The T A M B - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

He was a very smart bloke indeed. Well-informed on Holyrood - I got the impression from his posts that he worked in the civil service there or summat.

Haven't seen Jonny or FE post for a fair while, and what's happened to Flure? They were the sort of posters that made the TAMB a worthwhile visit for those few of us not interested in following Scotland.

I must have a wrong image of elephant man in my head, cause when we were talking 9/11 he didn't have a clue, talking to him about the length of the patriot act was one of the few times i actually got frustrated (maybe that was his actual point??) on here. Adamant it was not long at all, even though the chapter list took two posts to reproduce. Maybe i just got him on the wrong subject. Or i forget everything else and just that one glaring example stands out.

Jonny is doing fine, i sent him a message a while back asking if he was OK and he said everything grand just on a wee self-imposed exile, real life and all that jazz. We occasionally share youtube clips and sci-fi book recommendations.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a very smart bloke indeed. Well-informed on Holyrood - I got the impression from his posts that he worked in the civil service there or summat.

Haven't seen Jonny or FE post for a fair while, and what's happened to Flure? They were the sort of posters that made the TAMB a worthwhile visit for those few of us not interested in following Scotland.

And since you asked FE is alive and well on FB running a lot. Probably a mid-life crisis. :wink2: Flure is also alive and well on FB but way beyond a mid-life crisis. :D

I must have a wrong image of elephant man in my head, cause when we were talking 9/11 he didn't have a clue, talking to him about the length of the patriot act was one of the few times i actually got frustrated (maybe that was his actual point??) on here. Adamant it was not long at all, even though the chapter list took two posts to reproduce. Maybe i just got him on the wrong subject. Or i forget everything else and just that one glaring example stands out.

Jonny is doing fine, i sent him a message a while back asking if he was OK and he said everything grand just on a wee self-imposed exile, real life and all that jazz. We occasionally share youtube clips and sci-fi book recommendations.

That's good to hear; self-imposed exiles are beneficial at times - wish I could keep mine up for longer (which, coincidentally, is just what the wife said to me last night: boom tish).

My memory of Elephant Man is that he rarely got involved in debates, in fact most of his posts were pithy one-liners and a bit of a waste as when he occasionally posted about devolved Holyrood he clearly knew it from the inside - civil servant or SNP adviser. Might well have been clueless about 9/11.

Edited by DonnyTJS

And since you asked FE is alive and well on FB running a lot. Probably a mid-life crisis. :wink2: Flure is also alive and well on FB but way beyond a mid-life crisis. :D

Ta Andy. I miss 'em but not enough to get a FaceBook account ...

Maybe Olas or one of the more techy Tambers can enlighten me...

When I joined this board (with six`n half thousand members) you would post a thread on Anything Goes and if no one replied it would be on page two in a couple of hours. That was normal. No joke.

Now when you look on AOB you have a "spread" of days... i.e. I could post a thread and be confident it would not slip off the front page for days versus 1.5 hours.

The board has 80,000+(?) members now.

Yet AOB is dead versus when it was 6,500 members?

WTF?