Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 431 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Rangers massively underachieved in Europe through the 90s and 00s.

Financially they were probably on a par or at least on the same planet as most of the top sides through that period and we’re only interested in humiliating Celtic.

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Well, of course our game isn’t as good as it was. There is no definitive gauge of what ‘shite’ is. Our game was obviously better decades ago. That much is true. But you never heard a single Rangers fan saying our game was shite when they were steamrollering through the titles in the 90’s. Funny that. :rolleyes:

Over the last 20 years, each team outside the OF has been shite. I know my team has been worse than the current side at some point over the last 20 years. I’ve no idea what Renfrew is on about.

3 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Firstly, any cash from the Robertson sale  will be used to pay off ‘any of the multiple ‘soft loans’, either that or sexual deviant Thompson will put it toward a condo on Bondai Beach. 😡

Secondly, YOU fuck off - serves you right . 😀😜

:lol::lol:

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Over the last 20 years, each team outside the OF has been shite. I know my team has been worse than the current side at some point over the last 20 years. I’ve no idea what Renfrew is on about.

Basically, Huns think that the game is shite because they’re not at the top of the pile.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Rangers massively underachieved in Europe through the 90s and 00s.

Financially they were probably on a par or at least on the same planet as most of the top sides through that period and we’re only interested in humiliating Celtic.

We definitely did underachieve other than in 92, however this wasn't helped by the foreigners rule limiting the team we could put out. 

We weren't quite as rich as the top club so like Juventus etc but as you say we weren't as far away as Celtic are now. 

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Basically, Huns think that the game is shite because they’re not at the top of the pile.

You keep repeating the same old bullshit. 

At least try and stop generalising. I don't represent all Huns. 

Scottish football is of a poor standard, comparatively speaking, and I can't see anyone providing evidence to the contrary. 

Celtic are strolling the league every season yet have been utterly humped home and away by the big boys in the CL. 

Rangers were pumped out of Europe by a feckin Luxembourg team! 

The only bright spots are that we appear to be starting to develop some young players that are attracting interest outwith Scotland. With any luck they might have a positive impact on the national team. 

45 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You keep repeating the same old bullshit. 

At least try and stop generalising. I don't represent all Huns. 

Scottish football is of a poor standard, comparatively speaking, and I can't see anyone providing evidence to the contrary. 

Celtic are strolling the league every season yet have been utterly humped home and away by the big boys in the CL. 

Rangers were pumped out of Europe by a feckin Luxembourg team! 

The only bright spots are that we appear to be starting to develop some young players that are attracting interest outwith Scotland. With any luck they might have a positive impact on the national team. 

I actually agree with what you say. You are right, you are not what a stereotypical Hun is, I know that. But, I am going to repeat that same old “bullshit” again. Your average Hun doesn’t think our game is shite because of our Euro failures. It is simply because they are not top dogs. My generation(born in 80) grew up with the Huns being the best in the country. It’s all Huns of my age know. 

Edited by Ormond

3 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I actually agree with what you say. You, you’re right are not what a stereotypical Hun is, I know that. But, I am going to repeat that same old “bullshit” again. Your average Hun doesn’t think our game is shite because of our Euro failures. It is simply because they are not top dogs. My generation(born in 80) grew up with the Huns being the best in the country. It’s all Huns of my age know. 

All they know? Did they all die at the same time as RFC then? 

9 hours ago, Ormond said:

You are correct.

Not Huns: Fairbairn, yersel’ :ok:

Defo Huns: Bluegaz, GRbear :worried:

Jury’s oot: Debian <_<

I’m not sure whether I’m pleased with this or not. 

If I throw in a “No Surrender” will that bump me in to the Undecided group with Debian while I figure out what group I want to identify with? Like a kind of Gender Neutral Hun! 

