Molde - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of months ago, I posted a few stats about Deila's generally poor record and the fact that I considered his adoration by Celtic fans to be bemusing and I got criticised for being inaccurate. Not much has changed and his record continues to be poor and yet it seems now some agree with me? What's changed?

Think most of us were prepared to cut him a bit of slack for the awful start he had preferring to blame the board. He recovered reasonably well in the second half of the season with a decent effort against Inter and a league and league cup double.

The Champions league failure raised major question marks against him again and that plus his decision making, again poor last night mean he's up against it. I think most of us realise he's working to win trebles and qualify for the Champions league against a background of obvious downsizing from the board.

For me this Europa league campaign was about him showing he deserves another crack at the champions league next season. Last night was the final confirmation for me that he doesn't. He will be given more time but I have lost faith in him and I think he's on borrowed time. I also agree with Parky about the coaching side of it. Defensive awareness was his Achilles heel at Stromsogodset and still is it seems.

In conclusion, Ronny out!

Yeah, i was on here before wondering why many Celtic fans were so enamoured with him. Although, to be fair to him he managed to make a title race of the Premiership... Kenneth Farrington in particular (IIRC) was very dismissive of my viewpoint and was singing Delia's praises.

As i said earlier, Celtic look poorly coached defensively. Their backline lack coordination and Brown and Biton give them next to no protection (why do Celtic fans like Biton so much btw? I don't see it. He's great when you're dominating a game but missing when you're on the back foot or being effectively countered).

I don't suspect Delia will last the season.

The title we won by 17 points, +43 more of a goal difference than our nearest rivals, & where we beat our nearest rivals in all 4 games at an aggregate score of 9-2? Eh, a real thriller!

I'm almost certain I explained this several times last season & I'm almost certain it was to the same people, but for the sake of entertaining them:

It was unfair to judge him on the CL qualifiers. He'd only been in the job 5 minutes & couldn't have known the players well enough. Lennon knew the squad we had was always going to struggle to make it & didn't hang about to see it. After a slow start (again, this happens the odd time under a new manager), he turned things around, we got out a tricky EL group & the 2 games against Inter were definite signs we were getting somewhere. We were a terrible officiating display away from a treble, which is for more difficult to win than is made out. We were by no means perfect, but anyone who didn't think there was progress is talking rubbish or being wise after the event.

This season was always the acid test for him - I'm sure every Celtic fans would have said the same. He knew VVD, Denayer (I'd also say Guidetti as Griffiths isn't the answer) would be leaving for a long time & had months to prepare for this. It's impossible to comprehend the players we signed to replace them, so it's been no real shock to find we're shipping one bad goal after another & look toothless going forward. It's the same mistakes we were making at the same time last season & we have a far worse team, so despite the promise, there has been no progress & we're obviously going backwards, fast.

He can't organise a team, doesn't have another system or plan B when it starts going wrong, too loyal to certain individuals & now appears to have lost the respect of some of the squad. I don't just blame him though - what has Kennedy ever done in the game to be in that role, is Collins the right man to be keeping him right? I'd also go above that & point out Lawwell's role in getting us to this stage whilst he continues to rake it in. A special mention too for John Park in spotting the current array of talent we have, most recently 32 y/o Carlton Cole on a 2 year deal on what won't be pennies.

Long story short, I was wrong about Deila & you / so many on here were right - well done.

All our problems aren't going to be solved when he goes though.

The title we won by 17 points, +43 more of a goal difference than our nearest rivals, & where we beat our nearest rivals in all 4 games at an aggregate score of 9-2? Eh, a real thriller!

You won the league with just 3 games remaining. I understand why you're spinning it that way though.

He can't organise a team, doesn't have another system or plan B when it starts going wrong, too loyal to certain individuals & now appears to have lost the respect of some of the squad. I don't just blame him though - what has Kennedy ever done in the game to be in that role, is Collins the right man to be keeping him right? I'd also go above that & point out Lawwell's role in getting us to this stage whilst he continues to rake it in. A special mention too for John Park in spotting the current array of talent we have, most recently 32 y/o Carlton Cole on a 2 year deal on what won't be pennies.

