Question Time Tonight - Page 18 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

I think the BBC has deliberately loaded the audience as GG said - horrible horrible program tonight - saddened.

Yep as the Guardian guy said, there's 300,000 Jews in the UK. That's around 1 in 200 of the population. Certainly didn't seem like a similar ratio in the studio...

Just watched it on iPlayer.

The usual rabble again

Was interesting that the Labour guy and GG were outraged about businesses getting involved in the political debate 'lecturing the electorate'. "How dare someone living in Monaco, who doesn't have a vote, try to influence the British people".

They weren't that bothered by it during the referendum!

Just watched it on iPlayer.

The usual rabble again

Was interesting that the Labour guy and GG were outraged about businesses getting involved in the political debate 'lecturing the electorate'. "How dare someone living in Monaco, who doesn't have a vote, try to influence the British people".

They weren't that bothered by it during the referendum!

Also, interesting that they played the pro-business card by avoiding the risk of leaving the EU

Conversely, the Tories, who had said the referendum scared business, are quite happy to indulge in the prospect of an EU referendum.

It was from Finchley

Maggie Thatcher's constituency - ergo... full of right-wing - are there any other - Zionists.

GG set up... thought he was more than capable of dealing with the keech that had the audacity to shout him down with: 'You're not wanted in London.'

He's an elected MP, however unpleasant he may be (sometimes.)

I thought that Galloway had said Israelis weren't welcome in Bradford so that's why they were saying he was not welcome there.

Finchley is a mixed area, not unusual in London - the consituency boundary shifts - it was (New) Labour for a number of years.

I thought that Galloway had said Israelis weren't welcome in Bradford so that's why they were saying he was not welcome there.

Finchley is a mixed area, not unusual in London - the consituency boundary shifts - it was (New) Labour for a number of years.

Were they all Israelis in the audience? :unsure:

Finchley has never had a Labour - 'new' or otherwise - MP.

Finchley has never had a Labour - 'new' or otherwise - MP.

Rudi Vis was Labour MP from 1997 to 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finchley_and_Golders_Green_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

The constituency including Finchley became Finchley and Golders Green - as I said there are boundary changes - but the bottom line is that Vis was Finchley's MP.

Were they all Israelis in the audience? :unsure:

I've no idea and in one sense it doesn't matter. At least one person in the audience felt that Galloway's previous rhetoric was harmful and I assume referring to freedom of movement and being 'not welcome' in a part of the UK.

You wouldn't need to be either Jewish or Israeli to think Galloway might deserve to have the "feel unwelcome" attitude thrown back at him, in turning up in north London (why did the BBC invite him to this show and not one in Yorkshire?).

Maybe a liitle bit like some Scots activists wanted to make Farage feel unwelcome in Edinburgh. They ended up being called the intolerant thugs...

• 2 weeks later...