November Friendly/friendlies - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

November Friendly/friendlies

ProudScot

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be interesting to hear what the media and Strachan will be like once the Nations League comes into play in a couple of years..... I suspect though that these will become glorified kick abouts for B teams once the novilty wears off.

Really? For lower league teams like Scotland it will be anything but. It gives us a great chance to qualify for a tournament.

As much as I would like a game, the reality is friendlies are not approached with much interest by players, managers and some fans. The recent games v USA and Northern Ireland were murder to watch and I doubt it made much difference apart from an opportunity to get the squad together.

Nations League is the way forward rather than this daft negotiating between teams which seems to take an age to get a kick about organised. I'd also guess that the SFA probably take a loss financially on a lot of friendlies.

Can see us doing a London based away game again, maybe against an African team?

I enjoyed the Nigeria game, their fans were great fun.

Why would African teams be coming to Europe for a training camp? Part of the reason we played Nigeria in London was because it suited their plans for going out to Brazil.

If we are going to be away at the end of the season, it will be as someones "sending off" match before the Euros, or in Germany/Austria/Northern Italy at someones training camp (ie Ukraine are training in Austria before the finals, and they have NI in their group, so play us in Innsbruck or somewhere like that).

As capital cites go, London is pish poor IMO

Really? I love it. Wouldn't want to live there, but enjoy going up. Going this weekend to see my brother-in-law and family, then off to the NFL on Sunday. Always something going on.

What I meant is that foreign teams if they are not playing in their own country, always pick London for a "home" game. Regardless who is playing, there's always a strong turnout by their fans, and the TA always travel in numbers.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Really? I love it. Wouldn't want to live there, but enjoy going up. Going this weekend to see my brother-in-law and family, then off to the NFL on Sunday. Always something going on.

What I meant is that foreign teams if they are not playing in their own country, always pick London for a "home" game. Regardless who is playing, there's always a strong turnout by their fans, and the TA always travel in numbers.

J

I'm probably being harsh on London itself because it's brilliant for getting from A to B and stuff to do during the day etc but the nightlife isn't the best