Have The Wheels Come Off - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Have The Wheels Come Off

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I now suspect it may be more.

Accepting that polls can be wrong, looking at the poll of polls that give No a lead of 4% (allowing for the poll that gave Yes a lead of 8%) you are saying that support for No could be overstated by 16%?

ps just for balance there are some very well informed posters on FF like yourself making similar predictions but the other way.

Edited by EddardStark

Just remember folks, the state are deliberately trying to grind you down with their constant incessant negative garbage. Be strong, only 2 days to go. Whatever you feel about how the vote will go, remember that we DO have the momentum and No's are not going to YES. No-one puts much faith in these commissioned polls (whether theyre good or bad for us). Canvassing on the ground is going well. I've never know Flure to get carried away or exaggerate, sometimes you just know the writing is on the wall. Do you think Cameron and his ilk would be up here laying it on thick with his doom and gloom, scare the grannies pish if he didnt know they were in serious, serious trouble? Cheer yourselves up by coming along to George Sq tonight!

Eddard, the use of informed and FF should never be in the same sentence.

Edited by neilly71

Just remember folks, the state are deliberately trying to grind you down with their constant incessant negative garbage. Be strong, only 2 days to go. Whatever you feel about how the vote will go, remember that we DO have the momentum and No's are not going to YES. No-one puts much faith in these commissioned polls (whether theyre good or bad for us). Canvassing on the ground is going well. I've never know Flure to get carried away or exaggerate, sometimes you just know the writing is on the wall. Do you think Cameron and his ilk would be up here laying it on thick with his doom and gloom, scare the grannies pish if he didnt know they were in serious, serious trouble? Cheer yourselves up by coming along to George Sq tonight!

Rubbish.There is a 20000 post thread if you include the posts before it was wiped. There are lots of good posters.

Getting worried? Think how the unionists must feel then. Went for a pint with my boss. For years he's been all 'I will be chucked out of Scotland, no place in nazi Scotland for Englishmen or Irish Catholics'. Which I've always just laughed in his face at.

"I'm really worried, this is going to be a lot closer than I thought," he said last week, and repeated his previous slurs on Scotland. Turns out he actually believes them. All this time I thought he was just on the wind up trying to get a rise out of a McGlashan in our team. Can't believe a supposedly intelligent man thinks such pish.

Rubbish.There is a 20000 post thread if you include the posts before it was wiped. There are lots of good posters.

It is a cesspit of bigotry. Post a lot on there?

"Experts believe the polls may be underestimating two possible factors. It is feared they may be missing a big surge in support for independence among people who rarely vote, underestimating the strength of the Yes vote."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/icm-director-boon-admits-a-polling-waterloo-is-possible.25336542

I remember watching Sky News many years ago and it was some election and they were going on and on about the polls before hand when the guy newsreader (cannae mind who) turned to Anna Botting and said 'but only one poll really counts' to which she replied looking utterly mystified 'which one is that?"

If we're looking for signs of desperation to see which way the vote will go then it's a stick on for Yes - Cameron's lost the fecking plot. He was going on in his speech tday about there being no consular assistance from British embassies abroad for Scots. What pish!

For a kick off the EU rules oblige him to provide assistance for EU citizens (which we'll still be) but more to the point we'll still be British citizens - you don't lose that citizenship merely by living outside the UK. That's the whole sodding point of embassies in the first place.

Sheeeesh...

ehh, you do realise that part of this is that Scotland will no longer be part of Britain and that Scottish folk will no longer have british passports. People with them just now "might" get to keep them but the general gist of the argument is to go it alone.

This is the worst thread ever, and the OP should be (figuratively) shot for starting it.

Can the mods. delete this rubbish please ?

:ok:

I don't need this right now. I am so low about how they are now trying to paint our wonderful campaign and the fantastic experience I have been part of! :(

ehh, you do realise that part of this is that Scotland will no longer be part of Britain and that Scottish folk will no longer have british passports. People with them just now "might" get to keep them but the general gist of the argument is to go it alone.

I was under the impression that anyone currently holding a British passport would be able to keep it. You could then apply for a Scottish passport but would be under no obligation to give up your British one as Britain allows you to hold duel nationality.

I do get a bit suspicious when i see low posters adding with fairly demotivating posts, mibbe its just me. Lamia, no need to feel down, thats exactly what the media waht, its the orchestrated campaign by Westminster and its minions. They want to deflate. Its not going to happen, think about the scenes on Buchanan St, the concert in Edinburgh, think about our campaign in general and the momentum it has built. Its been nothing short of fantastic. Only two days to go.

I was under the impression that anyone currently holding a British passport would be able to keep it. You could then apply for a Scottish passport but would be under no obligation to give up your British one as Britain allows you to hold duel nationality.

"

At the point of independence, this Government proposes an inclusive model of citizenship for people whether or not they define themselves as primarily or exclusively Scottish or wish to become a Scottish passport holder. People in Scotland are accustomed to multiple identities, be they national, regional, ethnic, linguistic or religious, and a commitment to a multi-cultural Scotland will be a cornerstone of the nation on independence.

We plan that British citizens habitually resident[296] in Scotland on independence will be considered Scottish citizens. This will include British citizens who hold dual citizenship with another country. Scottish born British citizens currently living outside of Scotland will also be considered Scottish citizens.

Following independence, other people will be able to apply for Scottish citizenship. For example, citizenship by descent will be available to those who have a parent or grandparent who qualifies for Scottish citizenship. Those who have a demonstrable connection to Scotland and have spent at least ten years living here at some stage, whether as a child or an adult, will also have the opportunity to apply for citizenship. Migrants on qualifying visas will also have the option of applying for naturalisation as a Scottish citizen.

The UK allows dual or multiple citizenship for British citizens. If a British citizen acquires citizenship and a passport of another country, this does not affect their British citizenship, right to hold a British passport or right to live in the UK. The Scottish Government will also allow dual citizenship. It will be for the rest of the UK to decide whether it allows dual UK/Scottish citizenship, but we expect the normal rules to extend to Scottish citizens."

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2013/11/9348/11

I do get a bit suspicious when i see low posters adding with fairly demotivating posts, mibbe its just me. Lamia, no need to feel down, thats exactly what the media waht, its the orchestrated campaign by Westminster and its minions. They want to deflate. Its not going to happen, think about the scenes on Buchanan St, the concert in Edinburgh, think about our campaign in general and the momentum it has built. Its been nothing short of fantastic. Only two days to go.

I am low because I hear people repeat it. I know it is a tactic but it is the fact that people I know are saying it that has dragged me down. It has made me feel like I have done something wrong knocking on doors standing on stalls. I know I haven't but that is how I have now started to feel.

The only wheels that have come off surely are on the No campaign. I have never seen anything so incompetent. Without the saturation wall to wall propaganda they would be in such deep shit right now. I am not sure they ever got the wheels on, maybe some square ones. It was so bad they then shat themselves in public and went mental breaking rules and coordinating scare stories using the City etc... During all this the Yes campaign has kept its dignity and stuck to a positive message.