Scottish Cup Draw - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Draw

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Were under the lights last night but the lights weren't great.

They hired in portable generators / lights for the match. Presumably by utilising the early Saturday kick off time this will dispense with the need (and costs) of the generators / portable lights.

Which is why junior sides shouldn't be in the cup in the first place....

• 2 weeks later...

You can almost make a case for the Celtic game as folk won't get tickets & there's a tiny chance of an upset with them being away but Rangers at home to Cowdenbeath - zero chance of an upset and everyone who wants to see it could probably go along and take a mate with them. Even with Sky's limited view of Scottish football I don't see how that's an attractive tie???

Outside Hearts v Aberdeen I'd say the ties below are the most attractive based on quality and/or chances of an upset.

Airdrie v Dundee Utd

Dundee v Falkirk

Dunfermline v Ross County

Raith v Hibs

St Johnstone v Killie

You can almost make a case for the Celtic game as folk won't get tickets & there's a tiny chance of an upset with them being away but Rangers at home to Cowdenbeath - zero chance of an upset and everyone who wants to see it could probably go along and take a mate with them. Even with Sky's limited view of Scottish football I don't see how that's an attractive tie???

Outside Hearts v Aberdeen I'd say the ties below are the most attractive based on quality and/or chances of an upset.

Airdrie v Dundee Utd

Dundee v Falkirk

Raith v Hibs

St Johnstone v Killie

How many do you think will watch any of those ties in comparison with the Rangers game? I'm not disagreeing with you BTW but Sky don't give a shite how attractive the ties are they care how many people will watch it.

Airdrie v Dundee Utd

Dundee v Falkirk

Raith v Hibs

St Johnstone v Killie

We have a no bad record against hibs in the cup. Not been a lot between the two teams in the games this season, but i can't see us getting paat them this time.