F*** Christmas - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bought everything online, apart from a wee trip to Kinnaird Park (which wasn't that busy).

Christmas food shopping - buy it every year at the beginning of December and put in for delivery on 22nd or 23rd. Was delivered last night (delivery cost £1) and five minutes after the guy had chapped my door everything was stored away. And there were no missing items or alternates.

Feckin smart erse!! :-)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

silverburn? You guys are lucky. This year we are doing home made Christmas. Basically spending a week of our lives making stuff that would be far more efficient getting some Chinese gadgie to make in a factory. The personal touch. But you know it has gone too far when the missus is making her own wrapping paper. Can't wait for the weekend, might start feeling like a holiday then.

silverburn? You guys are lucky. This year we are doing home made Christmas. Basically spending a week of our lives making stuff that would be far more efficient getting some Chinese gadgie to make in a factory. The personal touch. But you know it has gone too far when the missus is making her own wrapping paper. Can't wait for the weekend, might start feeling like a holiday then.

As if I couldn't fall in love with Bob anymore :wub:

I gave up xmas about 20 years ago. You should give it a go. After a while you wont miss it in the slightest. It takes some folk a couple of years to get it through there thick skulls, that they aren't getting any xmas presents but eventually they get the message. I used to hate xmas with a vengeance but now I hardly notice it. Of course, it's maybe easier if your not a christian?

I don't buy chrimbo pish either. It's a fukkin waste of money.

Cards are the biggest rip-off ever. Any chrimbo cards I get never get opened. Load of pish

Im having a bargain tesco meal for xmas day

Venison Shepherds pie...it wasn't dear...

Totally agree with Flora - unless you have young kids who can see it as a magic time - its otherwise a load of crap. Them fukkin xmas songs do ma heid in - especially when its the ones by the kiddy fiddler. here kitty kitty.

Xmas day itself is even more pish with no sport - shyte tv - just waiting for boxing day and some decent racing and football.

Totally agree with Flora - unless you have young kids who can see it as a magic time - its otherwise a load of crap. Them fukkin xmas songs do ma heid in - especially when its the ones by the kiddy fiddler. here kitty kitty.

Xmas day itself is even more pish with no sport - shyte tv - just waiting for boxing day and some decent racing and football.

Last year i remember having a bet on cricket while making xmas dinner. More cricket this year and the NBA is on at 5pm.

The sooner this pish is over with the better.

Went to Silverburn to attempt to get a few cards and presents for folk. Car parks full signs up (at 14:00hrs on Wed). I still horsed in and got a place.

I then entered what can only be described as hell on earth: screaming bairns, fat burds with antlers, neds hand-in-hand with Mrs neds, auld folk with nae idea fit they're even deein in the place, Shaking Stevens on the juke-box, fatties stuffing their faces and dropping pies all over the floor.

Could not take it and went back to the motor. The quunt next to me had parked so close I cidna get in. Asked a 'yellow jacket' man to sort it oot - 1 hour later, eventually resolved.

Aside fe getting a Grifter when I was 10, it's a phuqqing nonsense.

Surely you know that Silverburn is just a jumped up Pollok Centre with the same customers.

Overwhelmed by this nonsense in work I refused to join in any xmas activity. This angered a hyper 50 year old saddo who decided

to cover me in Glitter and verbally abuse me.

Only my good nature prevented me from reporting her.

Being a primary school teacher I can't avoid it. Every December it's like being covered in a tub of Christmas paint. It's everywhere and in everything we do. Edited by iainmac1