Anderlecht v Celtic - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anderlecht v Celtic

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

PSG score line adds a wee bit more context to their win at Parkhead now. 

Not really. PSG are far better at home than away in the CL. They pumped Barcelona in Paris only for their collective back ends to collapse in Spain. 

56 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Not really. PSG are far better at home than away in the CL. They pumped Barcelona in Paris only for their collective back ends to collapse in Spain. 

They have added three of the best players in the World to their team since that result. 

31 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Celtic beat the team currently sitting 7th in the Belgian league.

congratulations to them 

Which is infinitely better than losing to the team currently 8th in Cyprus.

See we can all play this silly game ?

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Keep at that straw clutching its glorious to watch.

You seem to have the wrong end of the stick matey. I'm glad Celtic beat Anderlecht and I think they may now have a chance against Bayern. I just don't think there's enough evidence yet to say PSG are the finished article. 

4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Yes it actually is. Irrespective of home away or wherever, beating Bayern by 3 shows a quality team who are flying at the moment. Basically better sides than Celtic will take a gubbing of PSG this season, Bayern being one of them.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Not really.

Everton, who got cuffed 3-0 at Atalanta, the 9th best team in Italy. We could play this game all weekend but a cheap shot is still a cheap shot ?

I agree that it was a cheap shot with little meaning. However, you're not averse to cheap shots yourself... ;) 

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I agree that it was a cheap shot with little meaning. However, you're not averse to cheap shots yourself... ;) 

there was nothing cheap about it, it was accurate. On paper and eventually the records will show celtic finally won away from home and kept a clean sheet. The reality is they won against a struggling side in a league which is not that much better than Scotland. They won, they can be happy and go on with confidence but this is not the incredible performance it being made out to be.

27 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

there was nothing cheap about it, it was accurate. On paper and eventually the records will show celtic finally won away from home and kept a clean sheet. The reality is they won against a struggling side in a league which is not that much better than Scotland. They won, they can be happy and go on with confidence but this is not the incredible performance it being made out to be.

Come on. The Belgian league is not much better than Scotland? If I took the time I could probably trawl through their clubs recent European results and find something to disprove that pretty quickly but frankly I can't be bothered. You can't be coming away with crap like that whilst hyping up wins against the likes of Groningen and Rijeka (which I agreed were excellent btw).

No one's saying it was an incredible performance and the first half hour most certainly wasn't. But when was the last time you saw a Scottish team totally dominant in terms of possession, chances and about every other stat and come away with a 3-0 win in Europe away from home?

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

The Belgian League had four teams qualify for the Europa League group stages last season, three of whom qualified for the knock-out stages, two teams in the QFs (one of whom beat the third Belgian qualifier in the last 16), and has a team in the CL group stages and EL group stages this season.

By contrast, Scotland hasn't delivered two teams beyond the qualifying stages of both tournaments since 2008-09.

8 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

The Belgian League had four teams qualify for the Europa League group stages last season, three of whom qualified for the knock-out stages, two teams in the QFs (one of whom beat the third Belgian qualifier in the last 16), and has a team in the CL group stages and EL group stages this season.

By contrast, Scotland hasn't delivered two teams beyond the qualifying stages of both tournaments since 2008-09.

Enough of that tarrier talk.

:oops: wrong forum.

:P

Come on. The Belgian league is not much better than Scotland? If I took the time I could probably trawl through their clubs recent European results and find something to disprove that pretty quickly but frankly I can't be bothered. You can't be coming away with crap like that whilst hyping up wins against the likes of Groningen and Rijeka (which I agreed were excellent btw).

No one's saying it was an incredible performance and the first half hour most certainly wasn't. But when was the last time you saw a Scottish team totally dominant in terms of possession, chances and about every other stat and come away with a 3-0 win in Europe away from home?

plenty in the media have been fawning over the performance so I guess you agree with me that it wasn't as spectacular as some have made out.

It was a good win and I'm sure you and the rest of the celtic fans will be happy to get that elusive away win, I was only pointing out that Anderlecht are in turmoil