New kit thread 16/17 - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New kit thread 16/17

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Kirk said:

Horrific. As someone has said dont with the stripes. 

They've no always had stripes though. They've had horizontals as well as a plain white top in the past.

I'd be more concerned at using the orange to keep the sponsors happy ?

And then there's the swapping of the striped home top to parade the Scottish Cup in plain white Sports Division t-shirts in 97......... 

Edited by McTeeko

13 hours ago, McTeeko said:

They've no always had stripes though. They've had horizontals as well as a plain white top in the past.

Need to check back but I think Killie have played for more seasons in hoops than stripes...

16 hours ago, Kirk said:

Is that all thats left of the squad after clearout :lol:

2 of the guys in the picture (Slater and McKenzie) have left :lol: 

On 01/06/2016 at 11:25 PM, McTeeko said:

I'd be more concerned at using the orange to keep the sponsors happy ?

And then there's the swapping of the striped home top to parade the Scottish Cup in plain white Sports Division t-shirts in 97......... 

Haha knew this was coming bsck to me. The stripes arw their current and I like them full. Its like a reversal of the barca top from a few years back wheb the fade was at the bottom

4 hours ago, Kirk said:

Haha knew this was coming bsck to me. The stripes arw their current and I like them full. Its like a reversal of the barca top from a few years back wheb the fade was at the bottom

Speaking of Barca, their new strip is a cracker! Bought it for the wee man yesterday. Back to the vertical stripes, the blue is a lot brighter than recent tops but more importantly they're selling the new top minus a sponsor on the chest. They've still to agree terms with Qatar Airways or anyone else so you can get it now without any hideous branding ??

(Topic for another time though - £40 for a top for 7-8 years old?!? ?. If I hadn't promised him it it would have been put straight back)

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2016/01/barcelona-16-17-home-kit.html?m=1

25 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Speaking of Barca, their new strip is a cracker! Bought it for the wee man yesterday. Back to the vertical stripes, the blue is a lot brighter than recent tops but more importantly they're selling the new top minus a sponsor on the chest. They've still to agree terms with Qatar Airways or anyone else so you can get it now without any hideous branding ??

(Topic for another time though - £40 for a top for 7-8 years old?!? ?. If I hadn't promised him it it would have been put straight back)

That is a beast, very like one of the ones I had when I was about 16/17 so 9/10 years ago when Henrik was there

2 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Aye, that's a beaut!

Barca shirts should never have sponsors on them.

J

3 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Lucky you. 

Aberdeen are 2 kits a season and to get the full strip and name on the back is near on a ton each. 

21 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Lucky you. 

Aberdeen are 2 kits a season and to get the full strip and name on the back is near on a ton each. 

Aye fair point - I never even gave him the option of a name/number. Brutal pricing but when it's for your laddies and you know they'll love wearing them you pay it. 

11 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Aye fair point - I never even gave him the option of a name/number. Brutal pricing but when it's for your laddies and you know they'll love wearing them you pay it. 

I know. 

I remmeber the feeling of getting a new kit at that age,makes it all the harder to say no to. 

I'm fortunate enough that I can manage to get them for him,generally it's one in summer and one for xmas,but it must be a horrible feeling not being able to get one for your child because of the scandalous prices of them. 

The historic football kits website has a daily updated page on next seasons kits

Scotland

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/season/2016-2017/2016-2017.html

England 

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/English_Football_League/season/2016-2017/2016-2017.html

Crystal Palace and Middlesbrough's kits are fecking awful. Bradford City's kit is :wacko:

23 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

The historic football kits website has a daily updated page on next seasons kits

Scotland

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/season/2016-2017/2016-2017.html

England 

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/English_Football_League/season/2016-2017/2016-2017.html

Crystal Palace and Middlesbrough's kits are fecking awful. Bradford City's kit is :wacko:

Bradford is the same as Lochgilphead Red Star, except theirs is red and blue. 

1 hour ago, Bristolhibby said:

Went and had a look at the new France one yesterday. 60 sheets!

When did jerseys go from an outrageous £40 to a scandalous £60?

It's brutal huh? And Nike do a stadium kit (£60) and a match kit (£90). WTF is THAT all about?!? ?

10 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Went and had a look at the new France one yesterday. 60 sheets!

When did jerseys go from an outrageous £40 to a scandalous £60?

As long as mugs pay it then they can charge it.

33 minutes ago, flicktokick said:

That could be the motto of British football. Anyhoo here's the new Hearts shirt.

New-Hearts-Strip-2016-17.jpg

Fckin hell thats just this years top with a round collar and a white strip missing.

That takes ripping the piss to a new level. It's like the Emperors New Clothes.

Priced "frozen" from last year though. Nae bother then 45 notes for a tshirt? I'll have two.

Edited by neil r