Threads on here going beyond a joke - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Threads on here going beyond a joke

washboarder

I have been posting on TAMB for over twelve years now, sharing information and getting information from a site where fans try to help each other. ie: games info team news, items for sale travel and many more very positive things. Recentley some of the posts have become personal between fellow members which is not doing this site any favours, it has become a divided board which  i feel that i do not want to be part of unless it can be sorted for the genuine  fans who in some cases depend on the updated information. Years ago we were given bans, and the mods did exactly what they had given up their time to do ie moderate this board. In 2006 i was given a 5 day ban for persistantly asking if anyone had any tickets available for a game whereas now you seem to be able to say anything and get away with it, The mods have to realise our young members have access to the board and  persons posting whatever they want without any scruitinising the content. It is a shame that i have had to post this as i used to come on here alot, get a laugh , meet new fans. who i later met up with on trips away. MODS if you think my post is not for the good of this Site feel free to pull the plug on it, however i think many people on Tamb would agree with me. Thanks for your time hopefully we can get the board back on track.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 10:28 PM, washboarder said:

I have been posting on TAMB for over twelve years now, sharing information and getting information from a site where fans try to help each other. ie: games info team news, items for sale travel and many more very positive things. Recentley some of the posts have become personal between fellow members which is not doing this site any favours, it has become a divided board which  i feel that i do not want to be part of unless it can be sorted for the genuine  fans who in some cases depend on the updated information. Years ago we were given bans, and the mods did exactly what they had given up their time to do ie moderate this board. In 2006 i was given a 5 day ban for persistantly asking if anyone had any tickets available for a game whereas now you seem to be able to say anything and get away with it, The mods have to realise our young members have access to the board and  persons posting whatever they want without any scruitinising the content. It is a shame that i have had to post this as i used to come on here alot, get a laugh , meet new fans. who i later met up with on trips away. MODS if you think my post is not for the good of this Site feel free to pull the plug on it, however i think many people on Tamb would agree with me. Thanks for your time hopefully we can get the board back on track.

Quality rant.

What we really need is a moderator to rule the board with an iron fist. Who'll put up with no bullshite from anyone. Who'll sue the ass off of anyone who questions him. 

If only there was such a savior out there to revive the TAMB. 

17 minutes ago, Parklife said:

What we really need is a moderator to rule the board with an iron fist. Who'll put up with no bullshite from anyone. Who'll sue the ass off of anyone who questions him. 

Rab McD, this is your hour. Your country needs you!

49 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You aint seen me...rwight?

11 hours ago, Parklife said:

:lol:

20 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

?  I really wish i could make my smiley face wobble.

Wobble this way :lol:

Or wobble that way :rollsmile:

20 hours ago, Parklife said:

You're pushing it now laddie :lol:

I think Jock has made a very sincere and valid post.

The board used to be a laugh a minute and weekend drunken non-abusive posts were top quality reading at the time or the next day.

There is far too much personal abuse now.

Dont like a comment or thread, don't post on it and save another pointless internet argument. 

Too many keyboard warriors and wind up merchants.

I recommend Ormond as a mod :ok: 

How is wobble these days, we will never forget him.

personally I think the mods have just changed tactic from heavily modded to much less modded. Like a lot less. I think the benfits of this strategy far outweigh the costs for everyone.  But it is rougher for sure.

5 minutes ago, thplinth said:

How is wobble these days, we will never forget him.

personally I think the mods have just changed tactic from heavily modded to much less modded. Like a lot less. I think the benfits of this strategy far outweigh the costs for everyone.  But it is rougher for sure.

If you mean Wibble, then he is fine thanks.

I have started a petition to be sent to Parliament to review the sentence and ask for mercy.