Should The Yes Campaign Continue. - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Should The Yes Campaign Continue.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in - aways wanted to be more than just TartanJon's fluffer :ok:

TT

And Mindy, by all accounts!

TT

There needs to be something....1.6 million voters and tens of thousands of politically motivated activists shouldn't just go away.

Especially since the westminster parties will undoubtedly renege on their desperate promises and bribes.

They moved the goal posts. It was supposed to be a two option referendum but in the end we got a loaded three way question.

Vote NO for no change

Vote NO for Devo Max

Vote YES for Independence.

In reality if you wanted no change at all you had no real choice. The calculation was that people who wanted no change and wanted to vote would never vote yes so they would capture them anyway. It worked.

Genius in some ways but morally and ethically abhorrent. Think of all the old dears who voted no before any real Devo Max was on the table and then throw in the promise of greater powers once they have cast the mountain of postal votes they used. I am not sure it was planned but that really does not matter. It was cynical and wrong.

If they do not deliver on the promises made to secure the NO vote I feel no compunction to humour previous promises no to have another vote.

Local SNP councillor wants to get me involved but I'd rather be more radical than SNP and concentrate on Glasgow.Though winning votes from Labour in this district would be epic haha!

I have a local ex-SNP councillor who might be up for it :lol:

I'm in - aways wanted to be more than just TartanJon's fluffer :ok:

TT

Me too TT, me too.

Local SNP councillor wants to get me involved but I'd rather be more radical than SNP and concentrate on Glasgow.Though winning votes from Labour in this district would be epic haha!

I'd imagine it's doable? Possibly just that there's nobody else to vote for in their eyes.

A lot of folk will never vote Tory

Don't see themselves as nationalists

Lib dems had almost become credible before jumping into bed with the Tories

Greens are tree huggers

Which leaves labour.

I hope it does. I'm genuinely ashamed that I didn't get involved earlier (a misplaced loyalty to my uniform). I never even joined the SNP but I rectified that today and I'm determined to be part (a small one, granted) of the regrouping process and to be there from the beginning next time.

I've re-joined the SNP today as well.

The burning issue is how do we capitalise on all those who voted Yes to change and those who voted No on the basis but believe that there will be changes granted by Westminster. Surely we can't just shrug our shoulders and walk away? More than ever surely we need to make our politicians accountable? If I were a leader of a UK political party I would like nothing more than the millions of people who voted for change to quietly slink away - and that is precisely why we mustnt let them off the hook.

The burning issue is how do we capitalise on all those who voted Yes to change and those who voted No on the basis but believe that there will be changes granted by Westminster. Surely we can't just shrug our shoulders and walk away? More than ever surely we need to make our politicians accountable? If I were a leader of a UK political party I would like nothing more than the millions of people who voted for change to quietly slink away - and that is precisely why we mustnt let them off the hook.

Agreed! This is not the time to give up! We have to grasp the moment and make our voices heard, and keep fighting the fight!

Two key issues:holding on to the Labour 'voters' who voted Yes, and also the YES voters who who had never participated in an election before.

Won't be easy with the latter group, given the result and inevitable subsequent disillusionment/disengagement with politics, but if, say, between 1/4 and 1/2 of both groups vote for a pro-independence party in 2016 and 2017, that's enough to make an impact at Westminster and deliver a landslide at Holyrood.