Adults Going To The Cinema In Fancy Dress - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Adults Going To The Cinema In Fancy Dress

Ah I see. I can clear that right up for you.

It happens when you type your posts on Outlook before cutting and pasting them onto the TAMB, in order to avoid the folk that sit behind you at work realising that you spend half the day on the TAMB.

:-))

That might well put you the running for the "TAMB Post of the Year" award.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the dividing line between Dress and "fancy" dress. Walking about with any designer label showing is dressing up as an advert, and a gullible ##### (sorry bypassed the swear filter there. will try and use board as its programmed.).

Edited by phart

What's the consensus on wearing football shirts / "party" clothes / bright colours or whatever for funerals ? To me this is pretty much "fancy dress"...

Had disagreements with few people on this, a lot of folk seem to think along lines "if that's what (insert deceased's name) wanted / requested, then you should do it..." However, my view is I will only ever attend a funeral wearing a dark coloured suit and black tie

Nae khunt is wearing any type of suit or morose black dress tae ma funeral.

I'm getting burned in the cheapest possible cardboard box.

My attitude is the exact same. The weepy death circus isn't for me.

In fact I plan on leaving instructions for there to be no funeral or memorial service at all. I shall be put into the cheapest cardboard coffin available and burned to a cinder as soon as can be arranged after the final whistle blows. Whilst any greedy distant relatives that turn up at the reading of my will, shall be sorely disappointed - animal charities will be getting all my millions.

Always wondered why people bother with those huge, expensive, fancy oak coffins stuffed with silk sheets and cushions for a corpse that's either going underground or into the flames. What a waste of money.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

What's the consensus on wearing football shirts / "party" clothes / bright colours or whatever for funerals ? To me this is pretty much "fancy dress"...

Had disagreements with few people on this, a lot of folk seem to think along lines "if that's what (insert deceased's name) wanted / requested, then you should do it..." However, my view is I will only ever attend a funeral wearing a dark coloured suit and black tie

You go to show respect to the deceased and if the deceased ask for no black then you should respect that.

You go to show respect to the deceased and if the deceased ask for no black then you should respect that.

Funerals aren't for the dead, they're for the living. What does the fecker in the box care who does/wears what.

It's the same as grieving. You're grieving for yourself. You're no grieving for the person that's past on. They're deid. You're greeting about how much your gonnae miss them and how much shiter your life is gonnae be without them.

Edited by Marky

Funerals aren't for the dead, they're for the living. What does the fecker in the box care who does/wears what.

It's the same as grieving. You're grieving for yourself. You're no grieving for the person that's past on. They're deid. You're greeting about how much your gonnae miss them and how much shiter your life is gonnae be without them.

Nope. The funeral is the deceased's day if you believe in the after-life.

My attitude is the exact same. The weepy death circus isn't for me.

In fact I plan on leaving instructions for there to be no funeral or memorial service at all. I shall be put into the cheapest cardboard coffin available and burned to a cinder as soon as can be arranged after the final whistle blows. Whilst any greedy distant relatives that turn up at the reading of my will, shall be sorely disappointed - animal charities will be getting all my millions.

Always wondered why people bother with those huge, expensive, fancy oak coffins stuffed with silk sheets and cushions for a corpse that's either going underground or into the flames. What a waste of money.

Couldn't agree more. :ok:

With regards to the coffins it isn't only a waste of money its a waste of resources. I think coffin hire would be a great idea for those who care what they look like at the funeral. Use them for display purposes - this would work well for cremations not so easy for burials but I am sure there could be a way of putting the body in a cardboard coffin inside and removing it at the grave.

Nope. The funeral is the deceased's day if you believe in the after-life.

I think often not enough thought is given to the people who will be left by those who stipulate what they want at their funeral. They don't have to go through the ordeal so should show some consideration to those that do.

Couldn't agree more. :ok:

With regards to the coffins it isn't only a waste of money its a waste of resources. I think coffin hire would be a great idea for those who care what they look like at the funeral. Use them for display purposes - this would work well for cremations not so easy for burials but I am sure there could be a way of putting the body in a cardboard coffin inside and removing it at the grave.

There is. Us undertakers have got it down to a fine art, but don't tell anybody.

i agree generally, but if you have ever had the misfortune to go to a bairns funeral when parents have asked for bright colours etc, u would feel a bit disrespectful IMO..

i agree generally, but if you have ever had the misfortune to go to a bairns funeral when parents have asked for bright colours etc, u would feel a bit disrespectful IMO..

Hopefully I'll never find out.... I understand where folk are coming from re respecting the deceased and / or their families wishes...I would just feel really uncomfortable in anything other than "smart" clothes...To the extent, if I'm being honest, that I would rather not go to the funeral I'd feel.