Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K

Does "withdrawing from the whip" actually mean anything in practical terms? Or does it just mean, that she now has to use the lower class lavies that are allocated to the greens and other minority parties? Doesn't seem that big a deal to me, but the papers obviously think it is.

For all intent and purpose she's an independent MP.

I'm merely highlighting the ineptitude of Graeme Pearson MSP's foot soldiers.

They could've nicked my dear, departed wee grannie's 'broon envelope' (easily £20K), and the result would've been the same.

Hmmmm.... that figure is suspiciously close to the amount that has supposedly gone missing. Did your granny work for WFI? I smell a news story.

I didn't know she was/is a Lawyer... I realise you have to be without soul and conscious to represent a capitalist led party, but didn't realise they went direct to source.

McGarry is a qualified lawyer apparently, although she has never actually practiced law (she took the 'New Labour' route of party policy wonk to prospective parliamentary candidate to MP).

Edit to say I've just realised Flora was referring to Thomson. I don't know if she is a lawyer either, although she seems well-versed in property law loopholes so it is a distinct possibility that she is.

Edited by scotlad

McGarry is a qualified lawyer apparently, although she has never actually practiced law (she took the 'New Labour' route of party policy wonk to prospective parliamentary candidate to MP).

Wasn't he talking about Thomson? I have no idea what's going on anymore! :(

:lol:

Well, McGarry's definitely a lawyer (technically), I know that much.

Taking a law degree doesn't make you a lawyer - you have to pass a diploma in legal practice and have in work training before qualifying.

I understand that Natalie McGarry worked for a charity/charities before becoming an MP.

That's no really a big deal though is it? Maybe she now has to share a dinner table in the HoC with Doogie Carswell and Lady Sylvia Hermon?

That is exactly what I have been thinking too. I have no idea why the press seem to be so excited about the news