I've wondered that about Kennedy for a while and in particular when reading some of the comments here about the team not looking as if they are being coached well enough defensively. You have to wonder if the appointment is a bit of a sympathy vote.

You piped up about me praising for Deila last season, I gave you a decent explanation & you come back with this nonsense?

:lol:

I agree with most of the rest of what you said (it's why i was telling you it 8 months ago). So why would I then challenge it?

:lol:

I agree with most of the rest of what you said (it's why i was telling you it 8 months ago). So why would I then challenge it?

As per my original post, I explained to you I don't know how many times my thoughts on Deila last season. You remember our discussions from last season so well, so I don't know why you need to dig it up (especially when you agree with me).

Well, I do - you obviously couldn't wait to do your wee "I told you so" routine. I never even post on the non TA Fitba bit now, so you must have been saving this up for a while.

I told you in my original post you were right & well done.

As per my original post, I explained to you I don't know how many times my thoughts on Deila last season. You remember our discussions from last season so well, so I don't know why you need to dig it up (especially when you agree with me).

Well, I do - you obviously couldn't wait to do your wee "I told you so" routine. I never even post on the non TA Fitba bit now, so you must have been saving this up for a while.

I told you in my original post you were right & well done.

You read way too much in to things :lol:

If you weren't so condescending and sneering in almost every post you make, maybe i wouldn't feel the need to point out how much pish you were talking :ok:

I've wondered that about Kennedy for a while and in particular when reading some of the comments here about the team not looking as if they are being coached well enough defensively. You have to wonder if the appointment is a bit of a sympathy vote.

I was wondering if the assistant manager is a factor with any dissent in the ranks?...

You read way too much in to things :lol:

If you weren't so condescending and sneering in almost every post you make, maybe i wouldn't feel the need to point out how much pish you were talking :ok:

The only pish I've seen on this thread is from you.

There was no title race last season. I've given you the facts to confirm this.

I don't want appear sneering or condescending, but maybe I just feel the need to point that out. :ok:

The only pish I've seen on this thread is from you.

There was no title race last season. I've given you the facts to confirm this.

I don't want appear sneering or condescending, but maybe I just feel the need to point that out. :ok:

Keep digging, Ken. You don't quite look silly enough yet... :ok:

Keep digging, Ken. You don't quite look silly enough yet... :ok:

You made a jibe, I've answered it.

You made a stupid comment. I've corrected you.

I have nothing further to add to this as a) I don't have the time that some sad sacks with 32,000 posts obviously have & b ) I can't (and I can't stress this enough) be arsed with any more of your boring chat.

Good day, my friend. :wave:

Edited by Kenneth Farrington

Stats from last night are interesting.

Celtic had 69% of the possession but only 2 shots on target to Molde's 5. Celtic managed 5 corners to Molde's 4.

Seems Celtic had a lot of possession but did nothing with it.

Celtic have only kept one clean sheet in their last 18 Europa League games!

Added to that they've let in at least 2 in each of their last 5 European games.

Pretty shocking and damning stats really.

You made a jibe, I've answered it.

You made a stupid comment. I've corrected you.

I have nothing further to add to this as a) I don't have the time that some sad sacks with 32,000 posts obviously have & b ) I can't (and I can't stress this enough) be arsed with any more of your boring chat.

Good day, my friend. :wave:

I made no jibe. I simply highlighted how much pish you talk. I appreciate that makes you uncomfortable. :ok:

I'm sure you're far too busy smearing someone who's been the victim of racist abuse to post.

Catch ye :)

I see Kris Commons has issued an apology for his conduct last night. Smart move, if he plays his cards right he'll see Ronny off some day soon.

I think you might be right there. Problem is who do you get in his place?