Crowd for Sunday - Page 3 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Crowd for Sunday

Squirrelhumper

Well I'm not going.

Good luck to the team.

Good luck to the fans.

Anyone who applauded in Faro will have played their part in it............... together with the folk who defended Burley and levein..............

AND ANYONE WHO HAS EVER DEFENDED THE SFA.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Doric said:

This game either gets us back in it and makes the England game meaningfull or puts us out of the equation completely. A big crowd and atmosphere would lift the team enormously. Sadly most Scots fans want the team to fail on Sunday to get the manager out. This is a huge game and if the stadium is half empty and the team flop well the TA will have played their part in our downfall. So much for the best fans in the World.If we fail on sunday yes I agree the manager will have to go and I am sure he will walk. Lets get behind the team on Sunday.

Yep, I think internationals are different, there aren't enough games to 'not turn up as you don't like the manager', as Mcghee said, go, show you're support and if they are rotten, boo or even don't go to the remaining games but when its a must win and we are still in it you need to go and support (if possible).

35 minutes ago, BRAVELANEY1 said:

Yep, I think internationals are different, there aren't enough games to 'not turn up as you don't like the manager', as Mcghee said, go, show you're support and if they are rotten, boo or even don't go to the remaining games but when its a must win and we are still in it you need to go and support (if possible).

Thanks Mark, but I'll pass.

42 minutes ago, BRAVELANEY1 said:

That's the way I see it too. I'm fortunate that Hampden is only 15 minutes away though so don't have the extra hassle attached to attending that others do.

16 hours ago, Reevesy said:

That's the way I see it too. I'm fortunate that Hampden is only 15 minutes away though so don't have the extra hassle attached to attending that others do.

You can make Hampden from Port Glasgow in only 15 mins? :P

Edited by Ormond

On 23/03/2017 at 10:49 PM, Doric said:

Sadly most Scots fans want the team to fail on Sunday to get the manager out.

I would say that's utter dross on your part,I don't know anyone that wants us to lose.

This is a huge game and if the stadium is half empty and the team flop well the TA will have played their part in our downfall.

Correct,people that continuously applaud mediocre performances have played their part in where we are right now. 

So much for the best fans in the World.

Thats generally a self awarded title nowadays,we're not even close to best support in the world. 

Lets get behind the team on Sunday.

I will be supporting them,from my living room,I've been ripped off too many times to keep paying to watch that shite  

Folk seem to be quite proud that they are not going. Like a duty to help end the campaign early.

Edited by Doric

2 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

I feel quite sad to have chucked it, but as I said in the other thread the performances in Metz & Trnava last year finished me off. 

I hope I'll be back & credit to those still going. :ok:

This.

I was lucky enough to see Scotland play in the World Cup in 98. I was 15, and came home full of excitement and anticipation of many more campaigns and finals to come. I'm now 34 and having followed Scotland all over Europe I'm now getting to the point where stepping back from it is almost inevitable.

There are a number of factors. Having a young family makes the expense of travelling to support the team harder to justify to the other half. The consistently disappointing results, littered more often than not with squad withdrawals and a general sub-standard performance makes it harder to justify to yourself. The 4-6-0 in Prague still, still, pisses me off.

By far the biggest contributor is the SFA. An organisation so steeped in the dark ages and old boys network it's hard to see a proactive way forward. We need a complete clear out but it won't happen. McGhee's continued presence in the managerial set-up is evidence of the old boys network being alive and well. The ticket pricing is outrageous.

ill be there tonight and at the England game in June but after that i think it'll be game over for me. I've done my bit. Good luck to those prepared to stick at it.

15 hours ago, Doric said:

Folk seem to be quite proud that they are not going. Like a duty to help end the campaign early.

Good post. It really is quite simple for me, Comrades. I support Scotland, my nation, my team - so I go and support them whenever I can. More thin than thick right enough but, even in the so called good old days there were huge disappointments, albeit at a later stage in the competitions. 

42 minutes ago, Jacques Hunt said:

Good post. It really is quite simple for me, Comrades. I support Scotland, my nation, my team - so I go and support them whenever I can. More thin than thick right enough but, even in the so called good old days there were huge disappointments, albeit at a later stage in the competitions. 

Indeed. 

If I can make it then I'll always be there. My support isn't based on whether we have a good team on the park or not.

I'm a proud Scotsman who loves football so only natural I enjoy watching the national team. Would enjoy it better if we were winning, of course, but it is what it is.

I would suggest that those who are going out their way to tell us they won't be watching it on the television were never really that bothered about us in the first place. Seems that many of them are Walter Smith era bandwagon jumpers when you hear their sob stories of how they've "been going for 10 years and never seen us qualify".

Big deal. Wales went 50 odd years without one and fans of other teams like San Marino still turn up despite knowing they'll never get near a tournament

18 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

I feel quite sad to have chucked it, but as I said in the other thread the performances in Metz & Trnava last year finished me off. 

I hope I'll be back & credit to those still going. :ok:

Yep im feeling kinda down not going but just can't justify, missing meeting up with mates before hand too but hey ho.

Cannot blame anyone for not wanting to go. If a manager removes ALL hope, as Strachan has done, people are bound to be affected by that. The current Scotland team has no future whatsoever. We will finish above Malta but that's it. We will then be in pot five come next tournament  draw and again have no chance of qualifying. Strachan  (and immediate predecessors) have destroyed the Scotland team for a generation. 

Listening to the game on the radio delighted in particular for the fans who have attended. Decided not to go the SFA ticket rip off pre last campaign was the show stopper for me have not felt the same about it since. Not a millionaire by any means but have sufficient cash to spend watching football just resentful about getting the pi$$ taken out of me because I want to support my national team.

I'll pick and choose games to suit myself from now on. The SFA have done a fantastic job of turning supporters into customers. Looking at tonight's attendance it would appear that they're continuing with their splendid efforts.

8 minutes ago, ST#7 said:

Listening to the game on the radio delighted in particular for the fans who have attended. Decided not to go the SFA ticket rip off pre last campaign was the show stopper for me have not felt the same about it since. Not a millionaire by any means but have sufficient cash to spend watching football just resentful about getting the pi$$ taken out of me because I want to support my national team.

I'll pick and choose games to suit myself from now on. The SFA have done a fantastic job of turning supporters into customers. Looking at tonight's attendance it would appear that they're continuing with their splendid efforts.

The SFA are the main reason for the empty stadium/general apathy for all the team are poor and manager is ignorant of the fans.

Surely there should be an investigation into the last 2 home attendances.

Wont be though.