Hibernian Vs Rangers - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hibernian Vs Rangers

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daily Record taking an Old Firm club's side shocker. Still at least their readership is dropping dramatically with every year that passes.

The formula for the perfect Daily Record edition:

• Last nights murders in detail.
  • Yesterdays junkies in court for sentencing.
  • A six page special on how Scottish Labour are amazing and a reminder that Kezia Dugdale loves us all very much.
  • Detailed expose on how the SNP kidnap children and force them to work in Nicola Sturgeon's secret diamond mine.
  • Light hearted article on Old Firm fans being scallywags at the weekends matches and engaging in all round good natured banter with each other.
  • Old Firm fans being bullied by nasty, unsophisticated East Coast delinquents.
  • Old Firm transfer news.
  • Previews of yet another former Old Firm favourites new autobiography.
  • Breathless round up of the Old Firm manager's press conference where they are asked tough and highly original questions by the finest sports journalists in the land.
I believe everthing you have said.

Genuine question. Why do Rangers fans sing "Jimmy Saville he's on of your own" every time we play them?

They appear to have some beef with Cummings re that story about him being at a party when an underage girl got attacked (he didnt have anything to do with it).

:lol:

I suffer from road rage and last night was annoying enough without twats pissing me off even more.

Crabbit is the word for me today. :ok:

I've said the same myself when folk holding up traffic. Never actually run someone over though (as you wouldn't) but felt like it a few times :ok:

Focussing on the game and putting to one side incidents no one on here witnessed, I thought it was a really good game. Rangers played lots of near football but too often the movement of the ball was too slow which allowed hibs to organise.

Thought rangers should have had a penalty within first few minutes. Strange lack of discussion about that on here given rangers always get dodgy penalties apparently.

As for Fyvie challenge, it reminded me of Hayes red card in the Celtic game a while ago. Waghorn should have been booked and sent off. Fyvie should have been booked for the tackle and a second yellow for pushing waghorn three times. Either way, it was in the first minute of injury time so didn't really affect much.

Edited by bruce778

Genuine question. Why do Rangers fans sing "Jimmy Saville he's on of your own" every time we play them?

I despise the song with a passion but its not solely linked to Rangers fans. Scotland fans where singing it on the escalators on the way into Wembley the last time we played there.

I despise the song with a passion but its not solely linked to Rangers fans. Scotland fans where singing it on the escalators on the way into Wembley the last time we played there.

As distasteful as it was back then it was current and Saville was English.

Now, it's not current and I don't believe Saville was a Hibs fan either.

Weird.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

or a Hearts fan, we have been guilty of singing it along with other ditty's ourself.

Back to the game, think it was a penalty for Rangers in the 3rd minute, crazy tackle by Stevenson (who had Tavernier in his back pocket for the rest of the game). At least now you Rangers fans can throw that into the mix whenever we start complaining about your penalties till the end of the season.

The tackle on McGeouch was a horror as well, no replaying of that one on Sportscene last night. That changed the game, him having to go off resulted in Rangers then dominating the midfield. Wasnt impressed with Bartley at all yesterday, think he was found out a bit. The Rangers keeper was also found out yesterday, have been saying all season I thought he was suspect, think him and the centre of defence are their weak spots. Wilson has went backwards, distribution and marking really poor, will not be near a Scotland team again if this continues.

Big decision to drop Fontaine by Stubbs yesterday, however it ended up working. McGregor has started well for us, think getting him on a free could end up being a great bit of business.

Just like he bottled giving us a stonewall penalty in the first couple of minutes.

think it was a penalty. It was weird, he was pointing to the spot but I think he wanted confirmation from the linesman who must have said No.

As distasteful as it was back then it was current and Saville was English.

Now, it's not current and I don't believe Saville was a Hibs fan either.

Weird.

J

The attempt at justifying Scotland fans joke singing about a serial sex offender is even more weirder.

or a Hearts fan, we have been guilty of singing it along with other ditty's ourself.

Back to the game, think it was a penalty for Rangers in the 3rd minute, crazy tackle by Stevenson (who had Tavernier in his back pocket for the rest of the game). At least now you Rangers fans can throw that into the mix whenever we start complaining about your penalties till the end of the season.

The tackle on McGeouch was a horror as well, no replaying of that one on Sportscene last night. That changed the game, him having to go off resulted in Rangers then dominating the midfield. Wasnt impressed with Bartley at all yesterday, think he was found out a bit. The Rangers keeper was also found out yesterday, have been saying all season I thought he was suspect, think him and the centre of defence are their weak spots. Wilson has went backwards, distribution and marking really poor, will not be near a Scotland team again if this continues.

Big decision to drop Fontaine by Stubbs yesterday, however it ended up working. McGregor has started well for us, think getting him on a free could end up being a great bit of business.

yep, even scored didnt he? :)

Im sure you will find something else to be paranoid about anyway m8. :)

Agree with your comments about both Wilson and McGregor. McGregor is one of the very few that can hold his head up from last season and I know he went with the best wishes from most Rangers fans.

What sort of reception did he get from our fans out of interest?

Agree with your comments about both Wilson and McGregor. McGregor is one of the very few that can hold his head up from last season and I know he went with the best wishes from most Rangers fans.

Fantastic reception when he scored

Didnt see any kind of reception good or bad for him. I did hear you boo Henderson went he got taken off, I noted he "celebrated" well at the end of the game in your direction! :-))

Fantastic reception when he scored

:lol:

I did wonder why we let him go and the only thing I can think of was a lack of passing ability. Having seen Danny Wilson a few times now, I'd say we should have stuck with Mcgregor!