Calmac Man - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Calmac Man

As the end nears for the union I think back over the journey I have been on personally.

As a lifelong nationalist I grew up thinking that we should have our own government simply because we were a country and that is how proper countries are governed.

My love for football drew me to this board probably not long after it started and for most of the time since I have been a satisfied lurker, enjoying the debate and banter.

I remember a poster called CALMAC MAN (or similar) who opened my eyes to lots of other reasons for our need to self-determination and articulated a case for a prosperous more equal future. He left the board a long time ago, saying that he was spending too much time on it. (He probably was)!

If anyone knows him please pass on my thanks. He helped to 'arm' a man who had been able to lead lots of others to a YES.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a nice post!

He was definitely one of my favourite posters (and I was definitely not one of his). :lol:

I remember him saying that he "needed" the TAMB (as an outlet for his mental sparring?) but (I believe) that ultimately he couldn't afford to say everything that he would have wanted to as it could be seen as a conflict of interest in regard to the position he held.

So rather than risk that, he withdrew.

I'm sure your post will be passed on, but it would be great to hear from him again on here. (Especially after Thursday.)

What a nice post!

He was definitely one of my favourite posters (and I was definitely not one of his). :lol:

I remember him saying that he "needed" the TAMB (as an outlet for his mental sparring?) but (I believe) that ultimately he couldn't afford to say everything that he would have wanted to as it could be seen as a conflict of interest in regard to the position he held.

So rather than risk that, he withdrew.

I'm sure your post will be passed on, but it would be great to hear from him again on here. (Especially after Thursday.)

Watching you two going at it hammer and tongs was always worth a read!

Calmac Man is also one of my favourite posters. But the main inspiration on this board for winning all those independence arguments was far and away footsoldier.

Hopefully I'll bump into both of them next week, and sonny too - if anyone remembers him.

Met so many great people through this board over the years. And I'll raise a wee dram to Khraeigh too, god rest his soul. (And his lost bollock).

Calmac Man is also one of my favourite posters. But the main inspiration on this board for winning all those independence arguments was far and away footsoldier.

Hopefully I'll bump into both of them next week, and sonny too - if anyone remembers him.

Met so many great people through this board over the years. And I'll raise a wee dram to Khraeigh too, god rest his soul. (And his lost bollock).

Remember him very well.

Kept in occasional contact many moons ago but no idea of his whereabouts for years now.

Hopefully he still checks out the TAMB now and again.

Yeah.

Where's Jam?

I thought I saw him posting on here quite recently.... ;)

I was going to write some incendiary stuff to get him to post again, i mind petrocelli tried a wee bit revisionism and within an hour Calmac had posted refuting it even though he hadn't bee on for years. :-))

Nah he was a great outlet for information for me as i was becoming more politically aware, I also went to a game with him as well, and was a really good guy in person. Plus as someone who loves arguing he was a great foil.

I'm sure he is doing well working away and spending time with his family and cultivating his epic beard.