David Bowie Deid - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

David Bowie Deid

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy Sloan told a story the other day from when he was playing the Barras in the 90s. It was a nice day so him and Iman walked it down from One Devonshire Gardens to sit on the hill in Kelvingrove Park with some ice creams. Billy had interviewed him at the gig and Bowie told him he'd admired the architecture on his walk. A few days later Billy was talking to his pal from the West End who said "I was looking out the window the other day and there was a guy who was David Bowie's double staring up at the tenement roof"

:-))

Aye, UKaye Adams has been telling anyone who'd listen she saw him walking down Hyndland Road.

Sat up last night watching the Five Years documentary on the iPlayer. Well worth a look. Ridiculous to imagine such an avant garde artist ending up playing stadiums around the globe...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0214tj1/david-bowie-five-years

Yeah, well worth watching.

I also thought this was excellent - Mark Radcliffe on 6Music

Blackstar is a superb album - sad, but I probably wouldn't have paid it any attention if he hadn't passed away.

I'm holding out hoping that HMV restocks the vinyl edition before I head back to Osaka next week.

I'm giving Station to Station some regular rotation - can't believe I overlooked this.

Never got that one either, I think probably because I had half of it on a compilation.

Aladdin Sane is the album I missed out on that's been discovered since last week. Lady Grinning Soul, what a tune!

Never got that one either, I think probably because I had half of it on a compilation.

Aladdin Sane is the album I missed out on that's been discovered since last week. Lady Grinning Soul, what a tune!

I think I read a quarter of the albums in the current top 40 are by Bowie (studio albums and a compilations).

That could be the one Donny.

Pretty sure it is. It was made by Alan Yentob during Bowie's Diamond Dogs US tour when he was shifting to Philly Soul and weighing just under next to nowt. I think it was Omnibus rather than Arena in those days, though Yentob went on to produce Arena.