Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 36 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

3 hours ago, AberdeenAngus said:

Willo Flood (permanent) and Cammy Smith  (loan) to Dundee Utd by the end of the week apparently.

Would imagine that can only mean at least 1 arrival at Pittodrie. 

I always feel a bit sorry for Cammy. Strikes me that there's a really hard-working, decent player in there.....it's just that he's caught in the middle of somewhere of Aberdeen's long 'midfielders that don't really do anything' list.

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

I always feel a bit sorry for Cammy. Strikes me that there's a really hard-working, decent player in there.....it's just that he's caught in the middle of somewhere of Aberdeen's long 'midfielders that don't really do anything' list.

I agree and think he's had a bit of a tough time in terms of opportunity. Certainly a decent player and has way more heart than the incumbent "no. 10".   Glad he's going on loan though. Needs to be playing. 

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

6 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I agree and think he's had a bit of a tough time in terms of opportunity. Certainly a decent player and has way more heart than the incumbent "no. 10".   Glad he's going on loan though. Needs to be playing. 

Agree with both of these, excluding the "don't really do anything" bit. I think if given a role behind the central striker Smith would prove himself. He has a willingness to carry the ball and take opponents on, get beyond the striker and is not afraid to have a pop at goal. 

I think in 6 months time Adam will be thrilled that Utd have loaned Smith ;) 

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think in 6 months time Adam will be thrilled that Utd have loaned Smith ;) 

It's got nothing to do with how good he is.  I just don't think we should be borrowing players from Aberdeen, no matter how dire our straits.  Same goes for loaning from Hearts, Dundee and, if I had my way, Celtic and Rangers.  In fact, I don't like loans in general, but this type is just horrible.

I imagine you'd feel the same if the situation were reversed.

9 minutes ago, adamntg said:

It's got nothing to do with how good he is.  I just don't think we should be borrowing players from Aberdeen, no matter how dire our straits.  Same goes for loaning from Hearts, Dundee and, if I had my way, Celtic and Rangers.  In fact, I don't like loans in general, but this type is just horrible.

Yeah, i was just teasing, hence the winking face. 

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

In general I'd agree, but then I remember that one season we managed to loan Ricky Foster to Rangers.

:lol:

1 hour ago, deecie said:

In general I'd agree, but then I remember that one season we managed to loan Ricky Foster to Rangers.

:lol:

I was about to "fold" there then realised you got Andrius Velicka in return  :lol:

However I'll trump that with Calamity Bell to Dundee Utd which isn't even a loan  :lol:

1 minute ago, silverbear said:

I was about to "fold" there then realised you got Andrius Velicka in return  :lol:

However I'll trump that with Calamity Bell to Dundee Utd which isn't even a loan  :lol:

Is Cammy Bell that bad?

Barring "that" fresh air punch in the play off final, did he do a lot wrong at Rangers?

Seemed steady enough at killie, and got Championship experience...

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Is Cammy Bell that bad?

Barring "that" fresh air punch in the play off final, did he do a lot wrong at Rangers?

I think Bell gets a bit of a rough deal from Rangers fans.

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Is Cammy Bell that bad?

I always thought he was a pretty good keeper.  It wasn't that long ago he was in the national set up and being linked with a move to West Ham (not sure how much truth there was in that mind).