Mcleish - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mcleish

Duncan Blackheart

Strachan should be given another chance in the WC Qualifiers. That's if he wants it. Foreign coaches are up against the clubs when it comes to introducing changes to formations and basic approach in terms of passing a ball. I doubt potential coaches will be beating down the door to manage Scotland.

Strachan should be given another chance in the WC Qualifiers. That's if he wants it. Foreign coaches are up against the clubs when it comes to introducing changes to formations and basic approach in terms of passing a ball. I doubt potential coaches will be beating down the door to manage Scotland.

Agree strongly. Keep WGS - if we can. Eck had his chance and did a good job before lurching us. History.

There are literally no options to replace Strachan.

Whilst I think he's too loyal and lacks a plan B, he's infinitely better than the other options. And I do believe he's learned a lot from this campaign - albeit his press conferences have been weak recently.

Phuk no.

Keep WGS for the WCQs. Hopefully he can come up with a Plan B by then. Also hoping he can address the mental defficiencies that - collectively - we seem to have.

We settle for too many draws. We give teams too much respect. We can't strangle the life out of a game to get a result (unlike the Irish).

I genuinely believe that if we develop a plan B and a bit more belief then we'll be challenging for 2nd position in any group and/or a play-off ... and that is more than respectable given our overall quality compared to other Euro nations (i.e. no world class players like a Lewandowski, Bale, Ibrahimovic etc.).

WGS to stay please.

I'll be gutted if he left the post as this was always a work in progress. Despite not qualifying, is this the first campaign in a while where we didn't get beat by 2 goals or more in any game?