Should The Yes Campaign Continue. - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Should The Yes Campaign Continue.

I think it would be Craig, and with a majority in Holyrood the SNP could call for a re-run any time up to May 2016. It would be difficult for Westminster to agree in that timescale but faced with the threat of a UDI for example they might not have a choice.

We are holding the aces here...

That won't happen. What can happen though is if the SNP say that they stand on a platform of another referendum in the 2016 elections and get a majority then there is a mandate. Or there is a majority of parties that support a referendum as you could count on a good few green seats.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's me just joined the SNP. Mrs Johhnie x is going to join the Green Party.

I read this morning that more people have joined the SSP, SNP and Greens these last few days than the total membership of the 'scottish' labour Party.

If that's true then I'm a very happy man.

Tried for about an hour to join the SNP last night but their members area kept crashing - presumably due to the large numbers attempting the same. Succeeded this morning though!

I promised myself years ago that I would never join a political party, but needs must!

The funny thing is this has fukk all to do with the SNP in a way. They are just the vehicle. Time to get on board.

If just 10% of the angry 45 joined the SNP it would be a huge increase in their ranks and an electrifying charge to the heart of the party. The beginning of the new mandate...

Well that's me just joined the SNP. Mrs Johhnie x is going to join the Green Party.

I read this morning that more people have joined the SSP, SNP and Greens these last few days than the total membership of the 'scottish' labour Party.

are there figures or a story somewhere?

I look forward to the "voters flock to join Yes parties and overtake Labour in Scotland" headlines

There's local Facebook page just been launched in Inverclyde which by the end of day one has over 300 members ready to engage in tactical voting to rid Inverclyde of Labour. I'm still utterly devastated by the return. However I am moved now, more than ever before to see an independent Scotland in my lifetime. I'll be helping as much as I can. (This should be hilarious as I have numerous other commitments ). I don't think we are done yet. All Westmonster have succeeded in doing is awake the sleeping dragon. I have never seen more people in my community engaged in politics - never. I've had a crash course myself the last two years. Now every single day I learn more and a lot of knowledge I have gained from the good folks here. Still with everything to play for, this was one campaign. Please keep the information coming. Everything you share is valuable information.

The genie is out of the bottle now. If any unionists thought a No vote would lead to people just crawling back into their boxes again I think they might be mistaken. If nothing else the referendum has got people interested in politics again.

Personally speaking, although I have always kept an eye on what is going on in the world I was never all that enthused by politics, but the referendum has changed that. I am now itching for the 2015 general election so I can get out there campaigning again!

The genie is out of the bottle now. If any unionists thought a No vote would lead to people just crawling back into their boxes again I think they might be mistaken. If nothing else the referendum has got people interested in politics again.

Personally speaking, although I have always kept an eye on what is going on in the world I was never all that enthused by politics, but the referendum has changed that. I am now itching for the 2015 general election so I can get out there campaigning again!

Best post on this so far imo.

I always expected defeat too many variables for the man in the street to take on.

This is just the start the time is now for independence.

We now need somebody to lead us to the promise land .................

If it's correct that there are approaching 10000 new SNP members already then it goes without saying that they aren't joining to just sit around party conferences for the next 15-20 years. I plan to join today as well, never thought I'd ever join a political party (always voted SNP though as a means to an end).

We need to put pressure on the party and new leadership to consider standing on a platform of committing to hold another referendum (2020?) if returned by the Scottish people in 2016. In the meantime they need to be seen by the electorate to be consulting with businesses, European leaders, economists, etc to nail down the currency question, EU membership issues & roll out someone from DWP to clearly state the facts on pensions for all to see.

The momentum has to be sustained, we have to continually discredit the BBC and the rest of the MSM and promote the alternatives to those around us. Never forget the dirty tactics of those opposing us but learn from them for the next time. Importantly we need to police ourselves better - we need to be seen to be whiter than white as unpalatable as that may seem at the moment. Defaced banners, egg throwing and a bit of jostling are trivial but have been blown out of all proportion by the media to portray the old caricatures of nationalism that turn the nervous and fearful away from our cause.

It's still there for us and it doesn't have to be a lifetime away.

Does anyone have a link of the vote breakdown in each council area? Particularly cumbernauld in NL.

Cheers.

No, but I was out with RIC on Thursday, and spoke to guys who we're trying to get the vote out in Cumbernauld, and they were convinced Cumbernauld would vote Yes