Title Races Back On ? - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm indifferent to Aberdeen. I just like seeing a bitter old man like you throw the dummy out when you fcuk up.

Again.

What about tonight?

He sounds so much like an old firm fan it's unreal.

3 posts from a semi-autistic d1ckhead with a wee man complex.

I feel honoured. :ok:

here's 2 words for squirrelhumper ...

.. Gary Locke :-))

He's given up on Killie.

It's better tae follow me around the board like a puppy and boast about Killie taking 34 fans to Hamilton or Parkhead.

Another one on my stalker's list.

Aberdeen were fvcking rotten tonight.

Jack is a fvcking shitebag.

Shinnie (I think) had a golden opportunity to hammer it in at the death and took a touch.

Out crossballs and corners were pathetic.

Not once did we put pressure on the keeper and he was happy to collect balls all night.

A full in assault on the thistle goal started about 86 minutes into the game.

The only positive note was Jack looked like he pulled a hamstring,but a lot of people assumed it was feigned as he was rank.

We have a plan A,that's it.

Shite atmosphere and you could hear shouts to each other complaining,but not a shout when a man had time to control the ball.

Obviously delighted to be joint top at the end of the year,but it could be so,so much better.

Very frustrating game. Plenty of chances to take 3 points. We start games very slowly these days. Hayes has to stop taking free kicks and corners - I don't think he's got any nerve endings in his feet. Why McLean doesn't take them is a mystery. Jack was very poor. Would have binned him at half time for Smith or Pawlett. Our decision making at times is schoolboy. McGinn especially guilty. We also lacked urgency.

That all said, we pumped Partick 0-0. They showed little to no ambition but were at least organised and hard to breakdown. I don't actually think we played that badly in the last half hour. The Partick no 6 (captain?) was very useful and the sort of lad what we need. I've probably contradicted myself somehow but I don't care as I'm p1shed.

Still top with 2 games in hand.

I thought Aberdeen might at least make it interesting.

And I thought that fandans from Preston who pretend to be Scottish Celtic fans wouldn't haver pish on the tamb. I guess today has been a learning experience.

Don't forget Thistle had won 4 on the bounce so it's ignorant to think Aberdeen would turn them over easily.

Any Dons fan expecting a victory on here would be called an arrogant whank and reminded of that fact...

Aberdeen were fvcking rotten tonight.

Jack is a fvcking shitebag.

Shinnie (I think) had a golden opportunity to hammer it in at the death and took a touch.

Out crossballs and corners were pathetic.

Not once did we put pressure on the keeper and he was happy to collect balls all night.

A full in assault on the thistle goal started about 86 minutes into the game.

The only positive note was Jack looked like he pulled a hamstring,but a lot of people assumed it was feigned as he was rank.

We have a plan A,that's it.

Shite atmosphere and you could hear shouts to each other complaining,but not a shout when a man had time to control the ball.

Obviously delighted to be joint top at the end of the year,but it could be so,so much better.

Rossy made the same point about the crossing. Has this been all season or just this game?

It's something I've noticed with us too. We hardly ever put in good crosses despite being in a position to constantly. It drives me feckin mental.

Is it really the crossing or are your strikers just not making the right runs?

I'm going to start by giving Thistle credit.

Easily the most organised Thistle team I've seen. Great work rate and stuck totally to their game plan. Not difficult to see how they had won 4 on the bounce going into last night.

That said Aberdeen were predictable and pedestrian. At the risk of repeating myself on this thread we are not and never have been in a title race. Way over reliant on Hayes and McGinn to produce a spark in tight games.

I remain pretty gutted that after such a good start we didn't get in the 2 or 3 players in the last window who might have made things a bit more interesting. Instead we signed 2 loan players who were sub

standard and who appear to have left the club weeks ago though we've yet to hear any official confirmation.

Edited by AberdeenAngus

I'm going to start by giving Thistle credit.

Easily the most organised Thistle team I've seen. Great work rate and stuck totally to their game plan. Not difficult to see how they had won 4 on the bounce going into last night.

That said Aberdeen were predictable and pedestrian. At the risk of repeating myself on this thread we are not and never have been in a title race. Way over reliant on Hayes and McGinn to produce a spark in tight games.

I remain pretty gutted that after such a good start we didn't get in the 2 or 3 players in the last window who might have made things a bit more interesting. Instead we signed 2 loan players who were sub

standard and who appear to have left the club weeks ago though we've yet to hear any official confirmation.

Was getting frustrated in the first half when they seemed to be playing in each others pockets for about half an hour.

I know most teams say the same most seasons but we're going to look back on this season with more than a few 'what ifs'.

Frustration doesn't even begin to cover it.

Not even a case of suggesting the club splash money - it's about using the budget they do have more wisely.

We'll see if this forthcoming window does anything to address the issues.

Edited by AberdeenAngus

I know most teams say the same most seasons but we're going to look back on this season with more than a few 'what ifs'.

Frustration doesn't even begin to cover it.

Not even a case of suggesting the club splash money - it's about using the budget they do have more wisely.

We'll see if this forthcoming window does anything to address the issues.

I think that is bang on the money. I clearly don't see every game, but Aberdeen have been the best footballing side I've watched this term. You will always have difficulties with personnel, compared to the Tims, but you have also thrown away some really really daft points.

Bizarre, how you can go from playing really well one week to absolutely dire the next. It seems, from what I've read on here, there are guys, that were very dependable last term, have become quite inconsistent this season?

Still, Celtic, have yet to put any sort of run together so you never know.

Edited by Angus_Young

Bannigan was number 6. Looked very assured against Ross County (how he never won MOTM defeats me) and played brilliantly again last night.

Shame about his shot midway through the 2nd half. He's got a decent strike on him and if he kept it down, it would have troubled the Aberdeen 'keeper.

Ryan Jack now with 200 games for Aberdeen ... the new messiah must be due a Scotland call-up ... :lol:

I think that is bang on the money. I clearly don't see every game, but Aberdeen have been the best footballing side I've watched this term. You will always have difficulties with personnel, compared to the Tims, but you have also thrown away some really really daft points.

Bizarre, how you can go from playing really well one week to absolutely dire the next. It seems, from what I've read on here, there are guys, that were very dependable last term, have become quite inconsistent this season?

Still, Celtic, have yet to put any sort of run together so you never know.

We are only 3 points less than last season.

The October month was just bizarre. I think we were spooked by losing at Hibs and it took us a month to recover.

At times we look in total control of games but other than Killie away we have not been turning that superiority into goals - inability to score goals has bitten better teams than Aberdeen on the arse before.

I just hope we address the imbalance in the squad soon or the 'poor' Celtic team will just stroll another title. (I'm not convinced they are as poor as many think especially when compared to all the other sides).