Pupil Killed In Aberdeen - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pupil Killed In Aberdeen

I was wondering about that, is the age cut off not 16, and as he's now been charged they won't name him until he has appeared in court - I'm sure that's what happened in the Tobin case regarding Dinah McNicol.

The law was changed 2 months ago to increase the age restriction from 16 to 18.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re my posts from last night -

All I was trying to get across is that we are always to quick to assume the person who died had done nothing to 'deserve this'

Now let's get this straight, nobody deserves to be stabbed, nobody, but if, as it seems from what the rumour mill is putting out, there was bullying involved you can see why this happened.

It is just a shame the lad who appears to have been on the end of the bullying decided upon the course of action he took instead of a kick to the bully's balls.

Not good at all and it's indicative of the world that we now live in sadly.

Aye rumours are always true.

Always

Have just read in the Guardian that the mother had only been in a position to break the news about her son's death to her other children this morning...

That's terrible. However in an Information Age, it's hardly surprising that the accused name is on Twitter or Facebook.

J

Aye rumours are always true.

Always

Ach you are being a bit hard on macy i think. Like derek I understood his initial point.

That Daily Mail article suggests a Jock v Nerd (or here Fatty) type situation where there was some crazy Fatty blowback. I would guess there might be some longer term stigmatization / bullying going on here... pure speculation at this point but it illustrates the 'let's not paint it is one sided for now' view.

It's hard to watch the news reporting on this.

Not because of the fact that it's a tragedy for all concerned, but because of the shallow, sensationalist, 'let's wring some emotion out of it' reporting which accompanies any premature death these days.

Close ups of flowers. Check. Grieving pupils. Check. Hushed voice from reporter. Check.

We have a grief junkie society these days, and the reporting panders to this. Cringeworthy.

Absolutely brutal. Must be absolutely horrific for the family. I've got two boys, one in nursery and another in P2, and it's worrying enough hoping they get through the system OK without being affected by peer pressure and bullying. Worrying about kids being stabbed at school is enough to make you sick to your stomach.

What age are you? I might have worked with the first guy you're talking about.

Sorry Fairbairn, just realised you were talking about first murderer and not second, this would have been a little earlier 1986/87.

Every youngster in Paisley between 18-25 was pulled in for a blood test, the night of the 2nd pensioner being murdered I had a perfect alibi when they pulled me in, as I was at Highfield Road in Coventry watching St Mirren play in some sort of unofficial Scotland v England cup winners British cup shite, all to no avail tho as the cvnts still gave me the needle.

It's hard to watch the news reporting on this.

Not because of the fact that it's a tragedy for all concerned, but because of the shallow, sensationalist, 'let's wring some emotion out of it' reporting which accompanies any premature death these days.

Close ups of flowers. Check. Grieving pupils. Check. Hushed voice from reporter. Check.

We have a grief junkie society these days, and the reporting panders to this. Cringeworthy.

With you on that one. Downside of social media and 24 hour reporting. It's horrific.

Ach you are being a bit hard on macy i think. Like derek I understood his initial point.

That Daily Mail article suggests a Jock v Nerd (or here Fatty) type situation where there was some crazy Fatty blowback. I would guess there might be some longer term stigmatization / bullying going on here... pure speculation at this point but it illustrates the 'let's not paint it is one sided for now' view.

Aye, I agree.

Constant bullying can make rational people flip. When I was about 10, some wee dick made a comment about me not having a faither (deid). It took about 10 folk to get me off him, and I swear I would've killed him.

No excuse whatsoever for the use of a blade, but if this wee guy was getting constantly taunted, I can understand why he lost it.

The whole thing is tragic.

Aye, I agree.

Constant bullying can make rational people flip. When I was about 10, some wee dick made a comment about me not having a faither (deid). It took about 10 folk to get me off him, and I swear I would've killed him.

No excuse whatsoever for the use of a blade, but if this wee guy was getting constantly taunted, I can understand why he lost it.

The whole thing is tragic.

My two suspensions at school were the result of hurting someone who had been taunting/bullying me. Whatever thread that holds your temper in place just being frayed away till it snaps. I was never intimidated though hence why i saw it as more taunting than bullying.

I used to get slagged for wearing a jumper my gran knitted me while everyone was wearing those "Mckenzie" jumpers.

Anyway, it's all speculation. As Rossy alludes to the media reaction is nauseating.

Don't let rationale get in the way of him having a swipe.

100% spot on.

Sadly horrible things happen and sadly these things can be understood.

Same here, 2 murderers in my year at school.One was a serial killer who murdered pensioners, another was a Paisley drug lord who saw his main rival filling up his car, so he just blew him away with a shotgun in the forecourt in front of witnesses CCTV etc, ironically it was mistaken identity, the poor ####er murdered was a good family man who had popped in to fill his car up on his way home from work.

Mental

Oooft nice folk. My first one was him and his mate and his mates mum stabbed,battered,drilled,clubbed(golf) and poured boiling water on 3 guys in a flat in Glasgow. Pictures of the flat in the papers were horrific.

Second one him and his gf stabbed someone something like 67 times then put them in a batch full of bleach.

You've just branded the dead kid bully though.

I'd rather form an opinion on facts.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

You've just branded the dead kid bully though.

I'd rather form an opinion on facts.

You barely formed the first sentence let alone a rational opinion based on fact. No branding has been done, evidenced by the fact of the definitions of "pure speculation" "i would guess" etc etc.

Oooft nice folk. My first one was him and his mate and his mates mum stabbed,battered,drilled,clubbed(golf) and poured boiling water on 3 guys in a flat in Glasgow. Pictures of the flat in the papers were horrific.

Second one him and his gf stabbed someone something like 67 times then put them in a batch full of bleach.

That was horrific. Mind reading it on the bus home from uni at the time and being genuinely sickened.if I remember correctly 2 of the guys who were murdered were pensioners and had tried to lock themselves in their rooms. Doesn't bear thinking how terrified those old boys must have been.

Rip to the young lad in Aberdeen. So many lives ruined in one moment of madness

Sorry Fairbairn, just realised you were talking about first murderer and not second, this would have been a little earlier 1986/87.

Every youngster in Paisley between 18-25 was pulled in for a blood test, the night of the 2nd pensioner being murdered I had a perfect alibi when they pulled me in, as I was at Highfield Road in Coventry watching St Mirren play in some sort of unofficial Scotland v England cup winners British cup shite, all to no avail tho as the cvnts still gave me the needle.

Different guy. I worked with a guy in the late 90s who is now in the big hoose for killing 4 pensioners when he worked as a nurse.