David Bowie Deid - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

David Bowie Deid

You worked with David Bowie? ###### sake. My claim to fame is that I once worked with one of the Devines.

When Placebo started working with him....... think they did a song for a late 90's movie soundtrack, covered T-Rex 20th Century Boy at the Brits and rerecorded "without you I am nothing" as a duet.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was meant to see him at T in the park, but he pulled out after a freak accident - got a lippy pop stuck in his eye apparently.

He had a heart attack before TiTP which resulted in him becoming something of a recluse in the 00's.... his odd colored eyes are the result of a fight he got into as a kid at school or something like that.

Isn't his ex-Mrs on Big Brother just now?

didnt know he was ill. didnt listen to all his stuff - particularly his more recent work but he was a one off talent - no doubt about it. his older stuff formed part of the soundtrack to my growing up - sistr used to play a lot of it. I guess they all have to go at some point but i didnt expect bowie to be gone so soon. quite sad.

Aside from the cancer, he had 8 heart-attacks. Wee Lorraine Kelly's just aboot greetin.

People forget he was a cracking actor too.

As Wanderer says, his ex (Angie) is on Big Brother at the moment.

RIP D. Jones.

Cracked actor?

I don't think he was much of a thespian, although I think he might have been good in one film (can't remember which!).

While he made some groundbreaking and brilliant records he spawned a number of poor imitators.

Edited by Charlie Endell

He had a heart attack before TiTP which resulted in him becoming something of a recluse in the 00's.... his odd colored eyes are the result of a fight he got into as a kid at school or something like that.

Isn't his ex-Mrs on Big Brother just now?

There's no shame in admitting you watch CBB!

Can't say I was a massive fan though do like a few of his songs.

Cracked actor?

I don't think he was much of a thespian, although I think he might have been good in one film (can't remember which!).

While he made some groundbreaking and brilliant records he spawned a number of poor imitators.

I mind seeing him playing a prisoner of war in some film, and he was excellent (in saying that, I'm no Barry Norman).

Cracked actor?

"Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence"?

He provided the sound track to a lot of my early psychedelic binges. Although i didn't know it was him at the time, that major tom album and dark side of the moon feature heavily in my recollections.

A mate of mine is currently going through a psychedelic phase, it's done absolute wonders for his temper.

Edited by Scunnered

A mate of mine is currently going through a psychedelic phase, it's done absolutely wonders for his temper.

Well it gives you the perspective from others inside your own head, and once you realise what you sound like you normally change :)

Doing a lot of work on addictions etc with it as well. It's been well over a decade for me. I maybe need re calibrated.

Hunky Dory is probably in my top 5 albums of all time, possibly top 3. Classics like Changes and Life on Mars as well as lesser known songs like Quicksand, Kooks, Andy Warhol and Song for Bob Dylan. It really is close to being the perfect album.

Scary Monsters was my introduction to Bowie, the first side of that remains immense....ashes to ashes, fashion, its no game, up the hill backwards, Scary Monsters.. brill.......

i think i will go an put it on now...

Hunky Dory and Ziggy , brilliant.

Young Americans was a great wee song as well

after SM&SC, not really that innovative , a wee bit Poppy.

although I loved China Girl/Lets Dance at the time....

Has he had a Solo no1?

Just remembered Ashes to Ashes was..

Space Oddity?

Think Lazarus will be next week.

Edited by stocky