Hangovers - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the main, Water, Water & more Water!

Before, during and after - works a real treat, every time. A litre before bed is ideal, preferably with salt (high quality). Add a multi vitamin and some milk thistle into the mix and your often / almost home free.

It is possible to drink too much water and risk flushing too much of the electrolytes out of your system. I think "water and more water" should be plenty.

With our record & attitude to drinking alcohol, I don't think it possible to over state how much water we should consume per drinking session!

Re Flushing of Electolytes - :ok: Yes that's what I had in mind when mentioning best practice is to drink water along with high quality salt. I should have been more clear with this point.

A pint of water with a half teaspoon of Himalyan Mountain salt does the same.

:ok:

Pink Himalayan? - That's thee one!

I hope you are taking the piss with that one? How much did they rip you aff for that?

The rip off where salt is concerned is 'normal' salt, aka table salt, aka processed salt which is stripped of all nutrients, resulting in a body essential being turned into a body toxin!

Himalayan salt is the creme de la creme of salts, a nutritional powerhouse with 84 elements and minerals, it represent excellent value in any event. Compared with table salt the value is incomparable.

Pink Himalayan salt ffs

Valium, Gatorade & A Ham Shank and you should be right as rain

Our support has gone soft

Correct. I swear by the ham shank method. Bit of a nightmare while roomsharing with mates on Scotland trips though.

You get a sachet in the medecine aisle beside immodium etc. Cannae mind the name but the supermarkets do own label. Its for the squirts and is basically a reydration mix. All the good stuff already mentioned - salt, glucose etc. Dissolve in a glass of water before and/or after and you will be sorted. The choice of doctors.

Diarolyte

The Himalayan salt is very mild compared to your regular table salt and I'm not advocating doing it a lot.

It's 95% sodium chloride, so don't overdo it. Don't take any more than you would of normal table salt. It does contain other metals like potassium, magnesium and calcium which may help to balance the levels in your body. But then so does road salt, If you run out you could always lick a few pavements on the way home from the pub.

Pink Himalayan salt ffs

Valium, Gatorade & A Ham Shank and you should be right as rain

Our support has gone soft

The SFA certainly seem to think so, as seen by there decision to launch the embarrassment of a football strip that is our new away top!

The SFA certainly seem to think so, as seen by there decision to launch the embarrassment of a football strip that is our new away top!

I think the pink colour is down to iron sulphate, which is the same stuff green keepers use to kill moss. That's the himalayan salt, not the away top. That's different pink stuff altogether.

I've been diagnosed with Diabetes fairly recently, so I've cut out processed sugars and most carbs out of my diet.

Problem is I'm still drinking the same (vodka more often than beer now), but its sending me loopy. Resulting in me having the FEAR for a week after a session.

I'm seriously thinking about giving up the booze for New Year and Burns Supper season.

I wish I'd got some milk thistle in before I went to the races at Doncaster yesterday - still felt half-jarred at lunchtime today.

Where do I get this stuff? Holland & Barrett?

Try a Indy health food shop. Or online - https://www.naturesaid.co.uk/products/digesteeze-150mg-equivalent-2750mg-6600mg-milk-thistle/#sectionmain

Take before you go out, when you get home and again when you wake up and you should notice a big difference.

Edited by PASTA Mick

I've been diagnosed with Diabetes fairly recently, so I've cut out processed sugars and most carbs out of my diet.

Problem is I'm still drinking the same (vodka more often than beer now), but its sending me loopy. Resulting in me having the FEAR for a week after a session.

I'm seriously thinking about giving up the booze for New Year and Burns Supper season.

Sounds like a good idea.

Where the fekkk have you been? You are as regular here as Haley's Comet! (Get a grip!!!) And get well soon!. x

Edited by Wibble

• 2 weeks later...

Milkthistle and artichoke...if you can find them in the soluble versions then take them both together with water.....gives your liver the best chance of coping with the crap that you're pouring into your body.

The better your liver copes, the best chance you've got of avoiding the killer hangover.

Some lucozade before you go to bed and when you wake up won't do you any harm either.