Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K

The press seem excited because all they are interested in is anything that slags off the snp as they want to destroy the party.Every day in these rags we read about folk having a go at the snp and looking for any excuse to do so.Its a disgrace and whether she is in the right or done something wrong it doesnt mean anything to the press as its bad publicity either way for the snp and thats what they want to see.

Taking a law degree doesn't make you a lawyer - you have to pass a diploma in legal practice and have in work training before qualifying.

I understand that Natalie McGarry worked for a charity/charities before becoming an MP

self help ones? :ph34r:

Taking a law degree doesn't make you a lawyer - you have to pass a diploma in legal practice and have in work training before qualifying.

I understand that Natalie McGarry worked for a charity/charities before becoming an MP.

I didn't know that about being a lawyer - I had assumed that once you had passed your law degree you were 'in'.

I had read that she had worked for a couple of NGOs before landing a job with the SNP (before running for firstly Holyrood and then Westminster).

Do you happen to know if Michelle Thomson is a lawyer and/or a member of the law society? That was the point I was originally replying to (but got somewhat mixed up over!)

I didn't know that about being a lawyer - I had assumed that once you had passed your law degree you were 'in'.

I had read that she had worked for a couple of NGOs before landing a job with the SNP (before running for firstly Holyrood and then Westminster).

Do you happen to know if Michelle Thomson is a lawyer and/or a member of the law society? That was the point I was originally replying to (but got somewhat mixed up over!)

I don't think she is. I'm pretty sure that before she started the property company she worked for Standard Life.

I think what you are getting confused with is that it was Michelle Thomson's solicitor who was struck off due his part in the property deals.

As I understand it there were a number of "red flags" that he should have picked up on that he didn't - or at least didn't act on - and that amounted to professional negligence on his part.

The police investigation is to establish whether there was any criminality involved and if so, by who.

This is just going to get messier and messier and think no matter what the outcome McGarry will be damaged not to mention the wider Yes movement.

I can see a number of explanations for what has happened and honestly wouldn't even like to guess at the truth. I know how "political" groups like this can become and I know this is probably sexists but think the "politics" within women's groups can get even more messy.