Why Do Sky And The Bbc Treat Ireland Like They're Part Of The Uk ? - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Why Do Sky And The Bbc Treat Ireland Like They're Part Of The Uk ?

Probably even before the UEFA Cup final there was a Rangers fan who used to end every post with "Still smiling", can't quite remember in relation to what. It was a little grating. I often thought of him when Rangers were on their deathbed.....

I'll guess at Sleepy Boy, he's the kind of fanny that'd do that :lol:

The mods shutting down the board and banning everyone loads of folk after the final (or was it after the big screen got shut off?) was perhaps the funniest part. especially read in conjunction with the Neil Lennon thread which went unmoderated while things that were unacceptable in this very thread were rife everywhere.

Anyway so it turns out the good people of ROI pay through their basic cable provider just like "everyone is Holland" so as someone else said earlier in the thread

"Once again, you're wrong and making a of yourself.

Better that you shut the f*ck up now."

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless if some people in the RoI pay a contribution to the BBc through their cable provider, I'm not sure why that entitles Ireland to such in-depth coverage. People in Holland and Belgium pay the same and I don't see their sports teams covered in such detail by the BBC.

Anyway, congratulations to those on this thread who caught the point that I was making about the BBC being available in a foreign country.

No surprise that the predictable usual subjects played the man and not the ball though. Yawn.

And I don't own a dog.

:lol::lol:

Disnae take much to bring out the class in these plastic Paddys, does it ? You just cannae help yourselves.

EK Celt and his wee pet from Port Glasgow back again.

Who gives a f*ck, you stupid c*nt ??

what a big internet man you are. :rollsmile:

You twats are too busy being offended you're too stupid to even realise what the point of my opening post was.

But be my guest,continue making utter knobs of yourselves. :lol:

... you're a deranged dick.

No surprise that the predictable usual subjects, played the man and not the ball though. Yawn.

52993182.jpg

Anyway, congratulations to those on this thread who caught the point that I was making about the BBC being available in a foreign country.

The Republic of Ireland is not a foreign country under British law though. Ireland Act 1949.

Funny thread lads not sure about funny peculiar or funny ha ha

What about rte being available in the UK certainly most in the north get it and pretty sure parts of Wales as well

Made this point earlier in the thread m8? Does this still happen. Article I read suggested it wouldn't be as widespread as it was prior to it going digital

@weekeveie - it is still on sky up north but some programmes are blocked eg RTE 2 live football

@ angusyoung - I think it is still available in wales IOM, I was on a couple of forums before the analogue signal changeover trying to suss out specifically how I could record both digital RTE/BBC channels as I had bought a PVR but had to send it back as it couldn't see the RTE channels which is a different freq/broadcast?????? to BBC (a humax PVR did the business BTW )

Regardless if some people in the RoI pay a contribution to the BBc through their cable provider, I'm not sure why that entitles Ireland to such in-depth coverage. People in Holland and Belgium pay the same and I don't see their sports teams covered in such detail by the BBC.

No surprise that the predictable usual subjects played the man and not the ball though. Yawn.

And I don't own a dog.

That's because you're missing the point that the Irish TV LICENCE makes a contribution to the BBC. That makes it different to Holland, Belgium or any other sovereign state you care to mention.

If the point you were trying to make is that the "What About The BBC?" argument during the referendum was a pile of pash it was quite a ham-fisted (dog-fisted?) Way to go about. Anyway, I reckon you're preaching to the choir with that one.

I hope Rossy is wondering why so much airtime goes on Rugby union despite the fact it's hardly played in Scotland.

Because it's popular and the international games (competitive and 'friendlies') get bigger crowds than our footballing equivalent.

I must be a middle-class unionist too, I suppose. ;)