A Case For Jordan Rhodes - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

A Case For Jordan Rhodes

ScotlandFanMuir

Must be a first. A Championship-side being able to hold on to a player with reams of EPL clubs calling. That doesn't wash with me. Either there are no such clubs calling or Rhodes is petrified to test himself at a higher level.

Or plenty of clubs are 'calling' and Rhodes has indicated he would like to speak to them, but his current club have refused permission and he has accepted the situation like the good prefessional he is. But don't let reality cloud your wee partisan agenda.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So one game not scoring, or looking out of your depth means you are out ? Fletcher must have those pesky incriminating photos of WGS then..... :shocked:

Fletcher is out of form - sure. That is absolutely not up for debate. However, he is still the lynchpin in Strachan's game plan. Feed him and he feeds the supporting attacking midfielders. Rhodes cannot play to that style - Strachan knows that hence he isn't getting a game.

Or plenty of clubs are 'calling' and Rhodes has indicated he would like to speak to them, but his current club have refused permission and he has accepted the situation like the good prefessional he is. But don't let reality cloud your wee partisan agenda.

Well that would be a first in football. A player abiding by his club's wishes when big clubs are calling. Fanciful or even pure fantasy.

Well that would be a first in football. A player abiding by his club's wishes when big clubs are calling. Fanciful or even pure fantasy.

And even those very facts being freely available with a quick google will not sway you.............? Actually You may be right that if a traditionally big club came in it would change things - like even a Spurs or Everton or Newcastle - but as it stands Rhodes will only say he is flattered by a £12 bid and it means he is doing something right, but that his loyalty remains to his current club unless they say otherwise. Exactly what he was saying when he was at Huddersfield. You remain to be convinced, fair enough.

Edited by killiefaetheferry

Just to clarify, I have said here and elsewhere Griffiths and Rhodes are due a chance. I won't be complaining if they start V Poland but I won't have any expectations for them. They are the best we have at the moment but in my eyes they aren't good enough to cut it at international level. Not a crime is it? It is just a sad indictment on how weak we are up front at present.

The only way I can see things changing is if we unearth a creative midfielder and create chances for strikers that way. At present we use a striker feeding the ball to supporting attacking midfielders to get goals and at present that system does not help Rhodes or Griffiths at all.

Just to clarify, I have said here and elsewhere Griffiths and Rhodes are due a chance. I won't be complaining if they start V Poland but I won't have any expectations for them. They are the best we have at the moment but in my eyes they aren't good enough to cut it at international level. Not a crime is it? It is just a sad indictment on how weak we are up front at present.

The only way I can see things changing is if we unearth a creative midfielder and create chances for strikers that way. At present we use a striker feeding the ball to supporting attacking midfielders to get goals and at present that system does not help Rhodes or Griffiths at all.

Valid points :ok:

Suspect WGS will go with Naismith as his penalty box striker ( late runs into the box from midfeild) and also wouldn't be suprised if he sticks with Steven Fletcher for his link up play (not for his scoring ability).

Looks like Strachan will stick with the players that have got us this far.

Valid points :ok:[/quote

My hope is that Rhodes will become a top player at EPL level and our first choice.

Aye, totally agree.

I really rate Rhodes and hope he can get the chance soon.

Next campaign, hopefully he gets a decent run in the squad/team. :ok:

Suspect WGS will go with Naismith as his penalty box striker ( late runs into the box from midfeild) and also wouldn't be suprised if he sticks with Steven Fletcher for his link up play (not for his scoring ability).

Looks like Strachan will stick with the players that have got us this far.

Most likely. Rhodes and Griffiths as subs if we need to chase a goal second half.

Get Rhodes on the pitch along with Naismith playing behind him.

It's not rocket science.

Rhodes is more of a player than just a penalty box striker. Look at his Huddersfield and Blackburn goals. He's good at beating the offside trap and assists quite a bit, too (see his cross for Fletcher's header vs Gibraltar).

He's also deadly in the box. We need goals, and therefore a goal scorer.

It's not rocket science.

Rhodes is more of a player than just a penalty box striker. Look at his Huddersfield and Blackburn goals. He's good at beating the offside trap and assists quite a bit, too (see his cross for Fletcher's header vs Gibraltar).

I'm with you, a bit of change needed

It's not rocket science.

Agree totally.