The Final Humiliation Is Complete - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Final Humiliation Is Complete

Doric

the thing that angers me most is the same mistakes are repeated in every campaign over the last 18 years but we see no change. Strachan has already indicated the same system will be applied next time round.

People can bang on about small margins or slight improvements all they want, we hear the same shit after every campaign.

It'll be an insult if the SFA opt to charge us more for tickets/membership, if anything we should be receiving a discount. Our fans will pay it no matter what though.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep agree with most on here I am totally sick. Cant believe how far we have fallen and I am actually getting angry with myself for wanting Strachan to stay. I think he is man for the job but that maybe says more about my and our country as a wholes expectations (we finished 4th and doesnt matter which way you dress it up). We now do not expect to qualify. And I for one cant see any players coming through in the near future. Yes there is lots of potential the (3 ryans) but the next step is the biggest one and the chances of them doing it are not huge. Even our support is crap now lets be honest. Hopefully by time next qualifiers come round my optimism will be back but I am so sick of being dissapointed. wheres the razor blades lol

Non of the so called "home nations" will make the quarter finals, the standard of football has gone backwards and that is not just in Scotland but in general.

I never used to miss a game at international and club level but the dross that is out there now, I do not bother.

Unfortunately the coaching in the game today, is shite and takes away the natural ability of the kids and youths coming through, we all look a promising youngster in the U16'S or U18'S and time after time say "what happened to him" ???

I coached kids from U7 to U16 and did my coaching badge in Holland, if they have a kid who has natural ability , he is encouraged to go on and do things, he is not held back into a team that has less capable players and starts playing side ways and backward pass's, the guy who did our course was Frans Thysen who played for Ipswich town and Notts Forest in the 80's and coached the way he played.

Whats required is a coach or manager who has the imagination and time to allow the younger guys to fulfil the potential at a senior level, that they show at junior level.

Non of the so called "home nations" will make the quarter finals, the standard of football has gone backwards and that is not just in Scotland but in general.

I wouldn't bet on that, I honestly think Wales will do very well in France. They are on the crest of a wave and with the right draw I could even see them getting to the Semi Finals. I have a feeling they will get further than all the other "Home" nations. Not that it makes me happy to say any of that, in fact that makes me pig sick.

Supposedly Regan is asking the Icelandic FA over to ask how they can produce players and we can. Ask due respect to Iceland, but that's ###### embarrassing that a country that hasn't got one professional club can have the answer and our lot hasn't figured it out yet.

Summer football, sending players abroad early and playing youth - It isn't rocket science is it!? We are so far behind...

I wouldn't bet on that, I honestly think Wales will do very well in France. They are on the crest of a wave and with the right draw I could even see them getting to the Semi Finals. I have a feeling they will get further than all the other "Home" nations. Not that it makes me happy to say any of that, in fact that makes me pig sick.

A one player team, if Bale is injured or they come up against someone like Italy with there style of "win at all costs" then they will be out.

Watched a bit of there game against Holland and with Bale and Ramsey out and against one of the worst Dutch sides in years they looked very basic.

N.Ireland qualified out of a shite group and once they meet a half decent side, they will be on there bike

England, again qualified out of a shite group, played a very average looking spain side the other night and still got beat.

Ireland, hump the ball merchants, once they come up against a physical side they do not have a plan B , Martin O'neil has limited ability as a coach and was only successful at Celtic due to having a world class striker playing for him.

This is of course only my opinion and I promise that it is in no way sour grapes, but I would genuinely rather Scotland retired themselves from International football than adopted the Irish approach.

I have zero interest in watching that turgid, one dimensional shite, even if it does earn you the occasional qualification. It's a pyrrhic victory anyway. Ireland will not only be found out at the finals they will probably be summarily embarrassed the way they were the last time they qualified.

I would much rather we at least try to develop our game, even if it means continued heart break for a few years to come. Our problem is not that we don't have good defenders at the moment, or that 5 years ago we had no decent strikers etc etc. We will never have a complete crop of players to rival the big teams. Our problem is at the top and until we clear out that shower of shite, we will never improve.

This is of course only my opinion and I promise that it is in no way sour grapes, but I would genuinely rather Scotland retired themselves from International football than adopted the Irish approach.

I have zero interest in watching that turgid, one dimensional shite, even if it does earn you the occasional qualification. It's a pyrrhic victory anyway. Ireland will not only be found out at the finals they will probably be summarily embarrassed the way they were the last time they qualified.

I would much rather we at least try to develop our game, even if it means continued heart break for a few years to come. Our problem is not that we don't have good defenders at the moment, or that 5 years ago we had no decent strikers etc etc. We will never have a complete crop of players to rival the big teams. Our problem is at the top and until we clear out that shower of shite, we will never improve.

