Bbc News Scumbag Exposed - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bbc News Scumbag Exposed

This is the funniest part of the whole campaign. The TAMB complaining about BBC bias. Keeps me smiling.

You do realise the TAMB is a message board and the BBC is a state broadcaster. This is just sophistry, same in the other thread where you equate George Square with a civic crime.

Just started reading the threads, and some of the Yes folk are exhibiting worrying signs of hysteria as well.

You do realise the TAMB is a message board and the BBC is a state broadcaster. This is just sophistry, same in the other thread where you equate George Square with a civic crime.

Just started reading the threads, and some of the Yes folk are exhibiting worrying signs of hysteria as well.

Yes I know. I am not accusing TAMB of bias. I am merely having a chuckle about many posters defence of the BBC during the Rangers story. Despite the Beeb being found at fault on a couple of instances.

Edited by EddardStark

Endless sophistry and he barely conceals the fact that he does not believe the majority his own specious arguments, most of which is designed to provoke a reaction.

Amazed people waste their time trying to address the shifting sands of his bogus blah blah bullshyte. He does not break any rules so fine let do what he wants but answering his garbage only energizes it.

Well I suppose there's some sort of a collective catharsis going on here - an opportunity to get away from the news and papers full of the majority british points of view. Some people need to express their angst in public and others come along and feed off it. Something to do on a sunday morning if there is nothing better to do

Edited by exile

Well I suppose there's some sort of a collective catharsis going on here - an opportunity to get away from the news and papers full of the majority british points of view. Some people need to express their angst in public and others come along and feed off it. Something to do on a sunday morning if there is nothing better to do

Reads far to retributive and punitive to me. Relive pain by inflicting it on others as opposed to genuine catharsis. I don't watch the media , plus there are more than 2 reasons for why people come here, it's not a binary option.

Reads far to retributive and punitive to me. Relive pain by inflicting it on others as opposed to genuine catharsis. I don't watch the media , plus there are more than 2 reasons for why people come here, it's not a binary option.

Agreed.

As said on another thread, anyone who wants a yes vote in future should not be scaring off the middle ground of people whose hearts may have been yes but whose heads or fears drove them to no.

By hysteria I thought you meant people emoting and grieving in public (who are feeding the schadenfreude of others)

Edited by exile

Agreed.

As said on another thread, anyone who wants a yes vote in future should not be scaring off the middle ground of people whose hearts may have been yes but whose heads or fears drove them to no.

By hysteria I thought you meant people emoting and grieving in public (who are feeding the schadenfreude of others)

I was talking about unmanageable levels of emotional stress. Coming in to feed of this emotional distress is a sure sign of soem form of anti-social personality dis-order. a grief vampire.

I was talking about unmanageable levels of emotional stress. Coming in to feed of this emotional distress is a sure sign of soem form of anti-social personality dis-order. a grief vampire.

I don't wholeheartedly agree with that. I have to say that more people are beginning to sound positive about moving forward. I can only give you my perspective on things. Friday morning was horrific. I was grieving for something I had wished for so badly and really felt that I would never see it. I was so upset I was crying in public. ... I don't do that level of emotion. Saturday was my first day back having a wee look to see how others were coping. And I've found a sense of feeling that we might be down but we are definitely not out. They have to win every time. We only have to win once. We'll find how to facilitate that. There's some really brilliant minds here, their passion, commitment and knowledge is wonderful. But they are battle weary. Take a breath, face the sun and smile.

Endless sophistry and he barely conceals the fact that he does not believe the majority his own specious arguments, most of which is designed to provoke a reaction.

Amazed people waste their time trying to address the shifting sands of his bogus blah blah bullshyte. He does not break any rules so fine let do what he wants but answering his garbage only energizes it.

Agreed.

Is there a facility to put somebody on an 'ignore' list on the TAMB so that you never see any messages they post? I've seen this functionality on other message board, but do we have a similar facility on here? If so, can somebody tell me how I add him to my ignore list?

Agreed.

Is there a facility to put somebody on an 'ignore' list on the TAMB so that you never see any messages they post? I've seen this functionality on other message board, but do we have a similar facility on here? If so, can somebody tell me how I add him to my ignore list?

Click on your user name on the top right hand corner, then on 'manage ignore prefs'.

You can then add Eddard's name at the bottom.

If I've got him on ignore in a couple of his earlier alter-egos, but I decided to leave him this time for entertainment value...

Click on your user name on the top right hand corner, then on 'manage ignore prefs'.

You can then add Eddard's name at the bottom.

If I've got him on ignore in a couple of his earlier alter-egos, but I decided to leave him this time for entertainment value...

magic. Thanks chief.

I may un-ignore him when it comes time for his club to liquidate for a second time