The Weemin - Page 24 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Weemin

Toepoke

• 3 weeks later...

Caroline Weir opens the scoring on her 100th cap and the girls go on to win in Finland. 

A decent run of 6 without defeat. But for that honking performance against Ireland we'd have been in good shape for the World Cup 😕

13 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Caroline Weir opens the scoring on her 100th cap and the girls go on to win in Finland. 

A decent run of 6 without defeat. But for that honking performance against Ireland we'd have been in good shape for the World Cup 😕

I'm still in the huff with her for missing that penalty v Ireland...

Bloody showpony.....

• 3 weeks later...

Watching the World Cup hits home we've spunked another opportunity up the wall.

I don't think we're miles away from a decent side and there seems to be some really good youngsters coming through - Emma Watson stands out a mile.

The gap between the WSL players and especially the older members playing in the WSPL is massive so hopefully more and more of the youngsters find their way down there.

Bizarrely optimistic watching it as the gap to the big heavyweights is closing and seeing the number of girls playing at grassroots fancy us to have a decent side coming through hopefully 

• 1 month later...

Only noticed that this game was being played earlier today. Did notice the team GB qualifying depends on England winning, lol. There is no nation called GB , but we all get the UK don’t do honesty.

did think then surely if the default world champions of English lionesseses must surely be broadcast free , at public expense, to every home in our United Kingdom. And so it is. God Save The King. 

2 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

I believe if England don't win the group they don't get a Team GB in the Olympics... now THERE'S an incentive. 

TBH this doesn't bother me. My limited support for the Scotland womens team went out the window when they threatened legal action

1 minute ago, AlfieMoon said:

Scotland denied a stonewaller pentalty - asbolutely incredible it wasn’t given. 

Then England go up the park and score a goal that looks marginally offside. 

No VAR. The English commentary team barely bat an eyelid. 

'It's been coming' after a period we could have scored 2 and had a peno.

51 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Lauren Davidson cant get into the starting 11 so on that basis there must be better options - and she is good

Have put £2 on them at 10/1

Really hope your bet comes in . 
I like north eastern English as much as any but will always remember Mackems at Wembley wanting FTM face painting for “fuk the mags” , still they have a better stadium other than the couple in Glasgow. 
that English girl James is a real player, apparently learning in the cages that most English played this century (London obvs) . Didn’t know till recently her bro is the Chelsea guy and it’s obvious the dad was pivotal.