Bye bye Gordon - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bye bye Gordon

Squirrelhumper

54 minutes ago, JamDav1982 said:

Never heard before a manager that constantly goes on about how poor/average the players he has to work with are.

But they are .......... decidedly ordinary

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Just so people get this daft idea out of their head that managers are the sole reason for our failures. Loiok through our team. Hanley and Martin ain't up to it but they are probably the best options we have and both have not even been first team regulars for their clubs (Championship sides) this season. Darren Fletcher is over the hill but who else do you play in there? We have no striker playing at the very top level in league football and most of our side are outwith the EPL.

Fck off with that shyte. 

Half the teams at the euros were worse, but not us. You must love strachans pish. 

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Just so people get this daft idea out of their head that managers are the sole reason for our failures. Loiok through our team. Hanley and Martin ain't up to it but they are probably the best options we have and both have not even been first team regulars for their clubs (Championship sides) this season. Darren Fletcher is over the hill but who else do you play in there? We have no striker playing at the very top level in league football and most of our side are outwith the EPL.

There was no plan to try and win tonight. No pace, no creativity, no threat. A new manager can improve us quite easily, even if it's still not enough to qualify. 

Aye he needs to get to fvck without a doubt. The recurring nightmare I have though is that McGhee will get the gig, I don't think I could handle that at all.:blink: Don't forget, it's the SFA who will be making the decision, so you can rule out anyone with any positive ambition.

2 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Hate the idea of ditching a manager in the middle of a campaign but we're going nowhere in 2018, so we have to find someone.

But will we replace Regan and the other placement who are quite happy with the humiliating decline of Scottish football as long as they can get TV deals and sponsorship income? Will we replace those running the game at youth level - notice that the U21s have just concluded a pretty dreadful campaign.

We need a root and branch restructuring of the SFA but ut isn't going to happen. Strachan might walk. The rest won't.

I'm pessimistic and I don't really see a solution.

We need people running our football who actually care about it. Reagan and Co don't !  We say every campaign we need root and branch restructure , well we won't get it unless those in charge have the incentive to make the change and that incentive should be keeping their highly paid jobs, Personally if i had the wherewithall I'd do the job for feck all , pay me when I've delivered results.   Actually I'm probably a better bet than Reagan and his cronies !! 

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

Fck off with that shyte. 

Half the teams at the euros were worse, but not us. You must love strachans pish. 

Well what shyte is there in that. It is true that we have bombscare defence and no other options and a squad made up of plenty of championship players and not one striker playing regularly in a top league.

Sorry if my views are upsetting people but after such a long prolonged spell of patheticness questions have to be asked - deep questions that go far deeper than incompetent managers. It petrifies me as well that the SFA choose the next manager.

You're a tit you backed every failure. Get a grip you drip. 

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

Sorry if my views are upsetting people but after such a long prolonged spell of patheticness questions have to be asked - deep questions that go far deeper than incompetent managers. It petrifies me as well that the SFA choose the next manager.

No one as far as I can see is saying it is all on the managers and agree the squad is average.

You seem to take the view that no manager could get this squad to a tournament or even do better than Strachan due to the players.

44 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Aren't good enough? Slovakia just brought on a former Ross County player. We've sent a £15 million bundesligaplayer home for being too inexperienced :lol: 

its complete mismagamdnt. 

Fair point. And strange one unless there's something else behind Burke getting sent home. If not, it's defo weird.

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

You're a tit you backed every failure. Get a grip you drip. 

And you are not a tit for seeing how mediocre we are? We have had manager's successful at club and international level as manager and everyone of them have failed to get us to qualify. Is that ALL down to the managers despite them being proven quality managers? Of course not. Look to the core reason - the pool of players available just are not good enough.

3 minutes ago, JamDav1982 said:

You seem to take the view that no manager could get this squad to a tournament or even do better than Strachan due to the players.

Yes I do hold that view. It comes with the territory of several failed managers (a lot with pedigree as club and international managers) and they all failed.

1 minute ago, fringo said:

Fair point. And strange one unless there's something else behind Burke getting sent home. If not, it's defo weird.

I was working so only caught 2nd half and none of the pre match so he was sent home? As in flown home? Or is that some curry powder added and he simply wasn't selected??

And you are not a tit for seeing how mediocre we are? We have had manager's successful at club and international level as manager and everyone of them have failed to get us to qualify. Is that ALL down to the managers despite them being proven quality managers? Of course not. Look to the core reason - the pool of players available just are not good enough.

Ok, so keep Strachan, keep Levein. Never sack anyone, never aspire. Sad. 

Poorer pools of players have qualified for tournaments under better managers.

People accept the squad is average. 

You keep arguing against things people are not even saying.

33 minutes ago, Handsome22Devil said:

What makes you say that? 

Not that I think Strachan should stay, his time is clearly up but at least from summer 2013 to summer 2015 he provided some decent performances and some hope. That alone puts him streets ahead of Levein and Burley. 

After 20 years of being utter rank with only the briefest of pauses, it's not one coach here or there that's the problem.

We'll no doubt roll the dice before or after Wembley but no one in their right mind should trust the SFA to get it right and even if, by some miracle, they do find a good coach then the structure and players will ensure we're not at Russia and quite frankly with a seeding so bad 2020 will be a massive challenge.

It reminds of the brilliant gag from the West Wing, two folk are lost at sea on a boat, the pessimist says things can't get any worse, the optimist replies oh yes they can...

Good post.

Guest faircity

Okay keep it simple. Do we have a pool of players that are good enough to beat Lithuania?

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Craig,  you're a pathetic defeatist happy with a dire score. It's sad, be a man for once. 

FFS I have said plenty of times tonight Strachan must go and I will say it again - STRACHAN MUST GO. However, it will change nothing as things stand - the quality of players just are not good enough.