Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 67 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

4 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Its not ridiculous RB,  its correct. and I have stated it before on here. I would not go and sit and listen to supporters of my club sing sectarian songs on a regular basis. sorry if you find it rediculous but that's maybe what makes you different from me.

we have all admitted that every clubs support has idiots in it which can spoil the experience at times but the bigoted stuff is on a different level I am afraid.

Did you really read my post?

The songs you are speaking about are not sung on a regular basis at Ibrox. Sadly the idiot song book only comes out for the big games with the most people watching. 

You seem to think that because I support my team despite the half wits that makes me less than you. I find that basically nonsense. If your team had some bigots singing you'd stop going would you, really? 

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Did you really read my post?

The songs you are speaking about are not sung on a regular basis at Ibrox. Sadly the idiot song book only comes out for the big games with the most people watching. 

You seem to think that because I support my team despite the half wits that makes me less than you. I find that basically nonsense. If your team had some bigots singing you'd stop going would you, really? 

eh? show me where I said you were in any way less than me? this makes what you wrote afterwards nonsense.

regular sectarian singing? bigoted hatred? yup.

4 hours ago, Fermer said:

Pish son.  Bigotry does exist.  I and fellow rangers guys on here wish it didnt.  But it does and for over 300 years.  That's why Scotland is a Protestant country my friend.  But in this day and age I think everyone on here says it shouldnt be brought in to football.  But it does.  Making excuses?  No the guys on here.  Just relating reality.  And if you think things will change overnight then dream on kid.

Scotland is a Protestant country? Ffs no wonder we have so many issues with racism and bigotry,people stil believe in the whole WATP shite. I hate this pisn. Why cant folk just speak to someone and think they are a w*nk or not without religion or creed or colour. me religion is the biggest pile of shite in the world

Edited by Kirk

9 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Scotland is a Protestant country? Ffs no wonder we have so many issues with racism and bigotry,people stil believe in the whole WATP shite. I hate this pisn. Why cant folk just speak to someone and think they are a w*nk or not without religion or creed or colour. me religion is the biggest pile of shite in the world

Look on encyclopedia and see what religion italy is.  It's Catholic.  Does someone stating that fact make them a bigot?  What is Scotland then Kirk?  Non Demonational?  I wish with all my heart it was.  But it aint, it is still classed as is UK as protestant. Or am I wrong here?  Tell me otherwise and I will apologise.  FFS going in to other realms here but I suppose they relevant.  Listen, I care for neither creed nor colour or religion of any human.  But we have to face facts before we can improve something.  Ignoring them and saying naah its no will not help.  As far as I know not anyone on this board is a bigot and never will be.  We are all singing from the same hymn book if you pardon the pun!!!  Anyway, letting the neds win is not an option and rangers and spfl/sfa have to do something.  How about demotion to division 3?/x

1 hour ago, neilly71 said:

Smaller rolls? my kids RC primary school in Cambuslang is bursting at the seams, the secondary i went to had the highest amount of pupils of any school in Scotland.

Piss poor arguments.

Obviously the suggestions put forward are anecdotal, as are yours, but you haven't really made any argument for or offered any benefits, educationally or socially for separating kids on religious lines from the age of 4 or 5.

Is there any?

I'm not being facetious, and certainly not a pop at you or Catholics, but I don't understand the need to be taught separately.

why not just have "schools"?

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The RC school i went to had a higher roll that the two non demominational ones nearby and also shat all over both in terms of results.

For the record, there were plenty of non Catholics in my school too. 

As for going to Chapels/Church's for their services, fair enough. I'd also make the OO pay 100% of the policing costs it takes to police the scumbags that follow their 100s of daft wee marches every summer and cause far more sectarian divide than sending kids to a certain school. 

I'd say 50% of my friends from home when to a different school than me, it only creates a divide if the parents let it and that is the case on all sides. 

I went to the local Rc high school for one of my 6th year maths papers. I had to wait outside until the morning assembly was finished as it was essentially a religious service. 

You're right too in the respect that parents are responsible for a lot. It's just harder to convince kids that they shouldn't play with another child if that kids at a different school. If they play together every day at school then you won't be able to manipulate them quite so easily. 

I don't get why the OO isn't made to pay its way. 

21 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Obviously the suggestions put forward are anecdotal, as are yours, but you haven't really made any argument for or offered any benefits, educationally or socially for separating kids on religious lines from the age of 4 or 5.

Is there any?

I'm not being facetious, and certainly not a pop at you or Catholics, but I don't understand the need to be taught separately.

You've made my point far better than I did. Religion has no place in a school other than as a subject of academic study. Preferably as part of history. 

50 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

eh? show me where I said you were in any way less than me? this makes what you wrote afterwards nonsense.

regular sectarian singing? bigoted hatred? yup.

Sorry if it's not what you meant but it was how it came across. 

So you'd let the bigots win then? Sorry but not my style.

And to be honest in the last 10 years I've had more hassle and heard more racist songs at Scotland games than I've seen or heard at Ibrox.

I'm not excusing it at all, as folk should be able to behave at all times. And as has been said I'd support any initiative the authorities want to try such as points deduction. Problem is the authorities aren't doing anything. They are putting their Teflon shoulder pads on and passing the buck to the clubs. 

What do you think the clubs can do that would have an impact long term and effectively?  Banning doesn't work as folk on here have attested to.

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

And to be honest in the last 10 years I've had more hassle and heard more racist songs at Scotland games than I've seen or heard at Ibrox.

:lol: 

2 hours ago, giblet said:

looks like it was deleted! :lol:

However, it was captured for posterity.

http://talkingbaws.com/2016/06/rangers-fan-meets-jason-cummings-in-ibiza-throws-him-in-pool/

That's pathetic. Cummings is actually being more than accommodating by interrupting his holiday and gets that pish from total moron.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Not sure why you think that's funny.

