Aberdeen Vs Celtic - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen Vs Celtic

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I hate losing. Why the hell would anyone like to see your team get beat? We will move on to the next match and when we play the northern kilt wearing unionist tossers again i will be delirious when we beat you and go on to win the league.

Still wetting the bed about this I see? Truly great stuff from you the past 36 hours or so :) :) :) :)

Gordon was stuck between a rock and a hard place as the wind was really swirling. If he'd came it could have landed on the penalty and he'd have been in no mans land anyway.

Has taken over the top criticism about this IMO. Certainly not blameless but wtf were the 5 defenders doing? Other than observing I mean.

Has taken over the top criticism about this IMO. Certainly not blameless but wtf were the 5 defenders doing? Other than observing I mean.

Exactly, if he was uncertain it was almost certainly born of the shambling uncertainty in front of him!

Not moving your hand out of the way of the ball, when you easily could? I'd say it probably does.

Possibly. Possibly not. It's a very confusing law.

The way it stands if I was a ref I would only give a handball for something like a Maradona or a Richard Gough sprinkler incident...

Possibly. Possibly not. It's a very confusing law.

The way it stands if I was a ref I would only give a handball for something like a Maradona or a Richard Gough sprinkler incident...

I agree. It has been reworded and made harder to implement.

Not sure how you improve it though as it will always require the ref to interpret and decide anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34237693

Spot on from Tom English here

Good article.

Fair to say that it was a good time for us to get Celtic and we had to take advantage, which we haven't done in the past. The fact we were a goal down then down to ten men unjustifiably makes it even sweeter.

Hopefully we can push on from here and, at least, give Celtic a run for their money. We've certainly got a better squad to do so.

I think it's a rule (deliberate handball) that needs tidied up.

At the moment it's not applied correctly or consistently.

Is it deliberate handball, or is it "un natural position" etc etc.

It sometimes seems that you could have your eyes shut, back to the ball and hands in your pockets, and if someone hits a shot at you from 2 yards and it hits your shoulder, it's given as deliberate handball.

I think it's a rule (deliberate handball) that needs tidied up.

At the moment it's not applied correctly or consistently.

Is it deliberate handball, or is it "un natural position" etc etc.

It sometimes seems that you could have your eyes shut, back to the ball and hands in your pockets, and if someone hits a shot at you from 2 yards and it hits your shoulder, it's given as deliberate handball.

Deliberate. The unnatural position thing is just to help judge whether it is deliberate.