Should The Yes Campaign Continue. - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Should The Yes Campaign Continue.

Bugger this. Will we ever have a free Scotland by feeling sorry for ourselves ?

The Irish, Czechs, Indians, Estonians, Burmese, Latvians, Pakistanis, Lithuanians, Poles etc etc all had to deal with bigger and bloodier obstacles than we did on their march towards national liberation. It will take time but our flag will fly alongside theirs one day too. Come on everyone, we need to bloody well keep at this !

Take a deep breath, a stiff drink if you need one and let's get out there to win it the next time !

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Irish, Czechs, Indians, Estonians, Burmese, Latvians, Pakistanis, Lithuanians, Poles etc etc all had to deal with bigger and bloodier obstacles than we did on their march towards national liberation. It will take time but our flag will fly alongside theirs one day too. Come on everyone, we need to bloody well keep at this !

Take a deep breath, a stiff drink if you need one and let's get out there to win it the next time !

:ok::cheers3:

This morning Id have said No, whats the point, but..

We gained 45% of the vote, despite being faced with an intolerable media campaign of hatred, smear, lies and threats.

There will always be people voting against, just as there will always be people voting for independence. I dont know how long, if it will even happen again, before the SNP are in a position to offer another vote. But if by somehow theres another chance, we can not let it pass.

Had 200,000 people voted Yes instead of No, then we would have won. Its not unreasonable to believe that had things been slightly better, we may have achieved this.

Hopefully people will realise what they have done, and to be brutal as feck, the largest No vote demographic will have passed.

This No vote was a disaster, a catastrophe even, but it doesnt have to be the end.

F'ck it, we arent finished.

Looked at joining and couldn't adhere to the full constitution I. E supporting the party on every policy. Greens, sadly I don't like their ideology re: GMOs and food productivity (no fishing /aquaculture and modern agriculture). So I would like to see a yes group working towards one and one only policy of more power leading to independenc, which I could join

I take your point but the whole problem is the nature of the beast - Britishness - that may not be as big or bloody as others but it is a more subtle adversary. Poles know they are not Russians or Germans. Czechs were not Austrians or Hungarians, and so on. But Britishness embraces and encompasses... and some people seem to be comfortable with the extra layer even if it demotes Scotland to a region...

Looked at joining and couldn't adhere to the full constitution I. E supporting the party on every policy. Greens, sadly I don't like their ideology re: GMOs and food productivity (no fishing /aquaculture and modern agriculture). So I would like to see a yes group working towards one and one only policy of more power leading to independenc, which I could join

SNP are a means to an end and thats it, I vote for them every time without looking at a policy because the were/are the only party who can deliver independence

Yeh I'd like to join a YES group too, I can't join either the SNP or the Greens really. The 45 Party.

Don't like the idea of "45" going forward. We need to grow to 60% to get this in the agenda and to be sure on the future if we are ever given the opportunity again.

I take your point but the whole problem is the nature of the beast - Britishness - that may not be as big or bloody as others but it is a more subtle adversary. Poles know they are not Russians or Germans. Czechs were not Austrians or Hungarians, and so on. But Britishness embraces and encompasses... and some people seem to be comfortable with the extra layer even if it demotes Scotland to a region...

Compared to where the Scottish nationalist movement was 50 years ago we've come on huge strides. Keeping our young Yes voters interested and committed to independence will see us through alright one day.

Chin up everyone. I know yesterday was a real sledgehammer to the heart and soul but we can't just mope around feeling sorry for ourselves, they will never silence us !

So how many no voters are regrating what they just did after the whole Devo thing is in trouble already?

Probably a few. I noticed many people walking about afraid to make eye contact, must be the shame.

I did hear one old guy, when asked what he voted by the barmaid, whisper behind his hand, so no one could read his lips, he voted no.

I volunteered to him that you should be ashamed and he scurried away.

Yes shame let them not forget.