying that home points should have a say in the points rankings  surely some one with 10 home points and 8 away points has more than tight to a ticket than some one with 10 away points and no home points?

Edited by ceudmilefailte

15 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

The England Travel Club gives caps for home game attendance too, which has been suggested here.

The England Travel Club also retains 10% of away tickets for a ballot, which has also been suggested here.

That to me is the best system.

Go and support England then

On 03/02/2018 at 9:12 PM, Rich NATA said:

So...

You would pay for the match ticket, flight and hotel for an away qualifier, but not an away friendly??

You can't compare the two it's like comparing cocaine with paracetamol and them both costing the same.

Was it Sir Matt Busby who said that football wasn't a matter of life and death it was more important than that. For 90 minutes in a competitive match that is the case,you are in a stadium with however may supporters wanting exactly what you do and really does matter

The build up is far more intense and the elation or despair after the match are worlds apart too

5 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Ok lets change it three home points or 5 home points or what ever the point is still the same. If you've 20 pts you can sit on the bench

Chill out pointless one, I merely asked you a question on your idea. 

24 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

You can't compare the two it's like comparing cocaine with paracetamol and them both costing the same.

Was it Sir Matt Busby who said that football wasn't a matter of life and death it was more important than that. For 90 minutes in a competitive match that is the case,you are in a stadium with however may supporters wanting exactly what you do and really does matter

The build up is far more intense and the elation or despair after the match are worlds apart too

Off course you can compare the two. You are supporting Scotland, it's irrelevant if it's against Brazil or San Marino, Friendly or World Cup Final

You should be supporting Scotland, I don't go to a Scotland match based upon the opposition or the occasion. It's about supporting the team where and when you can. It seems you Johnny Come Latelys only want to attend "big" fixtures in meaningful games 

You are not worth debating 

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Off course you can compare the two. You are supporting Scotland, it's irrelevant if it's against Brazil or San Marino, Friendly or World Cup Final

You should be supporting Scotland, I don't go to a Scotland match based upon the opposition or the occasion. It's about supporting the team where and when you can. It seems you Johnny Come Latelys only want to attend "big" fixtures in meaningful games 

OK I'll go back to supporting Scotland you go back to booking your holidays

6 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I don’t think you can compare friendlies to qualifiers.

If through circumstances or through personal choice you are going to pick and choose your games. You’re obviously going to favour qualifiers.

I think the suggestion of putting a %age of tickets to an open to all ballot isn’t a dreadful idea.

Although the struggle to get on the points ladder thing is a bit of a myth.

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Will you shut up about how employment works as I said from the start you don't live in the real world, most of us are lucky to have a job

As for me saying that home points should have a say in the points rankings  surely some one with 10 home points and 8 away points has more than tight to a ticket than some one with 10 away points and no home points?

Not really no. 

Lets use this as an example, you live on Cathcart Road, so getting to Hampden is easy for you. 

I on the other hand live in Shetland, sometimes it’s simply not possible to get 2 days off work for home games, friendlies etc, however, I do have enough time booked off to make each of my away trips a 3-5 day holiday, each coming in at circa 1k total, that’s before I have travelled to the home games that I can squeeze time in for, where as you’ve spent less going away and walked to the ground from your house, so you’re the better, more deserving fan?

You think you have more right than me, having to more home games and less away games to get a ticket before I do?

You need to get your head out of the clouds sunshine, that’s simply an idiotic thing to say. 

Ps, to say the points ladder is impossible to get on is a load of pish too. 

I was on 0 points before I went to Oslo, got a ticket, 0-1 when I went to Kaunas, got a ticket, Wembley (friendly) was a free for all, as was the carling cup in Dublin and the 2 other friendlies in London. 

That doesn’t even scratch the surface of games I didn’t go to. 

Edited by dandydunn

19 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Not really no. 

Lets use this as an example, you live on Cathcart Road, so getting to Hampden is easy for you. 

