Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K

Im not her biggest fan, so sue me. :P

I'll be happy to withdraw comments if she's found to be entirely innocent but what I've read WfI have been trying to get answers from McGarry for months and this was last resort. Had the roles been reversed, we'd be quite happy throwing muck if it was a Labour member/candidate.

Thankfully this isn't a court of law, and we can debate this without taking it too seriously.

I am just surprised at you making comments in the first place. It isn't like you to jump on a bandwagon you really must dislike her ;)

Well, she is certainly bourgeois anyway. Posting a picture on Twitter of a trolley laden with expensive booze and regularly extolling the virtues of various Shawlands eateries when you are standing as a candidate in a constituency with high levels of poverty and social deprivation is stupid at best and crassly insensitive at worst.

Didn't do her predecessor any harm right enough...

I am just surprised at you making comments in the first place. It isn't like you to jump on a bandwagon you really must dislike her ;)

Stop it! Yer making me feel bad. :P

Regardless, I've not been her biggest fan for some time. I admired a lot of her work in referendum and WfI specifically, but there was just something about her character that screamed "danger"! And I think it's vitally important the both SNP and Yes keep their hands out the till and whiter than white. And that's means a zero tolerance to stuff like this. Regardless of whether she's guilty or not, the whataboutery on Twitter is pretty indicative of Yes supporters doing all they can to wish it wasn't happening and looking elsewhere.

It's important SNP and Yes supporters face up to this stuff to minimise similar issues in future.

Regardless, I've not been her biggest fan for some time. I admired a lot of her work in referendum and WfI specifically, but there was just something about her character that screamed "danger"! And I think it's vitally important the both SNP and Yes keep their hands out the till and whiter than white. And that's means a zero tolerance to stuff like this. Regardless of whether she's guilty or not, the whataboutery on Twitter is pretty indicative of Yes supporters doing all they can to wish it wasn't happening and looking elsewhere.

It's important SNP and Yes supporters face up to this stuff to minimise similar issues in future.

You're one of a kind amongst "them" sir :wub:. Well, Coves alright as well.

I always thought McGarry could have been perfect rebound material for Scunnered after the Katy Clark debacles

Her venom for Tommy Sheridan is up there with the likes of Rosie Kane and Carolyn Leckie

So close :(

how many of the SNP MPs are just career politicians?

Was hoping we were voting out that type for something a bit more genuine.

Actually have connections to one MP with my vicinity all chuffed for them getting elected...I'm like "alright how did he get into that..never knew"....."researcher".

alright..............very good...

It's total pish. I'm almost for giving up the membership. 60k a year for a career politician. same old.

And McGarry just always came across as the same. What job has she done that can compare to anything that we're all doing...? ride all.

Labour are a complete shambles, the Greens are tearing themselves apart as well (Ps i once travelled back on a train sitting next to the Greens co-covener..couldnt help but overhear her conversation about how to "engage" with people about the referendum...it was so pretentious I could feel myself moving towards a no vote! unbeliveable hilarious gobbledigook..couldn't believe it when I saw her coupon on the news!), and Tommy Sheridan's divisive. There's only the SNP to vote as the rest are so terrible. I wish there was something else out there though to keep them in check.

ps been SNP since I could vote, maybe i'm just a contrary and need to be in the minority haha. Don't know but i'm not as enamoured with them as I was even six months ago.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

If I had any influence, politicians would have term limits. That way you have to buy them anew every couple of elections. Instead of folk being representatives for decades and bought only once. Would stop entrenched views and dominant cultures as well. however it would be the turkeys voting for christmas so not going to happen.

I totally agree that this needs dealt with swiftly and there has to be an acceptance that just because someone is Yes or in the SNP doesn't automatically make them innocent and to be defending at all costs.

I would however also want this dealt with properly and on the evidence. Many people have been burnt in the past jumping to conclusions or dancing to the tune of others agendas and some people's lives have been ruined as a result.

Having said that it doesn't look good and is damaging no matter what the truth of the matter is.

I would also agree to an extent with your assessment of McGarry. She was never someone I was 100% happy with being in public office having followed some of her Twitter posts

I would also agree to an extent with your assessment of McGarry. She was never someone I was 100% happy with being in public office having followed some of her Twitter posts

The fact that she lives with a Tory councillor put me right off her

Im still trying to fathom how im in the wrong and that shouldnt make a difference

In fairness to McGarry, she does appear to have some principles. Some. I dont think you can ever accuse an SNP member of being a career politician, chasing the easy money and the trough. Until this year it was a thankless task and the Women for Independence initiative was one of the better and (supposedly) cleaner campaigns during the referendum. I admire her for that at least. But aside from that, she's not MP material in terms of maturity and stature. Far from it. And I can honestly say I've never thought had concerns that she might be linked to something like this so this is somewhat of a surprise.

Ah McGarrys election. I can see their angle. Was it not Currie that McGarry ousted? I think if I were a resident of Glasgow East McGarry is the lesser of the two evils.

It was for that reason I nearly never voted for the first time since I've been of voting age. In the end I went for what was basically a "wasted vote" in Glasgow East :ok:

McGarry and her Israeli flag waving Tory Councillor partner have always appeard "unhinged". There are some great people within WFI and a lot of them of the lawyer variety. if there has been any misappropriation of funds, then whoever is involved should rightly be punished. Absolute numpties if they have done anything.