Michelle Thomson - Edinburgh West Mp - Property Scandal - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Michelle Thomson - Edinburgh West Mp - Property Scandal

So she owns a stack of properties so that she can profit from inflated rental prices, due to a shortage fo affordable housing. All the while she's also on Ashley Madison, doing feck knows what.

Clearly a bastion of the social justice, fairness and integrity policies which the SNP claim to represent...

Is this rich shagger looking for a toyboy?

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the full 7k hike? all of them? then assuming your MP is SNP, your MP is not telling the truth...........

Well seeing as unionist MP representation is 1 each I think that's a safe assertion.

I think it's quite ridiculous to criticise a party for how much of their salary they don't give to charity.

Well seeing as unionist MP representation is 1 each I think that's a safe assertion.

I think it's quite ridiculous to criticise a party for how much of their salary they don't give to charity.

They made a big play about being the only real anti-austerity party yet are happy to largely pocket a pay increase that the majority of the public appear to be against. Other public servants meanwhile go by with their pay freeze/1%. Here was prsented a prime opportunity to show that they were completely different and this could have been backed by a clear action - but no, they don't appear to be any different than any other bunch of MPs. A real missed opportunity and hugely disappointing.

They made a big play about being the only real anti-austerity party yet are happy to largely pocket a pay increase that the majority of the public appear to be against. Other public servants meanwhile go by with their pay freeze/1%. Here was prsented a prime opportunity to show that they were completely different and this could have been backed by a clear action - but no, they don't appear to be any different than any other bunch of MPs. A real missed opportunity and hugely disappointing.

There's a hell of a lot more disappointing than that dribbling out of Westminsters arse...

Not that I want to be standing up for Michelle Thomson, but is the evidence on Guido Fawkes less reliable than the evidence you have to conclude that "she's on Ashley Madison"?

Her email address was on the Ashley Madison data leak. I couldn't give a feck if she actually is or not.

I made a half-joking comment. I'm not really interested in defending it to SNP fanboys who have an inability to look at anything SNP related objectively.

the problem with the 'fanboy' stuff is pretty deep...... why do many overlook or play down flaws with the SNP ? well we're in a situation where it is the only show in town as far as expressing opposition to Westminster is concerned. The 'main' parties take our votes for them as capitulation and a willingness to be walked all over.

Until we live in a 'normal' political environment - federalism or independence would seem to be the only options - this will not change - unless someone in the SNP exceeds the excess or scandals of Westminster I doubt they will be due much serious criticism...

the problem with the 'fanboy' stuff is pretty deep...... why do many overlook or play down flaws with the SNP ? well we're in a situation where it is the only show in town as far as expressing opposition to Westminster is concerned. The 'main' parties take our votes for them as capitulation and a willingness to be walked all over.

Until we live in a 'normal' political environment - federalism or independence would seem to be the only options - this will not change - unless someone in the SNP exceeds the excess or scandals of Westminster I doubt they will be due much serious criticism...

What's to stop the SNP taking the same votes from granted?

I dunno about you personally but most on here are ;)

Apologies if you're one of the few who isn't blinded by their love for Ms Sturgeon.

:P

Im just pulling yer leg. Im no SNP fanboy but I am a big fan of Sturgeon. Some very legitimate criticisms of Thomson though and the party.

Do I think it's a major issue? No. Do I think it's a surprise? No.

Some folk really were kidding themselves when they swallowed the whole "the SNP are better than everyone else" stuff. They are politicians and human beings. End of. Will suffer the same character flaws as the rest.

What's to stop the SNP taking the same votes from granted?

its a risk..... I think we need a party in Scotland who provide an alternative to the status-quo or full independence. If that happens then things will get interesting....

again the problem here is with the 2 parties who used to offer a federal solution but have totally abandoned it...

There's a hell of a lot more disappointing than that dribbling out of Westminsters arse...

There is indeed but we are talking about the SNP specifically and their actions directly related to the salary increase - these are completely contradictory to their statements on the salary increase and their anti-austerity platform. Hugely disappointing and as said, some will now see them as no different from Tory or Labour MPs who have also readily accepted the increase at a time when every other public servant sees a continued pay freeze.

Thomsons dealings do look grubby, can see this growing a bit. The local deposed libdem MP (who owns at least two full size family houses) on twitter giving her pelters and linking to that erse Ian Smart's blog. Other parties seem to be keeping up the pressure and the prospective msp for the area for SNP, Tony Guilano is refusing to back her by the looks of it...

I actually voted for Michael Stewart rather than her but there was quite a bit of push from established party apparatchiks to get people to vote for her during the selection process.

Edited by giblet