With you on that :ok:

In the meantime we can acquire valuable ranking points which will help us get an easier group in the future.

Ironically in terms of the qualification shitshow for the next Euro's its questionable what would give us the best opportunity to qualify: being in say pot 2 for the traditional qualification groups or Division 2 o3 3 for the Nations Cup given the way that works and the fact the play offs come from that and not the usual qualification procedure. Only teams who have failed to qualify through the normal procedure then play a part in the play offs.

Last night's result is no reason to get upset. We didn't deserve to get to the playoffs because our performaces over the entire campaign didn't merit it. We only really played well in Germany against a team with a bit of a hangover. On balance, the four games aginst Ireland and Georgia should have been draws. The three teams are as bad as each other though Ireland have the resilience to get results in meaningful games against teams of a similar calibre (and teams of higher calibre occasionally!). So to get seven points from 12 against those two, instead of four, was good. Sure we were ahead in both games against Poland but look at the amount of chances they created against us. Enough to win a few games.

Yes, it's a bit of a sickener, but fourth was the position we were most likely to get and that's where we finished. A lot of people lost the run of themselves after the Georgia and Ireland victories and then the Ireland draw. The performances really were not good, despite the points gained. It was likely we would run out of luck and that's what happened in Tbilisi and in Glasgow against Poland.

Ireland are pragmatic and play to their strengths which is why we will be decamping in our thousands in the summer to France , our defense is excellent , we have a combative midfield & genuine class in McCarthy & Hoolihan & match winners upfront in Long & Walters.

Importantly we have a rigid game plan which enables us to compete away against higher ranking teams & to win in places like Georgia , such a plan worked against Bosnia away & set the mood for last night's well executed victory in which we played some very decent football.

Let's not kid ourselves - the majority of Scottish fans would give their eye teeth to be in our position & the mode of football played to ensure such qualification would come a distant second.

Sure Poland 2012 was a disastrous campaign but we got there & the fans , myself included , had a brilliant time , roll on France.

Ireland are pragmatic and play to their strengths which is why we will be decamping in our thousands in the summer to France , our defense is excellent , we have a combative midfield & genuine class in McCarthy & Hoolihan & match winners upfront in Long & Walters.

Importantly we have a rigid game plan which enables us to compete away against higher ranking teams & to win in places like Georgia , such a plan worked against Bosnia away & set the mood for last night's well executed victory in which we played some very decent football.

Let's not kid ourselves - the majority of Scottish fans would give their eye teeth to be in our position & the mode of football played to ensure such qualification would come a distant second.

Sure Poland 2012 was a disastrous campaign but we got there & the fans , myself included , had a brilliant time , roll on France.

Absolutely right, these posts saying we'd rather quit than play like Ireland are utterly ridiculous.

On a side issue RoI is not a 'home' nation - it is as much a foreign nation as France. Pisses me off that the BBC treat it as such.

This thoroughly pees me off too. They use the controversial geographic term British Isles'. Imagine sitting in pub in Dublin telling the locals they are in the British Isles?

This thoroughly pees me off too. They use the controversial geographic term British Isles'. Imagine sitting in pub in Dublin telling the locals they are in the British Isles?

Not exactly a "controversial geographic term", they've been called the British Isles for longer than there's been anywhere called Ireland or Scotland.

It's probably politically controversial, I'll give you that.

Edited by Toepoke

the Romans actually called them the Pritish Isles, with a P ,Cesaer I think,

somewhere along the line the p became a B becuse someone read it wrongly.

and the British Isles they became.

I prefer the title North Atlantic Islands.

Britain is only the big main Island, the Isle of White,Lundy, Scily, Anglesay, Man,Arran, Mull, Skye Orkney etc are not part of Britain. But are part of the British Isles.

You may well be right my friend, but I wasn't speaking for the "majority of Scotland fans", I was speaking for myself. The clue was in the first line of my post. And I can assure you, I am not kidding myself.

:ok:

You may well be right my friend, but I wasn't speaking for the "majority of Scotland fans", I was speaking for myself. The clue was in the first line of my post. And I can assure you, I am not kidding myself.

:ok:

Can only presume they had a brilliant time apart from watching the games in Poland :wink2:

Scotland should be better than Ireland because we have relatively strong and well supported clubs. Ireland, as far as I can see, rely on England developing young players for them, or at least giving them competitive football. Likewise Wales.

In fact, how come Ireland are as strong as they are? Are they doing something with youth development that we're not?

Half of bloody Europe qualify and we feel the need to have no friendly in November.

I have Fecking had it with the incompetence of those in charge.

However plenty time to trot out pointless strip launches, inflation busting season ticket packages and a membership pack full of p1sh that goes straight in the bin.

This feels as bad as anything Levein or burley were involved in.