What's Your Independence Whisky? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What's Your Independence Whisky?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Springbank .Many of the experts think they are the most complex whiskeys and contain the essence of all of the five categories.What a coincidence and total bonus that the distillery has come out so strongly for independence.

I also have a miniature collection with one malt from each of the 125 odd distilleries that were in existence when i started the collection.Will take a few out with me including a North port fae Brechin in the year i was born which i always said i would open on the first day of freedom.

Singleton

Wow, that's a blast from the past for me!

My dad was the project manager that built the distillery (Auchroisk) that produced the original Singleton.

I believe the production of this is now in Dufftown? Not sure why though.

Back on topic. I don't really like the stuff so it'll be a nice bourbon (Elmer T Lee, if I can lay my hands on some) for me.

I hope that's 'allowed?' ;)

As I said I don't like whisky, is it the peat that makes it smell like that?

Aye, Ardbeg is very peaty and very strong at 46%.

A vial of the 10ish year old stuff has just returned from space for an experiment. Space will now be honkin' of it. I like the smell :ok:

Aye, Ardbeg is very peaty and very strong at 46%.

A vial of the 10ish year old stuff has just returned from space for an experiment. Space will now be honkin' of it. I like the smell :ok:

It smells ok if you're trying to get rid of a stubborn zit, but for drinking, sorry - but in this case (with gritted teeth) I have to say no thanks.

This is my bottle:

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-8959.aspx

It was only £325 when my work bought it for me to mark 25 years employment. Been saving it for this day...

Don't drink whisky, as it gives me the mammy of all fecking hangovers, so I will settle for a nice bottle of champers, 24 cans, and the last of my Cuban cigars (I was keeping it for Rangers winning the SPL, but winning our freedom, deserves to be celebrated in style)

I have a bottle of 1982 St Magdalenes which I have been saving for a very special occasion. This is exactly the type of occasion that merits me cracking it open.

Sadly it's in London.

So it's a Lagavulin for me. I would usually have a 16 but may shop around for a special.

My Dad who died last year gave me a bottle years ago of a blended whisky that was created in honour of Turnbull's Tornadoes (for a Hibs team that was actually good, for younger readers). As he was old Labour but very much a YES, find it particularly relevant.