Am i reading this correct ?

https://media.rangers.co.uk/uploads/2017/11/Rangers-Reports-and-Accounts-2017.pdf

As @ June 17, Rangers owed GBP 7M  in Xfer fees, and GBP4M of these are payable 2018 onwards ?  GBP3M payable 2017/2018

Page 48

"Included within liabilities are the following £’000 £’000 player registration payables: Current liabilities 3,374 654 Non-current liabilities 4,453 514 Financial discount effect (701) - 7,126 1,168"

Makes more sense now on the cash flow issue

+ there is GBP 15M of Investors Loans (which will likely be converted to shares @ some stage, unless the guys actually want their money back) 

So appears even some of next years income been spent already 

1 hour ago, euan2020 said:

Am i reading this correct ?

https://media.rangers.co.uk/uploads/2017/11/Rangers-Reports-and-Accounts-2017.pdf

As @ June 17, Rangers owed GBP 7M  in Xfer fees, and GBP4M of these are payable 2018 onwards ?  GBP3M payable 2017/2018

Page 48

"Included within liabilities are the following £’000 £’000 player registration payables: Current liabilities 3,374 654 Non-current liabilities 4,453 514 Financial discount effect (701) - 7,126 1,168"

Makes more sense now on the cash flow issue

+ there is GBP 15M of Investors Loans (which will likely be converted to shares @ some stage, unless the guys actually want their money back) 

So appears even some of next years income been spent already 

All of which probably explains McInnes decision to stay at Aberdeen. 

Guest BlueGaz
21 hours ago, Ormond said:

I always like Huns just now(each and every single one of them) coming away with the “Scottish fitba’ is shite” line because they are no longer top dogs. :lol:

Incorrect.  I said its shite because ......... its shite.  We are very bad - I have never said anything different.  If you think Scottish football is good, I'm cool with that and respect your views.  I watch shite 'most' weeks, yet we are still third.  Impossible for the rest of Scottish football to be good if thats the case.  

Guest BlueGaz
13 hours ago, Ormond said:

You are correct.

Not Huns: Fairbairn, yersel’ :ok:

Defo Huns: Bluegaz, GRbear :worried:

Jury’s oot: Debian <_<

:lol::lol:  Wee tables now.  You taking a break from perving around the internet fermer?  No got any sex toy sites to visit?

Guest BlueGaz
20 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It was a serious question, hence no emojis. 

There's 2 ways to look at it. 

Scottish teams are performing badly in Europe as is the International team, which implies our national product is rubbish. 

Alternatively there's far more competition for the league, other than for 1st, than there has been which either implies the game is doing well (all the teams are better and competing) or its doing badly (they're all at the same shitey level). 

Personally I think the standard of football has declined over the last 20 years, quite considerably and I'm not judging this on either of the Old Firm, more on what I've seen of the other teams. 

If you disagree that's fair enough but I'd like to know why you think what you do. 

Obviously some teams will be markedly better such as ICT or Ross County but these are anomalies IMHO. 

He talks out his arse - he just hates 'huns', no difference between him and most others.  But he is wrong of course.  Scottish football has been a low quality generally speaking for most of my lifetime.  I call it shite, but out of respect will change that to 'low quality'.  Even when Rangers were on top, Aberdeen were on top, relatively speaking, the standard in Scotland was still low.  Although Rangers and Aberdeen (particularly Aberdeen) did well in Europe for a period.  

I actually like the competitiveness in our league now, and although i would rather my team was on top again, it is what it is, i accept it and try to enjoy it for what it is - but in terms of quality its still shi ...... a low quality of football.

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm hoping for other teams to do better than you too, sorry!

And so you should.  I wouldn't expect anything different.  To me that makes you normal :ok:

32 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Incorrect.  I said its shite because ......... its shite.  We are very bad - I have never said anything different.  If you think Scottish football is good, I'm cool with that and respect your views.  I watch shite 'most' weeks, yet we are still third.  Impossible for the rest of Scottish football to be good if thats the case.  

What are you comparing scottish football to to label it shite?

I enjoy scottiish football at all levels. I would rather watch scottish football than any other league in the world.

before moving I used to watch a lot of highland league, junior and even amateur football and I used to enjoy it. Its a cop out to say our game is shite IMO, its maybe shite if you compare it to games involving the elite of europe but even then I get bored to tears watch some la liga, EPL, Serie A and CL matches.

Is it the lack of competition that makes it shite? take a look around the elite leagues, most are the same......................one team running away with it. England, France, Germany and Spain being prime examples. The only reasons these leagues are above us is money and wall to wall constant coverage, particularly England but for me, football doesn't need to have 22 multi millionaire players playing the game to make it "not shite".

In all honesty I think Ormond is right, people label our game as shite because its easier to do that or because their team is not as good as it used to be.