Question Time Tonight - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

I thought that Galloway had said Israelis weren't welcome in Bradford so that's why they were saying he was not welcome there.

Finchley is a mixed area, not unusual in London - the consituency boundary shifts - it was (New) Labour for a number of years.

He said Israeli tourists i think, which is unwise, so the Israeli ambassador came to Bradford and took loads of selfies of himself with his Israeli passport and then israeli flag and stuff.

Fortunately the normal residents of Bradford did respond, most sagely i would say

"

He called on Galloway and Taub to stop using the city for their own political ends, saying: "This is to Mr Galloway and the ambassador: please do not bring your politics on to the streets of Bradford to create disharmony among our communities. If you have concerns, share them in your embassy or in parliament or in a neutral place, not in Bradford."He added: "We work in harmony in Bradford and we support our Jewish community. Last year it was the Muslim community which helped to secure the sustainability of the city's last synagogue."

With only 299 Jews left in the city, the final synagogue was under threat of closure when members could not afford to repair the roof, until local Muslims kickstarted a campaign to save the 133-year-old building."

The years haven't treated Flint well. She used to be nae bad looking.

I used to 'work' for her, seven or eight years ago, when she was at the Department of Health. They outsourced their 'media monitoring' needs to us, and my work ended up on Caroline's desk every morning!

Why do I get the feeling that they were trying to set wee nic up for a fall?. She handled herself well so far just hope it lasts

She's becoming more popular as it goes on; her answer on Tory plans to make young people work for their benefits went down extremely well. However, this shouldn't be a surprise really. She'a a good debater and a highly competent all-round politician. Salmond and Sturgeon have been the two more talented and able Scottish politicians at Holyrood or Westminster for years now.

Edited by ZoltanBuchan