EU Referendum - Page 35 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tony Calvin - betfair and horsey guru has said that 1.08 on Betfair means that it is no done deal

He would also not be surprised if a very small amount of traders are responsible for 50% of traded volume on the referendum betting market

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

IoM is a crown dependency, Gibraltar is a territory of the UK, although other territories havent received the vote. This will directly impact Gibraltar, but not other territories though.

l see thank you sir did not know that 

Several Tory MPs including Boris have signed a letter addressed to Cameron saying that he must stay on regardless of the result suggesting that the Boris as PM scarefest was just that

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Several Tory MPs including Boris have signed a letter addressed to Cameron saying that he must stay on regardless of the result suggesting that the Boris as PM scarefest was just that

They're already defending their own positions after Remain win. 

Let's hope that this rips the Tories apart.

9 minutes ago, Alan said:

Please let it be 55% Remain.

I was thinking earlier, if Leave only get anywhere near as low as 45% it will show just how far the Yes side came, against much greater odds. Given the Leave side had all the advantages of pro-UK coverage, cabinet ministers, half the newspapers, etc., to get only 45% would be poor by comparison

And if Scotland votes more than 55% remain, it means Scotland likes the good old multinational EU more than the dear old UK??

Edited by exile

1 minute ago, exile said:

I was thinking earlier, if Leave only get anywhere near as low as 45% it will show just how far the Yes side came, against much greater odds. Given the Leave side had all the advantages of pro-UK coverage, cabinet ministers, half the newspapers, etc., to get only 45% would be poor by comparison

And if Scotland votes more than 55% remain, it means Scotland likes the good old multinational EU full of 'foreigners' more than the dear old UK??

Once the dust settles from this shambles...and presuming we are still in the EU....I can see this having an influence on Scotland's future. 

Forced into a referendum that we didn't want, a pro-EU Scotland has almost become victim to the uber right-wing zealots in the Tory party and their shameful racist ideology.

Better together, eh ? Let people remember where that almost got us (presuming that Remain win).

I might be talking cack but the vibes are that this is really close and Leave has a chance

There has been a slight drift for remain on Betfair and the early cockyness that Remain has won has left the TV studios

Also

Latest indication of #EURefEURef_emoji.png result in Highland: 53% IN - 47% OUT. Very close. Turnout appears reasonably high. #EUReferendum

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I might be talking cack but the vibes are that this is really close and Leave has a chance

There has been a slight drift for remain on Betfair and the early cockyness that Remain has won has left the TV studios

Also

Latest indication of #EURefEURef_emoji.png result in Highland: 53% IN - 47% OUT. Very close. Turnout appears reasonably high. #EUReferendum

Betfair are giving 1/12 on Remain. 

They were 1/9 about an hour ago. 

31 minutes ago, exile said:

And if Scotland votes more than 55% remain, it means Scotland likes the good old multinational EU more than the dear old UK??

I'm not sure that's a good thing. In fact I'm pretty certain it's not.

13 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Betfair are giving 1/12 on Remain. 

They were 1/9 about an hour ago. 

12 minutes ago, thorbotnic said:

Yes I'm not sure what odds he's looking at

Betfair odds are different

1.1 is 1/10

1.12 is 1/8

Just now, Toepoke said:

First turnouts announced below 70%, that's probably good news for Leave...

About 70% was what the remain lot thought was their optimum turnout for a Remain win. Pesto just said so on STV, so it must be right.