It's a fact. But it doesn't excuse idiots, bigots and racists from any support.

Because it's about England,or an Englishman being a poof,so that's ok. 

It's just banter. 

Apparently. 

Guest BlueGaz
19 hours ago, ShedTA said:
17 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

When you say the issue is not as bad as it was, I think you mean its not as consistent as it was. There are still occasions but they seem to be few and far between in comparison to 20 years ago.

That was the point.  But if its not as often/consistent, then its not as bad as it was and although still too often, its getting better.  Unfortunately vs Celtic does bring out the worse.

But that doesn't mean its an excuse, trying to cover up, typical Rangers fan and all the other bandwagon shite being spouted.  It was simply trying to inform an uninformed poster that its not 5 times a game anymore.  It is a lot less consistent and hopefully will continue on that path.

21 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

The Celtic Rangers League Cup semi in 2015 was as bad as anything I can remember from Rangers in 20-25+ years. And it wasn't a small minority that day. First time I can remember No Pope Of Rome being sung in a ground in many a year. I suppose in part it was an act of defiance to what was happening on the pitch that day. By contrast the semi final this year didn't seem to have anywhere near the level of songs that came out in 2015....again possibly due to what was happening on the pitch.

When you say the issue is not as bad as it was, I think you mean its not as consistent as it was. There are still occasions but they seem to be few and far between in comparison to 20 years ago.

As I have said DB, it's not going to change overnight.  Anyway on a side note I had a pint in Louis Browns yesterday afternoon.  Nice place and prices not too bad.  First time i've been there.  No spoiled for choice here right enough!!

19 hours ago, Fermer said:

Look on encyclopedia and see what religion italy is.  It's Catholic.  Does someone stating that fact make them a bigot?  What is Scotland then Kirk?  Non Demonational?  I wish with all my heart it was.  But it aint, it is still classed as is UK as protestant. Or am I wrong here?  Tell me otherwise and I will apologise.  FFS going in to other realms here but I suppose they relevant.  Listen, I care for neither creed nor colour or religion of any human.  But we have to face facts before we can improve something.  Ignoring them and saying naah its no will not help.  As far as I know not anyone on this board is a bigot and never will be.  We are all singing from the same hymn book if you pardon the pun!!!  Anyway, letting the neds win is not an option and rangers and spfl/sfa have to do something.  How about demotion to division 3?/x

I read wiki just to see, comes down as christian with 12% members of the protestant church of scotland and 19% catholic.......youve played a blinder there.

My point is as long as people believe this country is this or that then we will always have these issues.

taly doesnt have celtic rangers catholic protestant divide. It is drilled into kids hre from a young age and that is the problem. Its a ####ed up country. Take a 5 year old to ibrox and let him sing about fenians, great idea. And the same on the opposite side singing about the IRA etc.

19 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Is there any?

This is exactly right. Religion shouldnt be specified by a school but taught as a subject to allow kids to understand and not hate. We are all people.......not the peeeepul

2 minutes ago, Kirk said:

I read wiki just to see, comes down as christian with 12% members of the protestant church of scotland and 19% catholic.......youve played a blinder there.

My point is as long as people believe this country is this or that then we will always have these issues.

taly doesnt have celtic rangers catholic protestant divide. It is drilled into kids hre from a young age and that is the problem. Its a ####ed up country. Take a 5 year old to ibrox and let him sing about fenians, great idea. And the same on the opposite side singing about the IRA etc.

This is exactly right. Religion shouldnt be specified by a school but taught as a subject to allow kids to understand and not hate. We are all people.......not the peeeepul

Wiki???  Ask any university or college and you dont get to reference them.  So 12% and 19%.  What makes up the rest?  Just because you dont go to church doesnt make you a non-believer.  And from someone called Kirk thats ironic!!!  Only kidding mate.  Scotland then is 'perceived' to be still mainly protestant and I think it is just through experience.  But that's not the point.  We live in a country where there are divides and have to realise that.  Or do we want to live in the land of milk and honey where everyone is the same.  Facts are chiels that dinna whing.  I dont give a flying feck about religion but would like to see it stamped from singing at football. That's all.  But I do like to hear other peoples views on Scotland and it's load.  Maybe we could all contribute to a book on it.  Many good comments.  Us poor Gers supporters on here always get the brunt of it and feel we have to guard.  Sorry wrong word, might be taken out of context.

8 minutes ago, Fermer said:

Wiki???  Ask any university or college and you dont get to reference them.  So 12% and 19%.  What makes up the rest?  Just because you dont go to church doesnt make you a non-believer.  And from someone called Kirk thats ironic!!!  Only kidding mate.  Scotland then is 'perceived' to be still mainly protestant and I think it is just through experience.  But that's not the point.  We live in a country where there are divides and have to realise that.  Or do we want to live in the land of milk and honey where everyone is the same.  Facts are chiels that dinna whing.  I dont give a flying feck about religion but would like to see it stamped from singing at football. That's all.  But I do like to hear other peoples views on Scotland and it's load.  Maybe we could all contribute to a book on it.  Many good comments.  Us poor Gers supporters on here always get the brunt of it and feel we have to guard.  Sorry wrong word, might be taken out of context.

Sorry cut and paste a bit fecked up.  Statistics from Google.  42.4% CoS.  Trying to play a blinder again.  What a comeback!!!  Google v Wiki. Remember 47% of statistics are made up Kirkie boy.

Statistics
Current religion 2001
Number %
Church of Scotland 2,146,251 42.4
Roman Catholic 803,732 15.9
Other Christian 344,562