Alcohol At Works Christmas Party - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alcohol At Works Christmas Party

Ours was last Friday,out for a meal and then see how far we could push the credit card before it was packed away.

Was a good night,even got a litre of Smirnoff for my secret Santa.

Then on Saturday morning when I woke up penniless I discovered that I got home and gave the missus and kids all my money because I loved them and started to show the youngest one that I could go down the stairs headfirst,on my back and not hurt myself.

He thought it was hilarious.

The love must've been handed back,as the oldest one put my kebab away safely for consumption the next morning when I watched the Dons game.

Edited by dandydunn

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably being a bit of a hypocrite given that I've worked for the same company for 19 years however out of a work force of around 200 people I can probably say that I've got about 4-5 really good mates, another 5-6 "acquaintances" and approx 190 I'd rather not spend time with if I could avoid it! Changed days from when I first started when practically every weekend and some midweek evenings were spent with folk from work (including my now wife who had the good sense to leave about ten years ago!!).

You sound a lot like me! :lol:

One of the best pieces of advice I ever read about works parties was to treat the occasion like you were still at work. I sacked the main work 'do' off a couple of years ago after most of the decent folk (and nicer looking lassies) left and the office demographics shifted disproportionately towards arselickers and personality-bypassees.

I am out this coming Friday with my immediate section, who, luckily, I get on okay with. Normally I just tend to go out informally with pals, usually one Friday around Christmas.

Herr Endell & I worked for a large multi-national and they had a free Christmas bevy bash for the whole office in the canteen. Jesus Christ, it was like Armageddon from 17:01hrs. The mail room was a knocking shop, half-pints of spirits were the norm and plants got pished in. It got stopped after a wee guy was found lying face down in the middle of St. Vincent Street.

Looking back on it, it was bloody ridiculous.

Christmas parties in our place were banned sine die after one office manager had to lock himself in his room for his own personal safety (and after one poor bugger in another office fell out of a window after during a scap with a colleague).

Herr Endell & I worked for a large multi-national and they had a free Christmas bevy bash for the whole office in the canteen. Jesus Christ, it was like Armageddon from 17:01hrs. The mail room was a knocking shop, half-pints of spirits were the norm and plants got pished in. It got stopped after a wee guy was found lying face down in the middle of St. Vincent Street.

Looking back on it, it was bloody ridiculous.

Pishing in the plant pot was a classic :lol: - Alec was the training officer as well - what a fine example to set. Edited by Charlie Endell

Ours is usually messy, very.

This year I was at Shed 7, then went to the party after it. Was still on it on the Sunday.

A few years back we hired out the Corinthian, one of the girls who no longer works here got found under a table by the cleaners the following morning!

Used to be a Thursday night, work the next day was a riot. Normally resulted me being in the State Bar for a 3hr lunch on the Friday.

Thankfully its now a Friday night.

I mustve worked in the same place as you as i remember this and know the girl involved. She woke up and asked a cleaner where room 225 was, also only had her bra and pants on, turned up to work wearing clothes borrowed from the cloakroom :)

Not a Christmas night out but I've just spent three brilliant days away in Belgium getting totally ed with guys from our work and from another place in London.

Biggest cokk was the Hun melt from East Kilbride who wore a Rangers tammy all the time,wore Rangers shorts to the hotel pool,had a Rangers jacket with him etc etc etc

Why are Old Firm fans from East Kilbride total arseholes ?

Edited by TartanJon

Not a Christmas night out but I've just spent three brilliant days away in Belgium getting totally ######ed with guys from our work and from another place in London.

Biggest cokk was the Hun melt from East Kilbride who wore a Rangers tammy all the time,wore Rangers shorts to the hotel pool,had a Rangers jacket with him etc etc etc

Why are Old Firm fans from East Kilbride total arseholes ?

Just east kilbride ?

I have zero inclination to go on the work night out. It's outside of work time and they aren't paying me for it, so there's zero chance of me attending.

The Christmas lunch is a completely different matter. It's during the working day and lasts for over 2 hours, meaning that I've got less time in the office doing actual work :ok:

Edited by tartandon

I have zero inclination to go on the work night out. It's outside of work time and they aren't paying me for it, so there's zero chance of me attending.

The Christmas lunch is a completely different matter. It's during the working day and lasts for over 2 hours, meaning that I've got less time in the office doing actual work :ok:

True

Well I'm glad I never went to the big "fancy" doo this year, turns out some of the women who were there were all paggering over a lost handbag just outside the toilets with supposedly one manager getting a black eye

3 years or so ago I'd have been going specifically in the hope it would all kick aff, I'm past that stage now though.

Give me a day with the very few decent, non arse licking brown nosed kuntz in the place, a decent boozer, a few bevvys and a laugh and a fish supper and single king rib to take up the road

I don't get a works nights out.

Not sure if I'm missing out or not!

We don't normally have one because we are field based, normally just go for lunch with my "neebor" the last time we meet up before Xmas.

This year we got "invited" (told we should go) to one of the area parties.

Managed to wangle spending nearly 2 full days of work time going to and from Yorkshire.

:lol:

Was an ok night, didn't see or hear of any major incidents.

Annoyingly drank enough that I felt rough, but wasn't a wild night.

If I'd missed out the last pub, I'd have had a great sleep and could've taken advantage of the opportunity to lie in without missing anything.

So in short, you're not missing much, unless you think you'd have a really good night out with the folk you work with?

Pishing in the plant pot was a classic :lol: - Alec was the training officer as well - what a fine example to set.

Well, plants need to be watered, it was probably glad of it. :)

:lol::lol: Jesus Christ.

It could have been worse: at a previous party someone allegedly did a jobbie in the office manager's desk drawer. :yikes3::barf:

Lockable desk drawers are now mandatory in our place.

Edited by scotlad

I'm probably being a bit of a hypocrite given that I've worked for the same company for 19 years however out of a work force of around 200 people I can probably say that I've got about 4-5 really good mates, another 5-6 "acquaintances" and approx 190 I'd rather not spend time with if I could avoid it! Changed days from when I first started when practically every weekend and some midweek evenings were spent with folk from work (including my now wife who had the good sense to leave about ten years ago!!).

Left you or the work?

I'm out on a Leo Sayer with work on Friday. Just a small group and I intend getting myself and the staff as full as eggs.

3 years on the trot with the same group and it is brilliant fun which is good as to be honest there is only a couple I would gladly have a pint outside of work with and one is a female.