Team v England - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team v England

Scout

What I like about Griffiths is he can score all kinds of goals; tap-ins, headers, free-kicks, long-range, one-on-ones... He will also try and score every time he gets a chance. He's not perfect or in great form but he is much better than our other options. 

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, PASTA Mick said:

What I like about Griffiths is he can score all kinds of goals; tap-ins, headers, free-kicks, long-range, one-on-ones... He will also try and score every time he gets a chance. He's not perfect or in great form but he is much better than our other options. 

He's no done ANY of that in a Scotland shirt though, that's why many of us have concerns. He needs a goal asap, where better to start than against England ??

10 hours ago, McTeeko said:

He's no done ANY of that in a Scotland shirt though, that's why many of us have concerns. He needs a goal asap, where better to start than against England ??

Agree to a certain extent, Griffiths also needs service, thistle is why I think we must play Armstrong, snodgrass and Fraser 

10 hours ago, McTeeko said:

It's probably only in the last 2 seasons he can be judged, before then he was no where near it physically. I get the feeling he's due a couple in a game and it'll take off from there.

15 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Aye like he did in the cup final... ;)

20 hours ago, Rude Gullit said:

Griffiths is the best of a weak bunch there. Shame he's in such 'meh' form. He was really off the pace in the cup final and the few shots he did have were snatched and poor.

Not worth starting Martin though as he'll just plod and kill any attempts of us getting forward. Naismith might be worth a shot if he can get himself psyched up and have one of those all action games he's capable of now and again.

Why have we got such a pishy shower of 'strikers'?

Meh form?

scored in all games pot split bar one including belters v rangers and Aberdeen. 

Edited by wembley67lisbon

On 5/30/2017 at 6:26 PM, wembley67lisbon said:

Meh form?

scored in all games pot split bar one including belters v rangers and Aberdeen. 

I only saw brief BBC highlights (which were ridiculously short for the main national cup final!) where he also laid 2 on a plate for sinclair, should have had 2 assists in that game 

19 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Can't understand Bannan being in the squad. He's done the sum total on nothing in a Scotland shirt. 

Much rather have either of the others that were left out. 

Disagree, I think he's an excellent player and fully merits his place in squad , think he was Sheffield wed player of the year? I would rather him than Morrison who has had far too few performances for the amount of caps he has.

Griffiths is a brilliant striker who can score all sorts of goals, his movement and work rate are great as well, and he will drag the England defenders out which will give Snodgrass, Armstrong and Fraser hopefully room to cut inside.  Apart from Griffiths we don't really have anyone else I really rate.

Guest BlueGaz
10 minutes ago, Geed said:

Griffiths is a brilliant striker who can score all sorts of goals, his movement and work rate are great as well, and he will drag the England defenders out which will give Snodgrass, Armstrong and Fraser hopefully room to cut inside.  Apart from Griffiths we don't really have anyone else I really rate.

Agree, and even better if Cahill is playing.  Turns like the QE2.

6 hours ago, Paulo2576 said:

Disagree, I think he's an excellent player and fully merits his place in squad , think he was Sheffield wed player of the year? I would rather him than Morrison who has had far too few performances for the amount of caps he has.

Sheffield Wed player of the year? Wow, in a season in which they weren't promoted? 

Does that make him nearly as good as Joey Barton? Burnleys player of the year when they were promoted? 

Bannan has been useless in a Scotland jersey and we should be looking to fresh faces that might actually turn up, given a chance. 

3 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Agree, and even better if Cahill is playing.  Turns like the QE2.

Agree Cahill is a complete donkey, so is Smalling, Phil Jones and John Stones, I honestly think Griffiths will run whatever 2 ragged, hes the kind of striker you hate playing against, nippy, never giving you a minute, would fancy Fraser Armstrong and Snodgrass to exploit the spaces Griffiths will open up.  No doubt it will be Forrest or Morrison instead off Fraser.

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Sheffield Wed player of the year? Wow, in a season in which they weren't promoted? 

Does that make him nearly as good as Joey Barton? Burnleys player of the year when they were promoted? 

Bannan has been useless in a Scotland jersey and we should be looking to fresh faces that might actually turn up, given a chance. 

Merely stating he's had an excellent season in a decent team, no need for the sarcasm. I like bannan and contrary to yourself I think he's been ok for Scotland. I'm all for a few fresh faces, but I'm of the opinion others should go before him.

1 hour ago, Paulo2576 said:

Merely stating he's had an excellent season in a decent team, no need for the sarcasm. I like bannan and contrary to yourself I think he's been ok for Scotland. I'm all for a few fresh faces, but I'm of the opinion others should go before him.

10 hours ago, Paulo2576 said:

Fair point with the sarcasm. Only excuse is it stopped me throttling a couple of useless clowns in the office. I apologise. 

Still think Bannan is pish mind you. ? 

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

I think I've decided on my XI...

......................Gordon

Tierney...Martin...Mulgrew...Robertson

................Brown...Cairney

Forrest.......Armstrong.........Fraser

......................Griffiths

I'd take that team minus forrest, play a traffic cone instead.

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

I think I've decided on my XI...

......................Gordon

Tierney...Martin...Mulgrew...Robertson

................Brown...Cairney

Forrest.......Armstrong.........Fraser

......................Griffiths

Cairney isn't a defensive midfielder