Hostage Beheaded - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hostage Beheaded

Professor from Bradford Uni was on BBC this morning. Cant remember his name. He was saying the US have already flown 2000 sorties in the last couple of weeks. He also said their could be as much as 20 more hostages held by IS.

Iran's top general has been spotted in Iraq for the last couple of months probably organising the militias , and they're sending troops to help the Kurds as well.

This is a terrible thing that has happened to this lad but lets think about it first before shouting for war.People who work in these dangerous places or volunteer to go there are very well aware of the risks involved.Don't be fooled by the onrush of Britishness and staying together to fight terrorism that will flood the Brit run Pravda media.The best thing we can do for this guy is to make sure Scotland never again takes part in these wars that cause more sufferring to those we are supposidly meant to be helping.If America and the UK go to war its not because of the atrocities being carried out by ISIS its because oilfields are being threatened.

This is a terrible thing that has happened to this lad but lets think about it first before shouting for war.People who work in these dangerous places or volunteer to go there are very well aware of the risks involved.Don't be fooled by the onrush of Britishness and staying together to fight terrorism that will flood the Brit run Pravda media.The best thing we can do for this guy is to make sure Scotland never again takes part in these wars that cause more sufferring to those we are supposidly meant to be helping.If America and the UK go to war its not because of the atrocities being carried out by ISIS its because oilfields are being threatened.

I don't think there is any appetite to rush into a war.

I don't think there is any appetite to rush into a war.

Just wait Eddard and see the pish the media will come out with about war etc in the next few days.They have no limmits as BT have already proved and will now be searching the deepest darkest corners of the empty barrel for things to write.

No! David Cameron practically signed his death warrant by talking tough about sending in air strikes etc.

The guy was being held hostage FFS and he goes off on an emperalistic rant.

What a toss bag.

TBH the guy was toast. Not many good news stories of these nutters releasing hostages.

RIP. A terrible way to go.

J

Just wait Eddard and see the pish the media will come out with about war etc in the next few days.They have no limmits as BT have already proved and will now be searching the deepest darkest corners of the empty barrel for things to write.

FFS Peever, not everything has to be linked back to the referendum.

Where do you begin with that?

What an odious warped little man.

FFS Peever, not everything has to be linked back to the referendum.

A bit crass perhaps but they're already "at it" on sky news.

That wee Imp Alexander is lapping up the chances to say "stronger together", "best armed forces in the world". Quite sickening.

Edited by thewelk

I agree with you about the "oilfields" comment but it would make no difference about being involved in wars or not as this mob [isis] will make use of any western person if it suits them, they are reported to be holding about 20 more hostages, it will be interesting to see how many if any are released.

I increasingly wonder about the Saudis and whether they are actually Muslim.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudis-risk-new-muslim-division-with-proposal-to-move-mohameds-tomb-9705120.html

They have been systematically destroying these holy sites whilst funding extremist islam all around the world. This is all very contrived and is designed to provide a pretext for more war. The idea that the Saudis are doing all this without US endorsement is laughable. The US wants these 'enemies' because that provides the excuse for invading or bombing or both... ISIS is a joke.

Coincidentally they had about 17 beheadings in Saudi Arabia recently.

You probably did not see it on the news as it was the state doing it.

One guy was beheaded for 'sorcery' I read.

Cutting people's heads for Sorcery in the year 2014.

And that is our key ally in the Middle East? Aye right.

Who else is a big fan of beheadings...hmmmm let me think...

Where do you begin with that?

What an odious warped little man.

Looks like peever has his eye on the ball here .If you've just listened to the mainstream media Neil ,they are the ones who are trying to bring it into a better together referendum scenario.it will just get worse as the day goes on. FFS odious doesn't even begin to describe the likes of Alexander.Your totally wrong describe a fellow patriot in these terms .

Think you should apologise to Peever on this one

He will have known the dangers, you are right, but he was over there trying to help people. He had also worked in other countries in the region, again, trying to help people. And for his trouble the poor man gets decapitated by a bunch of zealots. Decapitated, FFS - what year is this again?!

Sadly, I think you are right when you say that certain politicians will try to make some political capital out of this terrible story.

Anyone who thinks that the Westminster government and it's media lackeys won't try to benefit from this situation is a naive fool.

I hope that isn't the case and if they do I hope humanitarian agencies are quick to make a complaint.

Many British Aid workers try pretty hard to have a second nationality of passport, particularly for working in the Middle East. I've spent many a time queueing up at passport control jealously eyeing a colleagues Irish or Swiss passport while the rest of us with British or American passports curse the baggage that the little book of stamps often carries.

The colleague of David Haines, kidnapped at the same time, was Federico Motka an Italian humanitarian worker, who was released earlier this year. I'm not sure if it was his nationality that led to his release or whether there were other factors. But I do think it's likely that Mr Haines nationality was potentially linked to the horrific outcome he faced. So to use his death as political capital for Better Together would seem especially unpallatable.

My thoughts go out to his family and to his friends and colleagues. I hope that they are given support and comfort at this time, and I sincerely hope that his death is not used as a means to win points in this referendum.

TT

Edited by TartanTeddy

I

The colleague of David Haines, kidnapped at the same time, was Federico Motka an Italian humanitarian worker, who was released earlier this year. I'm not sure if it was his nationality that led to his release or whether there were other factors. But I do think it's likely that Mr Haines nationality was potentially linked to the horrific outcome he faced. So to use his death as political capital for Better Together would seem especially unpallatable.

The NYT said that the Italian gentleman was released because his ransom was paid. The UK unequivocally rejects paying ransoms to terrorists.

Coincidentally they had about 17 beheadings in Saudi Arabia recently.

You probably did not see it on the news as it was the state doing it.

One guy was beheaded for 'sorcery' I read.

Cutting people's heads for Sorcery in the year 2014.

And that is our key ally in the Middle East? Aye right.

Who else is a big fan of beheadings...hmmmm let me think...

I had the misfortune to witness a judicial beheading in Rihadh, some 24 years ago - it wasn't pretty. But it was quick and relatively clean

The murder of those beheaded by ISIS and their ilk is neither quick nor clean.

The fate of the victim, however, remains the same.

The whole of the ME is a fuckup!

A "war' against ISIS is inevitable, though I believe as much of it that can be undertaken by conventional air strikes should be done.

I don't want to see boots on the ground: sandals on the sand - aye. Get the various arab states in the region tooled-up to do the ground work.

I don't think Mr Haines stood a chance as 'we' don't pay ransoms, whereas other 'allies' do.

And, as a former 12-year service, RAF chap, he was probably seen by the cowards who slaughtered him as a legitimate combatant.

My condolences - for what they are worth - to his family and loved ones.