Scottish Cup Draw - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Draw

We have a no bad record against hibs in the cup. Not been a lot between the two teams in the games this season, but i can't see us getting paat them this time.

think we are up to 2250 out of 3000 tickets allocated for us, how is your sales going? would like to think we could get close to a sell out up there, looking forward to my first trip to Starks park.

We arent playing that great at the moment, fearing the worst given its the Scottish Cup...

Met a group of your fans on Saturday night in Blazers, good lads.

Edited by giblet

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many do you think will watch any of those ties in comparison with the Rangers game? I'm not disagreeing with you BTW but Sky don't give a shite how attractive the ties are they care how many people will watch it.

You're probably right, and I know how Sky think, but surely a lot of folk would rather watch Dundee v Falkirk which has the potential to be an exciting game and could go either way rather than watch Rangers steamroller lower league opposition at home? I also think that if it was England they wouldn't show, say Man Utd at home to Preston if Newcastle, Sunderland or Villa were away to a decent Championship team?

I assume the upset you'd be looking at there would be a United win?

Ha Ha, don't think you've sunk that low yet have you!? :-)

Interesting fact:

Every one of Man Utd's last 50 (fifty) FA cup ties have been screened live on tv.

Edit: The above figure includes their game this coming weekend.

Edited by Parklife

How many do you think will watch any of those ties in comparison with the Rangers game? I'm not disagreeing with you BTW but Sky don't give a shite how attractive the ties are they care how many people will watch it.

Don't see what viewing figures has t do with it should,it's not as if punters are going to rush out and subscribe to sky sports because the usual suspects are on

Interesting fact:

Every one of Man Utd's last 50 (fifty) FA cup ties have been screened live on tv.

Edit: The above figure includes their game this coming weekend.

You're underselling your fact Parkie, that's bloody astonishing!

Apparently Thistle have sold out their allocation for the St. Mirren game on Friday and have now been allocated 500 more. Looking forward to a good game and good atmosphere if only I can lift this man flu I have.

Cracking from Thistle. Always enjoyed seeing them do well. It's refreshing having a Glasgow mob without the pish that follows the other two. :ok:

Apparently Thistle have sold out their allocation for the St. Mirren game on Friday and have now been allocated 500 more. Looking forward to a good game and good atmosphere if only I can lift this man flu I have.

We had that a couple of years back. Think its an extra 800 you get for north bank.

Sounds like a cracking atmosphere coming up.

Quite looking forward to the game on Saturday! Was my favourite game of the season as a kid!

Memories of Aberdeen away in 1991,

A late mccoist sickener in '92

Tommy coyne scoring to knock out Celtic in '93

John phillibens equaliser at tannadice in '94....

Were doing a free kids ticket until Saturday, so got one for my wee boy, if it's not too cold/wet I'll take him and see if he likes it?

Hopeful that faddy will get a cameo!

think we are up to 2250 out of 3000 tickets allocated for us, how is your sales going? would like to think we could get close to a sell out up there, looking forward to my first trip to Starks park.

We arent playing that great at the moment, fearing the worst given its the Scottish Cup...

Met a group of your fans on Saturday night in Blazers, good lads.

No sure about our end, but would like to hope we can get close to it. Atmosphere was good last time you were at starks park.

Shouldn't be nervous about the visit of Cove Rangers...

But I am :shocked:

Surely not though...surely? :lol:

I hope Motherwell stick 10 past them! (And they should)

you can easily spot the cove players up toon in Aberdeen they walk about with there blazers on thinking there Man united superstars... It's the highland league ffs

Hope the big Aberdeen team get a result at tynecastle though.. if the games on??

Sold our allocation (3400) in a couple of days so should be electric atmosphere! COYR

How is that possible? You're out of the League Cup. Unless.....ah - the Petrofac is now considered a "Cup"?!

eh? we are at Swynie at the end of June vs St Johnstone in the semi of the League cup.

I suspect that SMCoolJ thought Pate was a bun of the currant variety.

To be fair I did too.