Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K

Then she should be expelled for sheer stupidity if nothing else. She probably wasn't even getting a decent rate of interest.

I should make it clear, I don't know if that's true... I was just thinking of Father Ted. But if I was a gambling man I reckon that's what her defence will be.

I should make it clear, I don't know if that's true...

Too late for retractions min. She has been hung drawn and quartered on the basis of your testimony. The TAMB court of justice was a wee bit confused as to how she managed to spend it on M&S pies, handbags and shoes but it was still in her account. But that was just a minor detail along the road to proving her guilt.

Too late for retractions min. She has been hung drawn and quartered on the basis of your testimony. The TAMB court of justice was a wee bit confused as to how she managed to spend it on M&S pies, handbags and shoes but it was still in her account. But that was just a minor detail along the road to proving her guilt.

Now I feel bad :(

I will be more than happy to retract my statement if and when she's cleared. If this were a Labour/Tory/Unionist MP, this place would be passing judgement quick smart. It's just a fitba forum, we're allowed to debate this stuff. :P

I thought it was only Tory string em up types that did guilty until proven innocent ;)

I thought it was only Tory string em up types that did guilty until proven innocent ;)

Im not her biggest fan, so sue me. :P

I'll be happy to withdraw comments if she's found to be entirely innocent but what I've read WfI have been trying to get answers from McGarry for months and this was last resort. Had the roles been reversed, we'd be quite happy throwing muck if it was a Labour member/candidate.

Thankfully this isn't a court of law, and we can debate this without taking it too seriously.

I was wondering how long it would be before this thread would appear! :lol:

Natalie McGarry is/was a disaster. Goodness knows what the other candidates who stood for nomination in the Glasgow East constituency must have been like but IIRC there were quite a few standing (I have wondered if strings were pulled somewhere; if so I bet whoever pulled them regrets it now). Given the fact she was running against the then Shadow S of S for Scotland, I expected them to go tonto on her - her social media history provides ample opportunity for this. It would appear, however, that they were biding their time for something bigger.

That said, there's something about this that reeks of a stitch-up. McGarry has her enemies; the impression I get of her is someone who is opinionated, thin-skinned and slightly egotistical. She is perhaps a text book example of someone who should never put themselves forward for public office and it wouldn't surprise me if she even has enemies within the SNP and/or WFI. What she has never given me the impression of being, however, is bent. I think she genuinely believes in what she says, particularly the feminist stuff. Why would someone in line to land a well-paying job as an MP attempt to embezzle (if that is the correct charge) a relatively meagre amount of money from WFI? Pardon the expression, but it doesn't add up.

I was wondering how long it would be before this thread would appear! :lol:

Natalie McGarry is/was a disaster. Goodness knows what the other candidates who stood for nomination in the Glasgow East constituency must have been like but IIRC there were quite a few standing (I have wondered if strings were pulled somewhere; if so I bet whoever pulled them regrets it now). Given the fact she was running against the then Shadow S of S for Scotland, I expected them to go tonto on her - her social media history provides ample opportunity for this. It would appear, however, that they were biding their time for something bigger.

That said, there's something about this that reeks of a stitch-up. McGarry has her enemies; the impression I get of her is someone who is opinionated, thin-skinned and slightly egotistical. She is perhaps a text book example of someone who should never put themselves forward for public office and it wouldn't surprise me if she even has enemies within the SNP and/or WFI. What she has never given me the impression of being, however, is bent. I think she genuinely believes in what she says, particularly the feminist stuff. Why would someone in line to land a well-paying job as an MP attempt to embezzle (if that is the correct charge) a relatively meagre amount of money from WFI? Pardon the expression, but it doesn't add up.

Why do capitalists exploit workers when they've money enough. I like your thinking though, we'll get you there eventually. :lol:

Reserving judgement, but wouldn't surprise me if she's a Tea leaf. A Tory at heart that one.

Well, she is certainly bourgeois anyway. Posting a picture on Twitter of a trolley laden with expensive booze and regularly extolling the virtues of various Shawlands eateries when you are standing as a candidate in a constituency with high levels of poverty and social deprivation is stupid at best and crassly insensitive at worst.

Time will tell, but I think she's just one of those people who never left the school playground, or in her case the sixth from debating society.

Why do capitalists exploit workers when they've money enough. I like your thinking though, we'll get you there eventually. :lol:

Edit: I tried desperately to post "hold the means of production" rather than "money enough" but my boss was chatting in my ear and had to act fast.

Today has just been full of irony :lol:

Judging by her "Tweet your tea" tweets... Marks & Spencers.

Nom.

Greed, I guess. Although they tend only to bend/break the rules when it is worth their while. Then again, Natalie is pretty stupid.

I reckon Tasmina will be at the centre of the next big scandal. I can imagine there being numerous dodgy financial skeletons lurking amongst all those power suits.

Nom.

Greed, I guess. Although they tend only to bend/break the rules when it is worth their while. Then again, Natalie is pretty stupid.

I reckon Tasmina will be at the centre of the next big scandal. I can imagine there being numerous dodgy financial skeletons lurking amongst all those power suits.

Fingers crossed for Gibson :lol: Although anything she is involved in can quickly be explained away with stupidity or ignorance rather than anything sinister.

Its worth remember the period in question is from over a year ago I think and at a time when WfI didn't have more formal structures in place or tighter controls on finances. Im not sure being an SNP MP was necessarily on her radar at that time. I kinda agree with scotlad's assessment of her - always lacked a maturity I would have hoped/expected from candidates but havent even detected anything corrupt about her. In that respect it is surprising but if it wasn't this, was a matter of time before it was something else.