Scottish Cup Draw - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Draw

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Motherwell absolutely pump Cove Rangers. Always fancied Motherwell away in the cup but being a Clyde fan making it to that round of the cup would be a miracle. Cove pumped Formartine who played us off the park. oh the joys...

I'm hearing that Hearts - Aberdeen is unlikely to go ahead on Saturday.

All supporters clubs were e-mailed by AFC today apparently ?

AFC released a statement a few days ago saying if there was a replay or the game had to be rescheduled, it'd be on Wednesday 19th (I think?). Dunno about any email but the rain in Edinburgh hasn't been too bad and very little is forecast between now and 5pm on Saturday.

I'd be amazed if it's off.

AFC released a statement a few days ago saying if there was a replay or the game had to be rescheduled, it'd be on Wednesday 19th (I think?). Dunno about any email but the rain in Edinburgh hasn't been too bad and very little is forecast between now and 5pm on Saturday.

I'd be amazed if it's off.

So would I, tynecastles drainage is very good as well, can't remember the last time it was called off for a waterlogged pitch

A replay would have been played on the 13th apparently. Rain here really bad. A90 and A96 both pretty much car parks. Grandholm apparently being evacuated. Some restaurants in town offering those stranded in Aberdeen free Scotch Broth!

Edited by SMcoolJ

Could it possibly be postponed on safety grounds for travelling Dons fans?

That might be what they're thinking. Aberdeen airport now shut - hole in the runway!! The North bank of Den about to burst. More rain tonight and tomorrow.

Edited by SMcoolJ

Not sure if they can do that.

I remember a few years back when police advised against travel to Glasgow due to heavy snow in Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire. Parkhead was playable and Strachan more or less said 'tough'. Game went ahead.

Weather eases a lot tomorrow so expect things should be okay.

Don't have one

I will bring my tremendous record of seeing Hibs failing to win at tynecastle though.

Be strange watching Hibs play there from the roseburn though!!!

Hopefully getting Gorgie Road stand when my ticket window starts on Wednesday. Planning on a pint at Stratties, never been there since I lived on Wardlaw Street in the 90's. Will be strange!

Hopefully getting Gorgie Road stand when my ticket window starts on Wednesday. Planning on a pint at Stratties, never been there since I lived on Wardlaw Street in the 90's. Will be strange!

Thought you would have had them on sale before now, saints had them on sale at the start of the week and only a few hundred remaining, thought they might have for more

Not sure if they can do that.

I remember a few years back when police advised against travel to Glasgow due to heavy snow in Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire. Parkhead was playable and Strachan more or less said 'tough'. Game went ahead.

Weather eases a lot tomorrow so expect things should be okay.

I was sure game at Inverness was out off relatively recently for this? Maybe not though.

I know that there is further flooding incidents in and around the Aberdeen/Dundee area as we speak. Water rescue teams have been sent up from central tonight. Can't say if main routes are effected but Can't imagine the polis would want unnecessary travel if they could help it.

Perfectly reasonable reason to postpone imo.

Thought you would have had them on sale before now, saints had them on sale at the start of the week and only a few hundred remaining, thought they might have for more

not a season ticket holder, have 150 points, cutoff was 180 points for first set. should get them though.

I was sure game at Inverness was out off relatively recently for this? Maybe not though.

I know that there is further flooding incidents in and around the Aberdeen/Dundee area as we speak. Water rescue teams have been sent up from central tonight. Can't say if main routes are effected but Can't imagine the polis would want unnecessary travel if they could help it.

Perfectly reasonable reason to postpone imo.

We canny start postponing games because there's been heavy rain 100 miles from where the game is taking place.

We canny start postponing games because there's been heavy rain 100 miles from where the game is taking place.

The distress surrounding the A90 is vastly overrated.

I've just belted down there at the normal pace and am enjoying breakfast in the Golden Arches at Forfar.

The distress surrounding the A90 is vastly overrated.

I've just belted down there at the normal pace and am enjoying breakfast in the Golden Arches at Forfar.

I think it's North of Aberdeen where the A90 is currently having problems - closed north bound.