I on the other hand live in Shetland, sometimes it’s simply not possible to get 2 days off work for home games, friendlies etc, however, I do have enough time booked off to make each of my away trips a 3-5 day holiday, each coming in at circa 1k total, that’s before I have travelled to the home games that I can squeeze time in for, where as you’ve spent less going away and walked to the ground from your house, so you’re the better, more deserving fan?

You think you have more right than me, having to more home games and less away games to get a ticket before I do?

You need to get your head out of the clouds sunshine, that’s simply an idiotic thing to say. 

Ps, to say the points ladder is impossible to get on is a load of pish too. 

I was on 0 points before I went to Oslo, got a ticket, 0-1 when I went to Kaunas, got a ticket, Wembley (friendly) was a free for all, as was the carling cup in Dublin and the 2 other friendlies in London. 

That doesn’t even scratch the surface of games I didn’t go to. 

Well I live in the Hebrides but that is neither here nor there.

The points ladder is impossible to get on if you have other responsibilities and demands on your finances.

The current system is perfect for some but excludes others all together.

It's all just another example of how detached the SFA are from the core Scotland Support

If you live in Cathcart you can probably afford to go to all the away games anyway.

18 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Well I live in the Hebrides but that is neither here nor there.

The points ladder is impossible to get on if you have other responsibilities and demands on your finances.

It's all just another example of how detached the SFA are from the core Scotland Support

If you live in Cathcart you can probably afford to go to all the away games anyway.

Why don't you go to away games then instead of home games?

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Bill Shankly said It.

Your opinions on qualifiers v friendlies is strange to say the least and if someone is trying to get on the ladder, my advice is go to the games you CAN get a ticket for; not the ones you WANT a ticket for.

Personally, I don't give a F*CK if we are playing a qualifier or a friendly against Germany or Andorra - I'm there to watch Scotland play football.

Now, let us deal in facts...

UMPTEEN away matches have gone to nil pointers, so what exactly is the problem???

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Not really no. 

Very well put. :ok:

22 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Indeed...

People have bairns to feed and clothe and rent/mortgages to pay...

Then there are the non essentials people have like cars, gadgets, summer holidays...

Then there are the shit situation's, which arise; unemployment and divorces for example.

All of the above make following Scotland away very difficult, but most of the above are CHOICES and some are just the shit things life throws at you.

The Scotland away support is a broad church and we've seen/met them all, whether they be weathy or struggling; young or old; either way, we all started on zero points and it's a question of what you want out of life.

Sacrifices need to be made and something has to give - either way.

I remember some years ago around the time of one of the big matches; Dortmund or Amsterdam, I think...

Someone on here was whining about not having enough points (he was 1 short) and someone said he should have gone to such 'n' such a friendly to which he replied, he couldn't because he was saving up for his summer holiday in Majorca or some such place...

That was his CHOICE...

You can't have everything.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Go to Budapest, you will get a point for a couple hundred pounds.

Everyone else has responsibilities and financial demands, if you cant afford something, you dont get it.

There is no system that will work for everyone all of the time, fans who attend games must be rewarded accordingly.

Should there be a 7 point and above tax to pay for people who cant afford things, where do you want it to stop? Can I pay for your flights, someone else your hotel, another your spending money. Its a game of football, if you cant afford it, then tough,  youre not entitled to a football ticket, its not a necessity.

46 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Bill Shankly said It.

Your opinions on qualifiers v friendlies is strange to say the least and if someone is trying to get on the ladder, my advice is go to the games you CAN get a ticket for; not the ones you WANT a ticket for.

Personally, I don't give a F*CK if we are playing a qualifier or a friendly against Germany or Andorra - I'm there to watch Scotland play football.

Now, let us deal in facts...

UMPTEEN away matches have gone to nil pointers, so what exactly is the problem???

Your opinions on qualifiers v friendlies is strange to me.

Would I be right in thinking you applauded Gordon Strachan after the Gibraltar game?