Squad Vs Denmark - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad Vs Denmark

Fraser19

I thing Gordon may experiment with two strikers in a 352 formation for this game.... Thoughts?

Gordon 

Cooper  Hanley  Mulgrew 

Ritchie     Brown  Bridcutt       Anya        

Maloney 

Fletcher    Griffiths  

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he gives the following a decent amount of time on the pitch; Bain, Caddis, Cooper, Tierney, Bridcutt, Murphy, McGinn - really hoping Cooper plays a full game and offers us another option at CB.

I am also keen to see how Griffiths performs this time around, wasn't sure he was ready last time I saw him start for Scotland at Hampden, (think it was Belgium?) but he has improved a lot in the last 2 seasons in the games I've seen him in.

Thought Strachan was very good with his subs in Prague, and with the Denmark squad being the slightly more experimental looking of his two squads that he picked, think we will see a lot of new faces tonight (and maybe some fresh idea's)

I really doubt we will see a different formation, he is more interested in seeing how any new players would fit into his 4-2-3-1 Plan A I think.

Think it will be something like this to start:

----------------- Gordon

Caddis -- Hanley -- Mulgrew -- Tierney

------------ Broon -- Bridcutt

Ritchie --------- Maloney --------- Anya

--------------- Griffiths

32 minutes ago, runningtings said:

I really doubt we will see a different formation, he is more interested in seeing how any new players would fit into his 4-2-3-1 Plan A I think.

Think it will be something like this to start:

----------------- Gordon

Caddis -- Hanley -- Mulgrew -- Tierney

------------ Broon -- Bridcutt

Ritchie --------- Maloney --------- Anya

--------------- Griffiths

That's a cracking team to play if it was an actual qualifier.

I would have experimented a bit more but then I'm not the National manager.

Christian Erickson (sure I've riddled his name with typos) was interviewed by Radio Scotland and it was embarrassing for us as he struggled to name our players. All he could say was "the 2 Fletchers". Our players are average and not respected.

34 minutes ago, TartanDave said:

Seeing on twitter, Gordon,Whitaker, Greer, Hanley Tierney mulgrew brown ritchie fletcher Anya     griffiths. I struggle to see a benefit in playing Greer but hey ho!

Edited as was wrong

Edited by TartanDave

45 minutes ago, Alan said:

Christian Erickson (sure I've riddled his name with typos) was interviewed by Radio Scotland and it was embarrassing for us as he struggled to name our players. All he could say was "the 2 Fletchers". Our players are average and not respected.

It always annoys me when players come out with that garbage about not knowing who the opposition players are.  It's probably an attempt at mind games but if I were a player, I'd lap that up as it looks like the opposition haven't prepared properly.

5 minutes ago, fringo said:

On Reporting Scotand they had Maloney in the team I think (possibly instead of Anya) ?

Late, late change ?

Al Sutherland had Maloney and Mcginn starting rather than Anya and Mulgrew, think that's where radio scotland and myself got initial teams from

1 hour ago, Alan said:

He's right though.

Saying that, how many Danes can you or average football fans name?